5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF MY FAVORITE APPS
Since I use PEAPOD HAVING THIS APP ON MY KINDLE IS VERY HELPFUL ~ On the Kindle you can view the products very clearly & actually place an order, just GREAT !
Published 22 months ago by LINDA

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible service!
Published 8 months ago by Julie B

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF MY FAVORITE APPS, December 26, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Prices and Service, November 14, 2012
Annie H (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peapod (App)
I ordered for the first time from Peapod after using Freshdirect for a couple of years. First of all, the prices are much better than Freshdirect. There are far more items available for purchase and many items that I buy on a weekly basis are on sale. Freshdirect charges by the pound but Peapod charges by the item. For example, FD charges $2.49 per lb for Gala Apples and you have to buy a 4-pack (estimated to weigh 2 lbs or approx $4.99 for the pack). Peapod charges $0.99 each. I don't need 4 apples so FOR ME, Peapod is the better bargain. I did shopping carts for both web sites and Peapod saved me over $28.00 over Freshdirect. In addition, Peapod will send you a text telling you that you are next for delivery and another text to tell you that the driver is outside. Cons: The delivery fee is higher by about $4.00 for Peapod and you have to order more than $60.00 worth of groceries for delivery. FD's minimum is $30.00 for delivery. All in all, I find Peapod better than Freshdirect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible service!, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Peapod (App)
I used Fresh Direct for 2+ years and was happy with the service. I decided to give Peapod Grocery home delivery a try when I saw that the prices were significantly lower in most items I order regularly. I typically schedule deliveries in the 6:30-10 PM window and received notice 2X's out of 5 scheduled deliveries that the delivery team was running late. I cancelled the deliveries both times because I didn't want to wait up until 11:30 PM for groceries, but they still showed up at my door @ 12:45 and 1:30 AM in the morning. Ridiculous!!!! There was no rain, snow or I climate weather on either occasion. They are not. Rey respectful of their clients time. I've since switched back to Fresh Direct whose delivery track record is reliable and dependable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst service ever!!, August 27, 2014
This review is from: Peapod (App)
Peapod was something I was really looking forward to using consistently so this is an especially disappointing blow. I just moved to Boston and there aren't any grocery options in my neighborhood other than Whole Foods. As a first time customer, and for the delivery fee, I expected good service and all the items I bought to be delivered to me within my delivery window. My expectations were way too high. My driver was 25 minutes late and my order was missing 3 important items for meals I had planned and now can't prepare without those items. I now have to pay a cab to get me to a real grocery store to get those items which defeats the entire purpose of using Peapod. I told the driver that I was really disappointed in everything and that I was a first time customer and probably wouldn't order again and he couldn't have cared less. He all as much told me to take a hike. I'm not sure why I thought he'd understand my frustrations- he is a representative of Peapod working face to face with their customers, is he not? I called to speak to a customer service representative and she was very nice and apologetic but unfortunately that doesn't negate this terrible experience. Don't make the same mistake I did. Just skip Peapod and take a cab to a real store. You're guaranteed all your items and you'll probably save some money too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless -- unless you're interested in having a stroke., September 26, 2014
This review is from: Peapod (App)
Ordered six times (PeaPod/Stop & Shop) -- about $1200 in groceries -- and not once do they get the order correct. Not a single time. Sure, I can get it fixed, assuming I want to go to the store, etc. But guess what? I used PeaPod b/c I don't want to go to the store. Also, they will substitute cheap house brands in place of the name brands your explicitly order. They make the entire point of ordering online moot -- you just have to go to the store if you really want to get the items you want. And I contacted customer service, and I essentially got a run-around version of "we really don't know how to do our jobs." I give up. No more PeaPod.

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep expectations low and you won't be disappointed, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Peapod (App)
I've used Peapod for six months, but not anymore. The prices are slightly less than what is charged in NYC supermarkets, but each order had substitutions. This order there were two substitutions and what was sent are flavours I detest. When I called Customer Service I was told just too bad as you checked you would accept substitutions. I was told they were far too busy to call in advance about substitutions. So . . . more due to attitude than anything else, I can closing my account at Peapod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peapod.. such a timesaver!, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Peapod (App)
It took me a while to be convinced that peapod was going to really help ease my stress in getting things done after work and school but finally I did it and when the truck pulled up with my entire order correct it was a great relief. I look foward to using this service often. The driver was very nice and right on time. I got two texts before he arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Peapod (App)
I purchased this app for my Kindle Fire. This is the best app I have purchased. This app is a full version so you can shop, make changes and place your order, just like you would if you were shopping on your computer. I would highly recommend this app to anyone who shops Peapod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, January 19, 2012
ofic (Pasadena, Md. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peapod (App)
We shop for more than 95% of our groceries through Peapod, an outstanding service particularly for those unable to get to a store on a regular basis due to age or infirmaries. I was thrilled there was an app available. After logging in I found all my lists waiting for me. So far I feel the app is even better and easier to use than the home page on the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very highly recommend Peapod Home Delivery, August 25, 2014
This review is from: Peapod (App)
Very highly recommend Peapod Home Delivery. I have been using Peapod delivery for several years. They arrive on time 99% of the time and call if they will be more than 15 minutes late. Groceries are always first rate, but if anything breaks like an egg they credit your account for the entire product. Drivers are polite, respectful. If you are a very busy person, have a special occasion or a physical problem like a broken bone, sprain, or arthritis they are for you.

Peapod