Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Peachtree By Sage First Accounting 2010 [Old Version]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 6, 2013
I have used Quick Books for about 15 years. I took a Computerized book Keeping course and Peachtree was much easier. The older version is a real bargain ! I got it for my daughter in laws business - she will be a pro in no time ! Highly recommend for all small to medium businesses. Quick delivery + Ease of Use and the features = A must have. Great for even those who itemize deductions. Signed, IRS Registered tax Preparer and Certified Financial Advisor.
on April 7, 2011
This turned out to be a shot in the dark at first. I needed something for my start up business to keep a general ledger. This had enough info to get me started...have to see where to go from here. For the what I paid it was well worth it!
on February 15, 2010
This accounting is miles ahead for Quick Books and costs less.

I have used Peachtree since the early 80's in the more complicated versions but when I retired my computer had Quick Books so I used it. It was OK, but when I bought a new computer that didn't have Quick Books I went back to the home version of Peachtree and I'm glad I did!!!
on December 24, 2014
I am a small business (sole proprietor, no employees) service provider and well versed in accounting. I have used everything from Peachtree (high-end) to Quickbooks Pro to AS 400 systems, as well as paper systems.

I love this software. It's easy to use and perfect for such as business as mine that does not require inventory/costing (it does not provide that, being a low-end version of the software) but just the basic accounting needs. Should I need more, I can always upgrade.

It works very well on Windows 8.1, as that is what my computer has.

Being an older software, it does not have the services to support the Peachtree Credit Card Services nor the Online backup. But, there are other services for that such as PayPal and many free cloud services.

This program is well worth the $10 I paid for it.
on April 14, 2012
Never got too far in to this software since it cannot create quotes. It can create invoices, but not quotes. Doesn't really make since to me as to why you want software that can't do the most basic tasks. But guess what? It's cheap. I bought Xin Invoice. A lot of bang for the buck with that one.
on October 14, 2013
This needs a lot better description of what it really does. I have been using Peachtree in business for 18 years and no problems. Of course it costs a lot more than here. I took it for granted that it would have a budget and payroll included - hey, you can add employees - just no payroll program to enter payroll. Since it was so little money, I am keeping it, but it is only good to balance a checkbook. Going to have to buy a better program to do the Church books. BUT COME ON SELLER, ADD BETTER DESCRIPTIONS!
on July 7, 2012
this was horrible for me. it was very complicated to set up, the reviews said it wasn't, i beg to differ. i wound up not doing it right and couldn't do what i wanted and that was to simply make invoices plain and simple. It had me put in so many items and rates and etc, my head was spinning. i wouldn't recommend this to anybody.
on April 25, 2015
Full disclosure...I am a Peachtree "fanboy" (Now called Sage 50). I have used both Peachtree and Quickbooks for several years and it is clear to me which one is the "best" product. However your decision must be made on what is best for you and there is no question that there are more "3rd party programs" that will work with Quickbooks than there are for Peachtree (Sage 50). But Quickbooks has one very big problem. They have something like 95 percent of the market share and they know it and they are very arrogant and lazy. Don't take my word for it. Just read lots of quickbooks reviews and it becomes clear. Sage 50 has made some changes in the last couple of years that I am not crazy about so I prefer older versions of their product. But if you must get the latest version of Sage 50 then I recommend that you get the version that includes "ownership" rather than the cheaper "rent it" version. You will have to read the fine print to understand what I am talking about. Basically they charge more to "own the license" so that if you ever stop paying for support then the software will continue to work. Otherwise it will go into "read only" mode 60 days after you stop paying for the "yearly support" (which is excellent for those who need "hand holding" when using accounting software). As for Peachtree 2010...it is an excellent product that does not require that you buy the support package.
on January 21, 2015
No trouble installing the program on my 2014 laptop. Seems to work perfectly. That said, after taking a couple days to get to know the program, I don't really like it very well and decided to go back to learning and using Excel 2013. I was hoping this would be easier than using Excel, but it just wasn't my style.

I like doing the accounting directly in the ledgers, and not filling out little electronic forms like receipts, checks, invoices, etc. It had a lot of little "rules" that I found odd or just didn't like, such as requiring a unique reference number for every transaction. That's okay for checks, which are numbered, but for debit card transactions or other simple transactions, it just seemed like a chore. Also, when I would transfer funds from one account to another, I had to choose whether it was a "payment" or "receipt" for every transaction (which should be obvious by whether I put it in the credit or debit column), and then it would show up strangely in the other account. For instance, I would do the transaction in the register for one checking account, choose "payment" because I am transferring funds into the other checking account, and instead of showing up as a deposit (or "receipt") in the other account, it would show up as a negative "payment." Weird...just plain weird.

Perhaps there are ways to get around these rules and quirks, but after a while it just didn't seem worth the effort. It may meet the needs of some people, but it just wasn't my style. Worth the 10 bucks I paid to explore it and find out, though.
on March 8, 2014
High hopes, since I had a minimum of things I wanted this to do.
First- opening the box, it has a user manual one inch thick. Red Flag!!!
Second- enclosed literature tells you that you are allowed one support phone call. Get ready to use that call installing it and I hope you have an hour or two to just wait for the company to pick up your call.
I put it into my drive and it started making a terrible noise. Followed the prompts and when it got past the part where my computer asks me if it's ok to make changes, it tells me there's a problem with installation and call toll free #.
I called the # and while I was waiting to talk to someone, for ONE HOUR- I tried several other disks in my computer just to make sure the problem wasn't in my disk drive. It wasn't.
After an hour, I was done. I asked Amazon to come and pick up the item for return. Kudos to Amazon for alway's taking care of business.
I will end up paying 10 times as much for a product that actually works and is backed up by a good support system. It will be worth it because my time is much more valuable.