Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2011 7:05:54 AM PST
This is another example of why, in modern gaming, it pays to wait. Vegas was $50 when it first came out - plus $10 per expansion when they were released. Now - the full game with all expansions packs for $40? Sweet.....

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 9:42:32 AM PST
Marco S. says:
You could also have bought it during Steams autumn sale for $5 and the DLC for like another $10-15. So it would still have been cheaper.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 2:34:21 PM PST
Grady Miller says:
Actually, you can buy the game and all the DLC on Steam right now and it still comes out just a little over $30. One day last week the game was $5 and all of the DLC together was only $12-$13, so you could have gotten the "Ultimate Edition" for less than $20.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 1:45:48 PM PST
AJ says:
hahah.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 6:33:08 AM PST
Kirk Travel says:
Some of us don't use or don't like Steam (*gasp!). Some of us we still prefer a solid copy in your hand type of deal you know? So it did actually pay-off for him or her to wait, but yeah why pay for something that looks great on your shelf or display area? When you can get it for rock bottom 20-30$ for a limited time as a DRM digital copy requiring Steam vs 40$ now and then 30-20$ later on? that's some real mean "Penny" pinching I say. It's really at this point not about price, just preference. Do I use a DRM Steam Digital copy or do I use a easy DVD-Rom copy/with DRM possibly enabled? (depends on the game, really)

You might call me stupid for this; but I sure hope this doesn't *require "Steam" like TW: SHOGUN 2 did. That was a killer let down for me. I want to have an option on what I use to play it and how I play a game, that's just me. Don't get me pegged wrong; As I don't hate steam, I just don't think it's all that great.

Anyways this would likely include all the latest patches, DLC, and the game itself on disc with a beautiful Manual and DvD-Rom Case. looks like a great deal to me, 40$ isn't half bad for this re-release. I'll still wait for it to hit 20$ though, maybe. The "Ultimate Edition" sounds pretty cool.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 2:24:20 PM PST
gmerdude says:
What I would like to know is if the bugs were fixed, to my knowledge even after the patched it is still unplayable.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 3:46:11 PM PST
This game does require Steam, and I would wait even longer until Steam has this on sale for $20 or less. The trick with Steam is to only buy older games cheap. Otherwise buy something else without the DRM until it is cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2012 5:52:35 PM PST
Scatt3rbrain says:
I've played my copy on a few different PC systems through steam without hangups at all. Fallout 3 on the other hand...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 4:02:03 PM PST
Fallout 3 on Windows 7 64bit is do-able, but there are some cfg file settings for multi threading that you need to alter. They didn't think about 4/8 logical core processors when they deployed Fallout 3, so the thread handling is problematic without changes to the cfg.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 5:27:43 PM PST
CMC says:
Does Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition allow offline play on Steam like the original Fallout New Vegas, or do you have to be online when playing the Ultimate Edition? Thank you in advance!

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 1:43:00 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 23, 2013 3:18:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 6:47:17 PM PST
H. Le says:
For those who are still waiting, the game is currently $11.99 on Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2014 10:11:53 AM PST
Kid Icarus says:
so long as it doesn't require an "always on" connection or "RE authentication" I don't have a problem with steam. most of the games on my new PC require a one time activation, that's it. out of principle no one has a right to call you "stupid" if you don't like Steam at all, having to have an app running is always wrong, and it is preferable not to but as for that alone, it's not much of an issue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - PC
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - PC by Bethesda Softworks (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (205)