Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 13, 2008
My daughter and I fell in love with Peaceful Piggy Meditation and bought an extra copy for my nephew who lives a rather high-powered life for a four year old. So when I saw this book I didn't hesitate to purchase since I figured it would nurture my daughter's budding interest in yoga. It has certainly done that--we use it often. It's an excellent introduction to yoga for children--the best I've seen so far. My husband, a novice yogi, even finds the poses in the book "just right" for his level of comfort and expertise. Definitely a favorite in our house. We love the Peaceful Piggies!
on October 15, 2011
The last reason I'd want a kid doing yoga is because "movie stars do it to look good". I found this book shallow. It presents an angle of yoga that doesn't remotely tap the main principles children need to use yoga as lifetime healing venture and spiritual practice. This book is full of comments like the one I mentioned, plus "football players do it, cowboys do it after a hard day in the saddle". I think kids deserve better than this intro.
on April 4, 2011
I had been looking for ways to encourage my daughter to do yoga with me. This book was great for that purpose. We read it together and then formed the yoga poses. It now sits next to the bed for nightly use.
on February 22, 2009
I've been doing yoga for some time, and was looking for a way to someday introduce my daughter to it without being too somber or heavy-handed. This is the perfect book for doing so. It touches upon the universal needs yoga fulfills in a funny way, and gives sound advice on trying some basic poses.
on August 24, 2014
I bought this so my great-granddaughter and I could some easy yoga poses together. It's fine for a young child. We had fun both reading the book and trying the poses. I left the book with my g-granddaughter in Utah (I live in NY state) and I'm not sure if she does any of the yoga on her own.
on August 21, 2011
My two granddaughters -- 6 and 2 1/2 -- love Peaceful Piggy Yoga. Whenever they come over, they grab the book and break out into yoga on the living room floor.
on March 14, 2014
I really like this book. It is great for my daughters (ages 5 & 3). They are both interested and attempt the poses (in their own ways!). It is something that we like to do before bed and it gets them to stretch and relax.
on February 2, 2010
We first borrowed this book from the library and loved it so much that we had to get our own copy. My son is a VERY energetic 3 year old and has days when he just doesnt quite know what to do with himself because of his bounds of energy (even though I try and keep him active outdoors and doing lots of physical things). This book is so great for those days. We just get the book and yoga mat out, put on some relaxing music and work on the poses together. It keeps the poses really simple (little more than some good streching activities really) which makes its easy to do. It really helps to focus my son, so that on his "over-active" days he can learn to calm himself down a little. He really enjoys doing it to, and the bright colors in the book really capture his attention! Great little book!
on October 5, 2015
This book is precious! It helps teach kiddos some foundational yoga poses in a kid friendly way. My 8 year old daughter loves it and refers to it again and agin.
on March 15, 2014
I've started introducing yoga and meditation to my 5 year olds and 10 year old. They really enjoy this and the yoga cards I got as well.