Questions & Answers
Peak Dry Whole Milk Powder, 900-Grams
by Peak
4.5 out of 5 stars (403)
$17.31
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 55 questions
votes
The can that I have opened says it was packed October 2012 and expires October 2014...2 years. I opened this can about a week and a half ago. We use at this time only for coffee creamer as we don't like the additives and ingredients in prepared. I use 1 Tablespoon dry in each cup. If I didn't use anymore from this can that is opened I would expect it to last at least 6-8 months. I like the ability to make milk if needed for cooking...but purchased it to use as coffee creamer. I am "into" food storage and would expect the unopened can to last at least 3 years over the printed expiration date. If I found out otherwise I would open the can and reseal with oxygen absorbers in canning jars...hope this helps you make a decision. This is the best milk powder I have found..
Sep 21, 2013 by Sheila Shepardson
votes
There is nothing on the can that indicates that the milk is organic.
Mar 13, 2014 by Osbrofan
votes
We have tried several different brands of powdered milk recently to see which is the best for food storage. This is very good tasting milk according to my husband - very creamy. My ratio is different than the directions on the can as I did not want 3.5% milk fat. I mixed 1/3 c. powder with 2 c. water (or 2 1/2 level Tbsp per cup water). This probably made a very creamy 2% milk - more or less. The directions on the can call for 3 heaping Tbsp. to about 6 oz. water to make 6.75 oz. That's not even a full cup. The can will make 3.5 gallons (about 56 cups of milk) using my ratio above so that equals $4.95 per gallon or $4.70 with subscribe and save option. Not so bad considering. However, if you use the ratios on the can it can be very expensive.
Oct 24, 2012 by saxa
vote
It's good for at least five years after the printed expiry date. No kidding,I found out from personal experience when I opened a can from a forgotten stash with an expiry date of 1994 -in 2001. Being rather intrepid,I decided to mix a batch and it was perfect. (In retrospect,maybe I was just lucky but it was still fine. No one noticed anything different anyway)
Feb 20, 2013 by U. Nwabuoku
vote
It contains lecithin derived from soybeans. Lecithin is phosphatidylcholine, and is an essential component of our bodies. It's put in powdered milk to help the "cream" dissolve. Otherwise, your reconstituted milk would be full of little clumps. Lecithin can be obtained from a lot of foods including eggs and fish. By itself it is sold as a nutritional supplement. The chance of this causing an allergic reaction in a person sensitive to soybeans is vanishingly low.
Aug 15, 2014 by George Reinhardt
vote
I think that is because this is used at times in places where water purity maybe in question and if you mix up more than you can drink at a time. Even treated tap water has bacteria in it. It blends well both in hot or cold liquid. I use it in hot coffee and have made up a glass in cold water to drink both mixed quickly and thoroughly.
Sep 16, 2014 by Lynn M.
vote
Reading the can: Produced in Holland
Oct 30, 2012 by C. Mayfield
vote
Yes, it's made in Holland - as written on the can. However, I do not know what type of cow(s) it comes from (product packaging has no info on this); what I do know is that it's rich, creamy & delicious!!! Hope this helps.
May 9, 2014 by TKO
vote
Hi on the bottom of my can it says: 12 of 1013-12 of 1015......hope this helps...it seems nice and fresh...
Jul 2, 2014 by Brook
vote
It is produced in Holland and has a 2 year shelf life.
Aug 30, 2014 by Cherri Woolbert
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers