5.0 out of 5 stars This book definitely leaves you with peace and love.
Published on May 1, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book
nice book that can assist you heal your wounds. I bought this for a friend who still thanks me for it.
Published 15 months ago by snp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book definitely leaves you with peace and love., May 1, 1999
By A Customer
The first time I read this book, I needed emotional help because I was recently separated and later divorced. When I finished this book, I felt so much love and peace; peace that I had not felt before. Since when I'm in need of the feelings of love, I return to this book and read it. I also read his book Love, Medicine and Miracles at the same time. Both of these books helps you realize there are different ways to handle crisis situations; instead of anxiety you can have peace. You can live in the moment, survive your experience, and have courage to face each day. I recommend his books and tapes to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Medicine & Miracles, May 28, 2000
Bernie is a legend! He has totally changed my life with this book. I couldn't put it down. I have put some of his theories into practice and THEY WORK! He has shown me that my mind is a very powerful tool and that I can achieve ANYTHING I put my mind to. It also had a whole lot more significance with me when I read a case study of a man who had the same disease that I do. When Bernie said he cured himself, I felt a huge weight life off my shoulders. There should be more doctors who practice his theories - then there'd be less sick people! Even though this book was written in the early eighties, time was no barrier for this amazing reading. I will make a point of reading everything he's written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for everyone's health, February 28, 2002
By A Customer
Bernie Siegel writes in a very conversational-easy-to-read style in a book packed with information, facts, and understanding which is helpful for everyone regarding the connection between mind-body healing. Bernie Siegel helps us to take responsibility for our own health and to work as a team member with medical professionals in a co-operative style of relating.
Having fairly recently been diagnosed with an advanced cancer this book helped me to see cancer in a new light.
Everyone would bemnefit from reading this book for their health in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Change the mind, change the body--and get well!, May 8, 2007
Sam Irvin (Roswell, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I've submitted essentially the same review for Love, Medicine and Miracles as for Peace, Love and Healing. I read Love, Medicine and Miracles first and then Peace, Love and Healing and also recommend that others read them in that sequence: Peace, Love, and Healing is very much a continuation of the earlier book. Having said that, the most important thing is for anyone facing a health crisis to read them both. The sequence in which they're read is less important than that they be read--and absorbed.

I was introduced to these books shortly after having been diagnosed with cancer by another person who was (and still is, unfortunately) dealing with some major health issues. Although I've read tons of stuff relating to cancer and, especially, treatments of various types and stripes, I can't think of anything that provided greater value and (even) guidance to me during those challenging days, mainly because getting the "head" right is half the battle--and the half of the battle that far too many completely neglect. One of the things that Bernie makes imminently clear to the reader is that he/she, the reader, has a great deal of influence over the course of his/her illness. That's an important message to someone feeling powerless. Plenty of powerful examples, thought exercises, etc. The messages are uplifting, hopeful, life-affirming, empowering, and above all, realistic.

Although I was vaguely aware of the mind-body connection before reading these books, I now understand that psychoneuroimmunology (if that is an unfamiliar term, you will become familiar with it by the time you've read Peace, Love and Healing) is real and can potentially be harnessed to the patient's great benefit: change the mind, change the body.

Naturally, I can't do justice to these books with a few short sentences here. But here's the bottom line: these books should be read by anyone facing a health crisis who sincerely wants to get well. But they should also be read by anyone who has a friend or loved one facing a health crisis. Read them yourself before you send them on to the friend/loved one. You'll find them valuable both for yourself and also for helping your friend/loved one deal with it. The books should be read by anyone facing a life-threatening illness, but their value transcends cancer (or other serious illness) self-help by a long shot, valuable as that is. Even if your present health seems to be good, you should still read these books. They will help you live more effectively even if you never get sick. And they will surely equip you to deal with a major illness if you ever have to face one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, September 27, 2001
By A Customer
I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in their health! You will learn about true healing, from the inside out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highest Praise to Dr Bernie Siegel, August 23, 2000
Marsha Lampert MBA (Wantagh, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have been blessed to attend several of his workshops & have met & talked with him in person & frequently email back & forth, He is a very very special person & he helped me successfully control a life threatening rare illness so I could use the illness as a gift & catalyst for living well & being able to achieve my dreams -Marsha Lampert MBA MS Wantagh NY

5.0 out of 5 stars Bernie, you're great!, April 3, 2007
I just love Bernie Siegal, and admire his openness and willingness to speak out and risk the ridicule of the traditional medical community. It seems his ideas really are important in healing!

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiration, November 2, 2012
Patricia (Vancouver, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
I just happened to pick this book up on a whim. As it turns out, a close friend was preparing for breast cancer treatment. I sent this book to her, and I truly believe it helped her get through her treatment.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book, April 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, October 2, 2012
This is an awesome book for anyone in the healthcare field or those with first-hand experience with a life changing medical condition.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Peace, Love and Healing : Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration
Used & New from: $0.01