Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Paypal Mobile Credit Card Reader/Swiper for iPhone and Android Devices
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 23, 2015
It's a fast and easy method of accepting payment anywhere on the go. I like being able to have it as an option for sales when most people don't carry around cash or checks these days. A minimal fee and options for the end user make it great.
on October 20, 2014
Seems to work well, but I had a lot of frustration the first day because I didn't read the fine print requiring you to disable "Volume Limit" on your phone (iPhone 6 in my case). I've never set a "volume limit" so I'm assuming the default must be around 80% of volume, since that's what my phone happened to be set to. You have to go into "Music" and then "Volume Limit" and slide the slider ALL the way to the right (so that when you return to the menu, Volume Limit reports "off".) I imagine other phones have similar issues. Once volume limiting was turned off, the unit worked perfectly and has never failed.
on April 14, 2016
PayPal Credit is a generally a nightmare to deal with. Phone support is nonexistent, and I am on my 59th minute on hold with them as I write this review, so if there is no online menu item dealing with your problem, you are out of luck. I have two credit accounts with them, PayPal Credit Bill Me Later and PayPal Smart Connect. Each of these appears to be handled by a different bank, but my Credit Union was understandable confused by the similarity of their names, and double paid one of the accounts, while failing to pay the other one, resulting in an overpayment (negative credit balance) on one and late charges on the intended account, with $25 late fees charged. I am now finally realizing that my only practical remedy is to quit dealing with PayPal and find a different bank. I would highly recommend that anyone reading this review do the same. I only gave them one star because I could not give them a negative star.
on December 18, 2013
It can take some practice getting the swipe right, but it makes accepting cards really easy. And since it is free with the rebate, you can't go wrong.
on June 19, 2016
Absolutely destroyed its purpose by freezing my account in the middle of a series of transactions. Had a line of 50 customers waiting, many of whom just left, because PayPal's over the top security system decided people were fraudulently trying to give our account money. PayPal system is about protecting PayPal. Customer utility and functionality are not a top priority.
on September 17, 2015
this card reader work right away, and very well, and unfortunately needs to be replaced monthly. It quits working altogether and rather suddenly, always have a back up. paypal is a great service as well, and only cost per swipe, so they say, but if you had up 12 readers per year at $15 each, well, you can do the math.
on August 15, 2013
To bad I didn't find out till I got the thing that I find out I could have applied for one for free. The Redeem code on it was also already used so I couldn't redeem the 15$ it actually cost me to buy this FREE product.
on March 24, 2014
First off, free from PayPal with business account. No need to buy here. As for all the complaints about it not swiping, the unit I got works like a charm (you have to swipe quick and properly of course, but it does work, every time). I don't care for the App software too much though, in that you can manually put in item descriptions or only premade item descriptions - not both. That is annoying, as adding a custom item is a pain on the fly. Other little things about the App that you download for it are that it is not that friendly to work with. Main complaint for iphone 5's, is the thing blocks the charging jack (unless you swing to the side, which puts a strain on the swiper).
Overall though, it does work, and that is what I want. Just hope PayPal improves the App that works with it.
on April 9, 2013
It came immediately. We are having a little trouble getting it set up, but I think that's a PayPal issue rather than the product itself.
on June 4, 2015
Paypal customer service is appalling, arduous & time consuming.