Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 6, 2011
The Pearhead Babyprints Photo Frame contained everything that we needed, which made it convenient for us. It contained the stamping kit (we had to do some "redos" and the stamping kit provided enough ink to do about 4), stamp cards (cards where you stamps are placed on), and there are about 15 or more different labels to place under the photo (e.g. "My First Prints", "My Little Prints", "Memories"). The frame is pretty good quality. It seems sturdy.

It's definitely convenient to be able to get stamps of the feet/hands without having to wipe off any ink!

We followed the instructions provided with the product, which was helpful. Remember that it's easier to have get the best stamps when your baby is asleep. It definitely helps to have at least two people when trying to get stamps (maybe three people if you're trying to photograph this occasion of getting your baby's first prints). When placing the foot and/or hand on the stamp pad, we found it best to place the bottom of the foot or the bottom of the hand first and then continue to put the rest of the foot and hand on the stamp pad while applying the same amount of pressure. We placed the foot and/or hand for a few seconds and we were done! Make sure that the person holding the stamp paper holds it in place and then pulls it straight off and not at an angle.

We were satisfied with this product and would purchase it again if and when we need it. We rate the product with 4 stars because we wanted a different frame color. However, the contrast of the white frame and the black stamp print does highlight the prints very well.
on December 20, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the frame. I love the white frame, silver lining around the picture/prints, and black ink, it all looks very nice together. However, I was disappointed for two reasons, hence the three star review.

I took away one star because like other reviews stated, the ink pad truly is too small. I had to use a different ink pad which was very messy but still turned out okay (but was an additional cost). There really is no way to get a decent print of the hand with the ink pad that's provided if your baby is on the bigger size. I even lined up the ink pad to the hand print they have displayed and it wouldn't fit. You should be able to get a print of the foot with the ink pad provided, so an idea would be to have two foot prints instead of a hand and a foot, but I didn't want to do this so I had to use a different ink pad.

The second reason I took away a star is because the options that Amazon displays for the phrases under the picture are NOT the options that you receive with the frame... VERY frustrating, because the whole reason I bought the frame was to get the "I love Grandma" phrase which is shown in the picture description... The picture on Amazon shows at least 14 different phrases in English, along with different years, but what you really receive is the different years and ONLY 6 phrasing options (which is less than half of what's shown), in different languages (English, French, German, and Spanish). The phrases you are able to choose are: "my first prints", "my baby", "my first year", "my little prints", "our baby", and "my birthday". I contacted customer service about this and they said there's nothing they can do, as they stopped making the old phrasing and all that's available is what was sent. I kindly suggested that they updated their picture/item description then. To solve the problem, I just made an "I love Grandma" phrase on the computer and used that instead. Still a headache though.

Overall, I wouldn't suggest spending the $25 to purchase this frame. It seems like a project that could easily be done for cheaper and less hassle by buying the supplies and making the stuff yourself.

In summary:

Pros:
Nice sized frame
Beautiful looking frame/matting colors
Phrasing comes in different languages (if needed)
No mess ink pad is a good idea, and may work for small to very small babies
Extra cards are provided for foot/hand prints in case of mistakes

Cons:
Ink pad MUCH too small for hand print
Additional cost/time to purchase another ink pad to make project work
Limited amount of phrasing options
Phrasing not what's shown in item description
$25 seems a bit pricey
on February 10, 2011
The frame is cute, and the no-mess design of the ink pad is fantastic. I liked that my baby's hands and feet didn't have to get covered in ink to make the prints. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get good prints. The ink pad is very small--too small for my three-month-old's hand or foot. Because of the specialized kind of ink pad, there is no way to get a print that is larger than the ink pad. The other problem with this is that each time you make a print, it is lighter than the previous print; if you get it right the first time, it isn't a big deal, but if you have to try a few times, the prints end up really light (and the two prints won't match each other.

If this included a larger ink pad and an extra ink pad, I would have given it four or five stars.
on July 18, 2014
The quality of the frame is good. The included matting is not great quality but nice enough if you are not a close observer. The ink pad design is flawed- you can't really get more than one good print with the current design. I would recommend to the manufacturer to include at least 2 pads (if not more)- I think it would be worth paying an extra few cents. You can get more than one print off of the single pad but there is a "shadow" of the previous print on the subsequent prints. Instead of using the preprinted labels I turned one over and wrote out my Baby's name to make the item more personal.
I recommend printing while the baby is asleep or has just fed to get the best prints- you can even lightly tape the paper to a book if you want a hard surface that isn't a table.
review image review image
on February 21, 2014
I wish I had read more of the reviews on this product. It isn't going to come out as cute as the photo. One of the things that makes this convenient and less messy is actually a downfall of the product. Doing the footprint is simple, it's the hand print that is going to drive you crazy. My baby is 2 weeks and I didn't get anything from the hospital as far as a footprint was concerned, so I got this. The frame and set up is very cute, and like I said, the footprint was easy enough with the baby asleep. Then it came time to do a hand...oh goodness! We all now how a newborn baby likes to keep their hands curled, but it helps if the baby is sleep. Thing is, you'll need to practice to get it perfect, but you can't practice more than 5 or 6 times before the ink pad is no good. Think of the ink pad as you would an iron on decal for a t-shirt, its the same concept. The ink wears out eventually. I'll probably use the less gruesome of the hand prints for now and probably get a real ink pad and try some more soon. You probably can't use this if your baby is more than a couple months old because of the size of the ink pad. If i knew how annoying this product was, I probably would not have purchased it.
on November 14, 2015
This is a beautiful and quality product. I bought it over a year ago when my son was born and people constantly comment how beautiful it is (they can't believe I did it myself). I love the ink and it is really easy to use, and practical mess free.

I will buy again and plan to put a few up on the wall to show his growth.
on August 26, 2014
I really like this frame and once done, it looks really nice on the wall. That being said, getting to that stage isn't easy! We attempted to get hand prints and foot prints of our newborn... We found the feet to be fairly easy when he was sleeping, but trying to get a baby to open their hand and not have a tight fist was almost impossible. The no mess ink was a great idea in theory but with all the attempts we made, it just didn't work. We ended up using the ink pads we got from the hospital and just going for it. After non stop laughing, some tears out of frustration, and about 25 failed attempts, we finally had one that was decent enough to frame. This frame contains more memories that we originally anticipated, but we are extremely thankful we persevered and did it.
on June 11, 2014
I wanted to surprise my husband for his first Father's Day and create a cute keepsake for him starring our adorable one-month old, so I purchased this.

Pros:
Ink pad works with pressure so you don't have to ink your baby to make a print (baby foot goes on top of back of ink pad which goes on top of paper and, voila, foot print is made)
Can use 4x6 photo paper if you screw up enough times using their paper
Looks really nice when everything is together

Cons:
Not great for newborn handprints. I ended up settling on 2 footprints because the handprints were horrible.
The expressions for the bottom text are pretty lame, but you can probably make your own pretty easily.

Bottom line: All-in-all, it was fine. It was easy to use, but handprints don't work well for itty bitty babies.
on November 30, 2013
I really like this photo frame and have used it as a gift for my parents and in-laws. It is pretty tough to get a baby to flatten their hand to do the hand-print but with the right team working on it, you can get it alright. I usually buy a couple so I can make a bunch at a time, do a couple of the hand and footprints in one sitting, pick the best, copy them on a copier, and then use the copy. I also think they should have a form included so you can put your kids name instead of the standard options but it isn't too hard to guess the right size and just print their name on a piece of paper and then cut it out.
For those wondering how the ink pad can work without getting ink on baby's hand, the ink is on the other side of a thin, saran-wrap-like film that you put against the paper and then push your baby's hand against the clean side of the thin plastic film. It doesn't work as well as if you put the ink on the baby's hand and foot but is much safer and cleaner to do.
on June 28, 2013
This is the second Pearhead Babyprints Photo Frame that I have purchased. I have the same frame for my first daughter. I am excited to have this frame now for my second daughter.

It is VERY stressful trying to get those hand & footprints (especially the hands!). I wish they provided more paper for the prints. We ended up using the front & backs of all of the paper & then having to choose the best prints to use. None of them were perfect! They also need to provide more ink pads. We asked for extra at the hospital & we were glad we had more!

The last thing about this frame that I don't *love* is that the little "sayings" that are provided with the frame are quite cheesy &/or dumb. I just have my first daughter's birth year in the slot. I think I will ask a family friend who is gifted with calligraphy to write both of my daughter's names on paper for the frame. It would be nice if they provided some blank options with the words so you can write your child's name.

All in all, this is a cute frame that will provide you with precious memories of your baby!