4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter software
This turned out to be a shot in the dark at first. I needed something for my start up business to keep a general ledger. This had enough info to get me started...have to see where to go from here. For the what I paid it was well worth it!
Published on April 7, 2011 by MrRon

3.0 out of 5 stars Product description
Published 16 months ago by Joe Slater

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter software, April 7, 2011
This review is from: Peachtree By Sage First Accounting 2010 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Peachtree First Accounting 2010, February 15, 2010
This accounting is miles ahead for Quick Books and costs less.

I have used Peachtree since the early 80's in the more complicated versions but when I retired my computer had Quick Books so I used it. It was OK, but when I bought a new computer that didn't have Quick Books I went back to the home version of Peachtree and I'm glad I did!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Furious !, September 6, 2013
I have used Quick Books for about 15 years. I took a Computerized book Keeping course and Peachtree was much easier. The older version is a real bargain ! I got it for my daughter in laws business - she will be a pro in no time ! Highly recommend for all small to medium businesses. Quick delivery + Ease of Use and the features = A must have. Great for even those who itemize deductions. Signed, IRS Registered tax Preparer and Certified Financial Advisor.

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it zero stars, I would., March 8, 2014
High hopes, since I had a minimum of things I wanted this to do.
First- opening the box, it has a user manual one inch thick. Red Flag!!!
Second- enclosed literature tells you that you are allowed one support phone call. Get ready to use that call installing it and I hope you have an hour or two to just wait for the company to pick up your call.
I put it into my drive and it started making a terrible noise. Followed the prompts and when it got past the part where my computer asks me if it's ok to make changes, it tells me there's a problem with installation and call toll free #.
I called the # and while I was waiting to talk to someone, for ONE HOUR- I tried several other disks in my computer just to make sure the problem wasn't in my disk drive. It wasn't.
After an hour, I was done. I asked Amazon to come and pick up the item for return. Kudos to Amazon for alway's taking care of business.
I will end up paying 10 times as much for a product that actually works and is backed up by a good support system. It will be worth it because my time is much more valuable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product description, March 14, 2013
Product description could have been more forthcoming regarding compatibility with previous versions of Peachtree Software. I've had to reconstruct customer files and forms from scratch instead of being able to import them. When I migrated to Peachtree from Quickbooks, I was able to import my customer information and form into Peachtree from Quickbooks. There shouldn't have even been a question about this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought with bookkeeper, April 6, 2014
Earl Stillwagon (DeRidder, LA United States) - See all my reviews
Could not load on my computer, so I really could not compare with a similar product. This could be more of a problem with my PC,

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware !!!, January 30, 2014
This program did not load so buyer beware and not waste your money. If anything get a more up to date version, but this one is not for windows eight.

1.0 out of 5 stars shopped too much price.., May 17, 2012
Noel Jordan (Huntington, WV) - See all my reviews
Bought this product for primarily the price of the item, I should have paid more to its features and benefits. This is strictly a business product and lacks adaptabilty to an individual.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, November 8, 2011
when i saw this for such a cheap price i was happy and i jumped to buy it. when i got it i was even more surprised that i worked well 5 starss

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my personal records, May 27, 2014
I didn't need the new version which has the ability to communicate, etc. I use this to keep track of my small business activities. Since I am not using it to write checks on line, I was able to get this full version accounting program at an unbelievably low price. I repeat, if you need all the bells & whistles, buy the new version.

Peachtree By Sage First Accounting 2010 [Old Version]
Peachtree By Sage First Accounting 2010 [Old Version] by Sage Software (Windows Vista / XP)
$99.99 $9.89