Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hirt's Peace Lily Plant - Spathyphyllium - Great House Plant - 4" Pot
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 6, 2010
I searched online for the perfect desk plant since my new workspace needed some color and life and read about the easy-to-care-for peace lily. To my surprise, they sold this very affordable and true-to-picture on Amazon and shipped directly to my work in great condition.

I've had my plant for 9 months and what I love is that even some weeks it's not looking so happy (my fault), just a bit of water picks it right back up almost instantly.

Item will arrive as just the plant, a handful of starter soil and a plastic base container, so you'll want to have another more decorative and permanent pot as well as potting soil ready when this guy arrives.
on November 8, 2014
This plant is just lovely! Looks very healthy and has some lilies ready to bloom. It arrived much quicker than expected and was well-packed. One of the larger leaves was bent but it is unfolding nicely. I would recommend this seller.
review image review image
on April 12, 2012
I'm very happy with my purchase. Granted I just got it today, but it was very nicely packed in a box marked "perishable". Came within 3 days of purchase. Everything was there and 2 flowers getting ready to bloom. I dusted it off and put into a cute vase. I'm excited to have a plant in my work cubicle.
review image
on July 22, 2015
This is a Beautiful Plant. I was sceptical about ordering a live plant over the internet and having it shipped here in a box. I ordered it on a Thursday and it arrived the following Monday. When I took it out of the box, it was still in perfect condition and healthy. After I ordered this Peace Lily, I saw one at WalMart that was about 4 time bigger than this one for only $5 more, but it was too big and not has healthy as this one.
review image
on October 21, 2014
I was hesitant at first about purchasing this plant, given all the reviews about the plant dying, but I decided to go for it anyway. Let me just tell you I am glad I did. The plant arrives promptly and is in a very small plastic container. You definitely want to have another pot and potting soil ready to go for this guy.

Now this is the part where I need to call out some of the negative reviewers here... DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THIS PLANT? I read one reviewer who was upset about this plant dying and they state "I kept the plant moist the entire time and in direct sunlight and it died anyway". Maybe you should read about the plant you are caring for before you purchase it? Peace Lilies do not like a lot of water and are not direct sunlight plants!

Bottom line the product is great and I am already planning on ordering more for my home and office. If this is a first plant for you, do yourself and your plant a favor and go read up on proper plant care. I've found the website gardenknowhow.com to be most informative and helpful.

Happy planting fellow enthusiasts!
on November 1, 2011
I was hesitant to write a review about this Peace Lily Plant, because honestly... I was afraid I might have killed it. The plant arrived quickly, as promised. In great condition, and looked very pretty with one bloom. I was very excited!!! After arriving, I put it in a bright room with afternoon shade, and re-potted no direct light. Well after one day the plant was already looking really sad. I got nervous that all the reviews I had read were true. So, I started to do my research. Normally, I have a green thumb. In my reading I found that I should put the plant in a low light area, I did that. I kept the soil moist as well too. Sadly, after a week the plant despite my best efforts my poor peace lily died. I chalked it up to the fact that I had no clue what I was doing. Instead of buying a new one time went on, and I tended to my other 30 houseplants which seem to be doing great. I started to look for some new plants for Winter. I came across this small Peace Lily at Lowes for $1.48. I picked it up and took it home. I did the same thing I did to the last one, and even put it in the same spot. Its been a few weeks now, and its growing like crazy. It looks so healthy and it has gotten bigger. I am very happy with the results of the new peace lily, and now I know it wasn't me who killed the plant. It just happened that this one did not fair well. Not sure if it was the shipping or just the company. I would save your money on this one. I have bought other plants online on multiple occasions and they have all done well so I wouldn't let this one plant dying keep me from buying other plants online, or from this company. I just would never buy this one again.
on September 15, 2014
It was delivered fast! It looks even better than the picture. I was expecting a plastic pot, but it is pottery. It is bigger than I expected. This is the first time I ordered plants on line, I was really concerned about what I'd get, but this is better than the local flower shop or nursery. It is so much easier to order on line then shop all over town and hope someone will have what I want with out costing an arm & a leg. I am happy & grateful!
on March 15, 2012
Please don't buy. I woke up in the middle of night and I'm writing this. It's 3:42am now.
I ordered this peace lily with rubber tree from Hirt's Garden.
They look nice, however they came with mites and other unidentified insects.
My house is really clean and I have never had any insects in my home.
However from the day I got it (yesterday) I've been bitten by insects.
It's more than 100 times, all over my body from shoulder to legs.
It's horribly itching, so I woke up in the middle of night and found this mite and the other insect that I've never seen before.
I threw the lily and rubber tree out of the window hoping the insects would gone.
Again, this is my first time ever in my life that I have this insect and insect bite in my own home.
It's so itching. I'm gonna make a claim for this. It's really horrible and I'm still scratching all over my body now.
1111 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2009
I wasn't impressed neither with the way my plants were packed nor their size and how they looked [Luckily my plants recovered but they still have some holes in the leaves and brown tips]. I went to our local Home Depot and bought at least four-times bigger and healthier plant for much less than I paid here.
on September 4, 2011
I purchased this plant a while ago and it gets more beautiful with time. The blooms and truly beautiful and creates an aura of peace and tranquility. I must admit, the price is somewhat steep but I received a quality plant.

I have since purchase two other Peace Lilies from Lowe's and they too are beautiful and much larger! Know too the price was considerably more reasonable!