Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 5, 2013
Where other reviewers mention the smell from this item they are not over-exaggerating. It has been 8 months since I received this item and I tried to like it, I really did , but alas to no avail.

The odor does not dissipate. It is as strong as it was on day one. It is pungent enough that if I were to leave it closed it steeps my watches in its malodorous funk. Leather bands and silk knots seep it up like a sponge.

The watch storage area is indeed small for most mens watches. Extremely small if your watches have a large bezel i.e., Invicta watches. I tried using the row in the front-middle ( looks like a pack of hot-dogs ) as storage for my cuff links but the cuff links are too large for that and jut out a large amount AND are forced up against ones immediately above and below that row. This area may be more appropriate for rings or earrings. More so earrings than rings.

The only thing going for it is that it does look really nice when it is closed.
on March 9, 2011
TRICKY LATCH, DOESN'T OPEN BY PUSHING IN, OPENS BY PULLING THE LEFT CIRCLE TOWARDS THE OTHER CIRCLE ON THE LATCH.

They definitely should have given instruction for this...I thought it was broken at first and was going to return it.

Pros:
Nice looks

Cons:
If you have 5 watches in there simultaneously the crowns might bump against the cases of the watch on the other side since the watch spaces aren't very large. You definitely won't fit 5 45mm watches in here without tearing things up.

Wouldn't recommend for expensive watches because of the space issue and possibility of the watches knocking against one another.

Other than that, if you have 5 moderately priced watches that are smaller then this is perfect. I put my pocket watches in the two front-side spaces. I keep extra straps in the top pouch section.

Good value.
on April 11, 2013
The product was packaged very well and presented quite nicely~unopened. As soon as I opened it though there was a thick "glue" like odor emanating from the interior. I have left it opened an on the enclosed porch hoping the smells will dissipate. It is a basic black "leather" exterior-stamped "made in China".
on February 22, 2013
We bought this valet case - sight unseen- for our son's watches at Christmas after looking around online and in retail stores for one to purchase. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this product because it was considerably less expensive than others we considered. The leather was supple and fine. The locking mechanism won't fly open easily and feels more secure than similar cases which I own. And, it has a key lock, too. A protective bag, like those that come with high end womens handbags, was included to protect the leather. The case holds big faced men's watches well. Our son was thrilled with his gift and so are we.
on September 6, 2012
I think a jewelry box may be something which has to be purchased on sight. I was disappointed in this box when I saw the quality and would have noticed little things up front.
The hinge on the back is basically non existent I don't anticipate it lasting long. The material of the box itself is cheep and spotty.If you're looking for a box to just keep stuff in, this would be okay. If you're looking for a quality box, this is not it.
on December 2, 2012
Ordered this for my husband for his xmas gift. The case arrived fast and when I took it out of the box it was just stunning, my husband won't know that i paid just under $40 for this. I highly recommend this for anyone with a watch collection...
on February 3, 2013
I looked long and hard for a watch case/valet that offered as many of the features I was looking. This product's spec came the closest and for a very relative price, I jumped on it. It's been working out great for me so far.

Pros:
- Low price
- Had the compartments I was looking for
- Small footprint with good capacity that fits perfectly on my bookshelf
- Leather and lock are nice touches

Cons:
- Interior material has a cheapish feel
- Watch cushion are small and a few of my watches slide off if turned sideways (and I have small wrist)
- Cufflinks compartment is functional but I think the cushion slots could be tighter/deeper
on June 25, 2014
I tease my husband about how he has his very own "jewelry box", but in reality, this is a very neat men's valet case. He really likes the spaces for his watches. This is a great box for a beginning/growing collection of mens accessories.
on June 20, 2015
The box looks very fancy. While I think it would have been perfect for me to keep my watches and cufflinks in, the box came locked and there was no key available (this seem to have happened to other buyers as well based on the reviews). I had to return this. Make sure your box came with a set of keys.
on August 6, 2012
I haven't had a storage case for years. There really is no better way to organize and store your jewelry and accessories than by getting some sort of storage case. The price was certainly right! I don't know why I waited so long.

The Paylak TS521BLK Black Leather Storage Valet Case appears to be well made. The exterior is attractive and, after a year of sitting on my dresser, still looks just as nice as it did when it arrived. The interior is soft and plushy, just as one would expect, and provides enough room, compartments, and watch stations for my needs.