* "" provides practical and easy-to-absorb lessons for financial planning ""(Essence, November 2002)
From the Back Cover
"How do we help make black America better? Jesse Brown reminds us that we gain financial success and security when we pay ourselves first."Tavis Smiley, author of How to Make Black America Better: Leading Black Americans Speak Out
"Jesse Browns commonsense approach is a surefire way to watch your money grow."Myra J., The Tom Joyner Morning Show
Achieve your financial freedom with step-by-step instructions from award-winning investment manager Jesse B. Brown. Discover the easy-to-follow, down-to-earth secret to living your dreams, whether its buying a new home, buying a new car, sending your children to college, retiring rich, or going on that once-in-a-lifetime vacation.
Pay Yourself First is a must-have reference guide for all African Americans who want to experience their own financial security. If you make less than $30,000 a yearor if you are simply a first-time investorhere is your financial "411" on:
- How to get out of debt and stay out of debt permanently
- How to avoid the most common mistakes people make with their money
- How to put time and money to work for you instead of against you
- Everything you need to know about todays best investment options, including IRAs, insurance, stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
Jesse Brown has already shown thousands and thousands of African Americans how to successfully manage their moneyand make even more while theyre doing it. Now you can begin your own journey to wealth. From free money for family emergencies to the fundamentals of saving and investing, Jesse Brown will give you the help you need to secure the things you want and be a winner.