4.0 out of 5 stars Good product ----but ???
Received product in a timely manner. Spent some time determining where to mount the camera.I did not want to mount it on the license plate as it was designed for because of the inconvenience when changing plates , etc.
The vehicle I mounted it on is a Honda CRV 2004. I finally decided on a lower spot on the black plastic cover over the bumper as the ideal place...
Published on June 1, 2011 by HO GLO

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough signal strength for my pickup
The unit was a breeze to install on my crew cab pickup. Major problem, though: the transmitter does not have enough signal strength to make it to the cab without noticeable interference. I spent some time moving the transmitter around to eliminate the reception problem, but no luck. Only when the transmitter and receiver were within about 5 feet was the poor signal...
Published on September 21, 2010 by TC

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you use Blue Tooth, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Peak PKC0RB Wireless Back-Up Camera System with 3.5-Inch LCD Color Monitor (Automotive)
Installed in vehicle fairly easily. When using the camera there was constant static and rolling. Other times screen just flashed off and on. Going down the road the screen would flash repeatedly with a blue screen. Called company and was told that the blue tooth in my truck was causing the problem. No where in their paperwork does it say that blue tooth causes problem with this unit. I was told that they were reprinting their instructions to show that. When I asked about return to them I was basically told that I was out of luck. The only problem that I have with Amazon on this is the fact that I have to pay $5.55 to return it. It was not my error that caused the problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Back-up Camera on a Nissan Rogue, January 5, 2011
KeoweeHarry (Seneca, SC, USA) - See all my reviews
Of the many joys of Rogue ownership, I used to not include backing up. I purchased a Peak PKC0RB Wireless Back-up Camera ($87.80 from Amazon.com). This allows a view, on the 3˝" color screen, low and straight behind the vehicle. Included on the screen are guide lines which serve to allow lining up with lines in the parking lots. Now I enjoy backing into most parking spots and into my garage.

The package comprises 3 cables and 3 units, a screen/receiver, a transmitter, and the camera. Installation of the screen/receiver was a no brainer. To mount the camera, it is necessary to open the little panel in the center of inside of the lift gate. Then you have to remove the backup lamp assembly (See owner manual for changing a backup lamp bulb.). I chose to solder the wires from the device to those from the right side backup lamp. Stripping the rather fine wires requires care. To mount the camera, I drilled out the plastic nuts that held the license plate screws and used the machine screws provided with the package. I fed the wire from the camera through one of the plate mounting holes (along with the screw) and backed things up with rubber grommets. A 10 mm wrench is needed to hold the nuts from turning while tightening the machine screws that hold the camera and license plate. I used a plastic wire tie to secure the transmitter to a heavy cable inside the lift gate panel. See photos.

The device works as advertised, but it has a couple of quirks. One is that it's blue LED blinks on and off continuously, mildly annoying at night. The other is that sometimes the screen comes alive while you're just driving along. I suspect the receiver picks up WiFi signals from computer networks. By and large, the backup camera is a good addition to my Rogue.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st was defective, 2nd box works great, January 23, 2011
I ordered this product for my 2002 Lexus LX 470. The installation is simple and straightforward for the most part. The wire clamps for camera/transmitter power supply are very tight. I had to use a flat head screwdriver to loosen the clamps and push in the wire.

The original unit had a defective LCD monitor. When I plugged it into the cigarette lighter, I thought I saw smoke coming out of the monitor. It never had any sign of life. I reported this to Amazon, and received the replacement via FedEx Overnight (applause for Amazon).

The replacement unit works great. The picture is very clear. Guide lines are very helpful. There is occasional noise, which does not bother me. There is about 3 to 5 seconds delay from the time I shift gear to reverse to when the picture comes up.

My local auto shops wants $1,000 for putting in a rearview camera system. This one costs $73 + 2~3 hours of DIY.

Before you start drilling holes and clamping wires, check if the LCD monitor is working. You should be able to see a blue screen (no, not BSOD ;-) and menu should work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product for the Money & Excellent Company Support, May 29, 2011
I purchased this at my wife's request for the family van. It's not completely wireless, but I think it is as uncomplicated as it could be. There are cables to run between the camera and the transmitter, and from the transmitter to the backup light wiring, and you need to identify, and splice into, your backup lighting wires, but the instructions were fine, and if you have some mechanical ability, it can be a do it yourself job. If you don't feel comfy, the reasonable price of the product makes hiring an installer an easy choice. The product worked as advertised. The image is clear, and the field of view good. Within two weeks, the camera shorted out due to rain-water leakage. Peak's technical service was quick to respond, and shipped a replacement camera to us immediately. The new camera had an improved gasket design, and the Peak rep told me they had made design improvements which improved the water tightness,and mounting capability of the camera. I give Peak high marks for getting ahead of this problem with their design, and for being quickly accessible to customers, and highly responsive to the issue. Problems happen, and it's how companies handle those problems that separate the good ones from the poor ones. Peak PKC0RB Wireless Back-Up Camera System with 3.5" LCD Color Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality, May 7, 2012
Please do not buy this product. Camera fogged up during first rain. Opened, dried, and sealed unit around removable backplate. Fogged again. Camera is useless. It is obvious that this product failed testing and is being marketed anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars This thing is junk., February 22, 2012
I put this on my full-size pickup with a service bed--I have a blind spot big enough to fit a tailgater. But from the get-go, I couldn't get anything but an intermittent picture, static and mush out of it. I backed up into a pickup truck's bumper. I moved the receiver and the transmitter; then moved the camera to different points on the back of the truck; changed the power hookup to an unswitched wire from the fuse panel. Nothing helped--fading picture, lots of static. Then, I backed up into a power pole. Could it get worse? Yes--it rained. It now has had no picture at all, as the camera visibly has moisture trapped in it. Time for something else...quick! Anyway, don't waste your money on this.

2.0 out of 5 stars worked great for 6wks - getting warranty replacement., July 16, 2011
Amazon Customer (North Palm Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
I bought this and installed on my 4Runner to help hook up my boat trailer. Installation was easy, and for about 6 weeks it worked great! Amazing how easy it is to connect a trailer with one of these babies.... then it rained, camera fogged, image blurred. But still at least I could see the hitch well enough to hook it up. Then about a week ago the monitor died, now the display just flickers. I know it's the monitor because it flickers even when in its menu.

On edit, I contacted the company and they replied next day that they are sending a replacement unit.

Richard

1.0 out of 5 stars Not water proof, Horrible, May 23, 2012
We got two of these on sale for two of our business trucks. Within 2 months condensation formed on the inside of the camera housing, rendering it completely useless. It's just a big blur on the monitor. This is both trucks not just one, so it's not an isolated incident. Wow. 2 months!!

Complete Junk.

UPDATE: This is a product review not a company review but I have to mention that Peak is a good company with excellent customer support. They had no problem refunding the money. However, we paid the shipping. And tax.

1.0 out of 5 stars no transmission!, July 6, 2012
Unit came really quick and I was disappointed that it didn't work! Transmitter never showed signs of life, really no way to tell, except for the monitor blinking. tried everything to the point of insanity!They need to put an indicator on the transmitter to show it is sending a signal! Amazon is awesome in their returns and you can shop with confidence! got refund and will try different product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Peak Backup Camera & Older Subaru Forester, March 12, 2012
First I purchased this as a impulse buy at a local VIP Auto Parts store )$100.00
Should have grabbed from Amazon for $76.00 with Free shipping (March 2012)
I've installed this Peak Package (PKCORB) on a 2002 Subaru Forester (S) Model
Instructions are very basic, strait to the point (less confusion following along)
The install on this year Subaru Forester seemed to be made for this type of install
While the basic install does indeed take just minutes. I must say if you care about looks/function
& would like everything hidden as much as possible plan a nice warm days work.

The entire package works great perhaps the image on the screen may be little grainy for some
but for me I have very little experience with screens like this & digital cameras in general so for me
looks & functions great, surely better than no eyes back there on a longer type car such as my wagon/suv.

Only con I found with this kit in my particular application is the suction cup mount didn't seem to work on any other surface but the windshield,
which in VT is a no-no. So I modded by mounting 2 small stips of double sided tape to the suction cup then attached to the center of the dash.
All said & done this is a nice little system looks/works great esp in this type of application
Those that like little DIY projects should really enjoy without breaking the bank, &, looks like may be able to build upon this system
say a larger screen in the future should one wish.

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›