Peanut Butter & Co. Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, 16-Ounce Jars (Pack of 6)
Flavor: Cinnamon Raisin SwirlSize: 16 Ounce Jars (Pack of 6)Change
Price:$26.80+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 25, 2009
Lord help me Jesus this could be my undoing! I can't make a jar last more than 3 days. I like it cold, straight up, on a spoon, no bread. I make myself put it back on the shelf at the grocery store, I try to avoid that isle, I win the battle 2 maybe 3 times and then I relapse. I console myself by noting that it has less sugar and fat than regular peanut butter, no hydrogenated oils. And doesn't dark chocolate have antioxidants in it? Everybody does it once in a while, right?
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Peanut butter plus Nutella is the best way to describe this product.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 26, 2010
I became addicted to this stuff shortly after my first child was born. Between nursing and not sleeping, I ate A LOT of peanut butter sandwiches in those months. I have tried almost every 'natural' brand out there - I won't eat anything hydrogenated or containing HFCS. Trader Joe's flax PB is pretty good. But then I discovered this stuff and have not switched back. Perfect crunch and just the right amount of sweetness to make it yummy, but not what I would call sweet (and I don't like overly sweet things as a rule). The only minor downer is that the jars from Amazon arrive with the PB separated a bit. This is no big deal for Natural PB veterans, but it something that you don't find when you buy this in the store. You have to assiduously stir it up or you'll get to the end of the jar with something closer to modeling clay.
on November 30, 2009
Buy this peanut butter.
Ok ok.. sometimes the crunchy kind, one batch will be a little dryer than the other, I don't know why. The honey type here, was freakin' AMAZING. Perfectly sweet, smooth and versatile- baking, off the spoon, foreplay...
Gluten free, natural, inexpensive and delicious, I would marry this company if their standards were lower.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 4, 2011
This stuff is great! And since Nutella is claiming to be such a "healthy" breakfast choice I'll compare nutritional info between the two products.

DCD (Dark Chocolate Dreams) first ingredient is PEANUTS, Nutella's first ingredient is SUGAR!

DCD Total fat 13g, only 2.5 is saturated (remember that peanut is a healthy fat - the lower the saturated ratio the better). Nutella has 11g fat, but 3.5g of that is saturated fat.

DCD has 6g of protein per serving, and Nutella only has 3g.

DCD has 12g of carbohydrates per serving, and Nutella has 22g (carbs = FAT ON OUR BODIES!, these are the sugars at work)

Now to talk about the taste differences.

I've had Nutella and right away you can tell that it is actually BAD for you, like if you think spreading chocolate frosting on your toast in the morning is going to be healthy you are sorely mistaken. A good use for Nutella? Spread it on top of cake to make it more nutritious, use it instead of frosting. Now there is a good idea.

The DCD is still peanut butter, but it is CHOCOLATY peanut butter and it is amazing on toast and bread. Good good stuff!

For these reasons I will be using this product from now on instead of Nutella.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 22, 2010
I love that this is a no-stir option without hydrogenated oils. I really hate stirring natural peanut butter. Plus, oily peanut butter - yuck! My only issue is that it's far too sweet. I got used to peanut butter without sugar. I also think the company is being a little deceptive. They say that there's "no added sugar," but then admit in the description that there's cane juice. The carb count, for anyone who's interested, is 8 grams (3 grams of which are sugar) per 2 tablespoons. Whether it's cane juice or sugar or corn syrup, it's really all sugar. Because of the over-sweetening and higher carb count, I probably won't be ordering from this company again, but if they ever make a no-stir peanut butter without any kind of sugar, I'll be the first in line.

Fortunately, I was able to turn the peanut butter into low-carb peanut butter cookies. The sweetness doesn't bother me as much in cookie form.
on December 15, 2010
Really, if you love peanut butter, you'll love this. Actually, if you only kind of like peanut butter, you'll love this. Wait, if right now, you said you hated peanut butter and still you tried this, you'd be an instant convert. Unless, of course, you have peanut allergies. Then forget I said anything.
on July 14, 2009
I picked up this peanut butter on a whim one day, and it quickly became my favorite. The heat comes from chilis and cayenne, but it's not overdone... just a mild glow. I first tried it on crackers, and that was great. Next I tried it in a sandwich with cherry preserves--wow. Cherries and chilis complement each other nicely. I've used it to make spicy peanut noodles and it was a hit. It's even terrific on a spoon out of the jar. Peanut Butter and Co. peanut butters are quality spreads, with a fresh peanut-y taste and a nice consistency. The Heat is On is my favorite variety.
on June 9, 2012
Wow!!! I am so happy I found this peanut butter. I grew up on Skippy and Jif (mostly Skippy) and have been trying different "natural" and organic peanut butters for a few years now because of the hydrogenated oils, etc., in all of the standard commercial products. But nothing has ever come close to the flavor and texture that I like & remember...until PB & Co.! I love that this has just a touch of sweetness as well as salt--I know we supposedly need to limit sodium consumption (though I expect the "latest wisdom" on that to change at some point, just like it seems almost all other nutritional advice has over the years), but most foods need at least a bit of salt to enhance flavor, and I've really missed that in other brands. They just taste too darn bland. Anyway...this pb is absolutely PERFECT! It hits all the right notes of peanutty, sweet, and salty goodness, it's packed with chunks of crunchy nuts, and it's spreadable on fruit, celery, crackers, etc., without the sloppy goopiness and oily separation of most of the naturals/organics out there--another HUGE plus in my book. I would give this many, many more stars if I could! I have found the peanut butter I will buy for the rest of my life!

BTW, PB & Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams is also to die for--I mostly eat that a spoonful of that as a simple dessert or use it in sauces/baking, etc. IF you haven't had it yet, try it--you won't be disappointed!

Also, after reading the comments in some other reviews about palm oil, I felt I had to include the following (which comes from [...], as well as the comments further below from PB & Co.'s web site, to set the record straight, as there is a lot of misunderstanding out there about palm *fruit* oil (vs. palm *kernel* oil, which is what is used in most commercial products). Similar info is available from several other reliable sources on the web.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only oil that contains significant levels of all four types of tocotrienols is palm fruit oil.

Although tocopherols are generally sufficient for meeting minimum vitamin E levels and maintaining an average level of good health, there is far
more to be gained from getting the full range of both tocopherols and tocotrienols. Rice bran oil, wheat germ, barley, oats, coconut oil and palm
kernel oil all contain one or more types of tocotrienols as well; however, none besides palm fruit oil contain all four types. Palm fruit oil is
composed of 30 percent tocopherols and 70 percent tocotrienols.

Tocotrienols are roughly 50 times more potent than tocopherols when it comes to antioxidant power. Recent studies have shown that tocotrienols
distribute themselves more evenly than tocopherols do in the fatty layers of cell membranes. They are effective at preventing and treating serious
degenerative diseases like cancer, stroke-induced injuries, diabetes, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease. In one study, tocotrienols increased
the lifespan of laboratory rats by 20 percent. Aside from preventing and treating these serious illnesses, palm oil improves blood circulation and
prevents clotting, boosts immunity, improves general nutrient absorption, supports healthy lung and liver function, strengthens bones and teeth,
reinforces eye health and supports brain function. Studies have shown that virgin red palm oil is the variety that offers the most medicinal
benefit, but all varieties seem to be beneficial.

From PB & Co.'s web site:

- I see that "palm fruit oil" is listed as one of the ingredients in your flavored peanut butters. What is it and why do you use it?
Palm fruit oil is a non-hydrogenated, healthy alternative for creating natural peanut butter with less oil separation. It has been used in
culinary applications since the beginning of recorded history. It is grown in tropical regions and is widely used as a culinary oil in many
countries.

- I always thought palm oil was bad for you -- is your peanut butter still healthy?
Our palm fruit oil contains no trans fats. Trans fats have come under scrutiny by the FDA as a link to major diseases including heart disease
and cancer.
Palm Fruit Oil is often confused with Palm Kernel Oil. Palm kernel oil is derived from palm kernels and contains 82% saturated fat.
Palm Fruit Oil comes from the fruit of the palm and has a nutritionally balanced profile of approximately 50% saturated and 50% unsaturated fat.
When safely processed using traditional methods, palm oil promotes health by providing important lipid antioxidants and fatty acids. A high
percentage of the saturated fats in palm oil are supple long-chain fats, excellent sources of energy. In contrast, hydrogenated fats result from
converting supple long-chain fats into still "plastic-like" short-chain fats, producing desirable texture in foods but highly undesirable results
from a health standpoint.

- I've been hearing a lot about the destruction of rain forests in Indonesia to create palm plantations, and that the indigenous orangutan population
is in danger. Where does your palm fruit oil come from?
The palm fruit oil that is used in Peanut Butter & Co. products comes from Malaysia. Sustainability is a primary concern to our supplier,
who is in fact one of the founding members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). The RSPO is comprised of governments, palm growers,
palm oil users, and non-governmental organizations such as the World Wildlife Fund. Its goal is the preservation of the natural environment in a
sustainable way that also permits reasonable growth of palm oil plantations that support local populations. For more information about the RSPO
please visit their website [...].
Peanut Butter & Co. is also a member of Green Palm, which offers a certificate trading program designed to tackle environmental and social
problems created by the production of palm oil. Under this program, we are able to reward palm oil producers by paying them for an equivalent
amount of palm oil that they have produced sustainably and responsibly.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 4, 2010
Peanut Butter & Co's Mighty Maple Peanut Butter is delicious!! It makes an amazing healthy snack with sliced apples and a spoonful gets me through my sweets cravings. The tiny little crunch in the texture is what makes this flavor so addictive for me. I LOVE that little crunch along with the creaminess. (Another reviewer called it "grit".) If you want it without the tiny bit of crunch, get the honey flavor - it is yummy too, and smooth and creamy. GREAT STUFF!! I'm glad Amazon has this brand for a good deal.

See 1 answered question