5.0 out of 5 stars A sizing chart to help
Women's_8 ________8-9.5 ________9.5-11 _______11+
Euro____36-40 ____40-42 ________42-44 ________44-47 ________47+
Published 17 months ago by S. C. Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars shoe cover
They are of good quality, however no warmer than my cheap pair. Trey are easer to get on and off. By there size chart I should of got a large but I got an extra large and the fit is very tight. They do keep my feet dry. It the temp gets below 30 even with warmers in the shoe my feet get cold after one and a half hours.
Published 2 months ago by Gary Lancaster

5.0 out of 5 stars A sizing chart to help, November 14, 2012
Pearl Izumi Shoe Covers Shoe Cover Sizing
________S ________M ________L________XL ______XXL
Men's___7 ________7-8.5 ________8.5-10 _______10-13 ________13+
Women's_8 ________8-9.5 ________9.5-11 _______11+
Euro____36-40 ____40-42 ________42-44 ________44-47 ________47+

5.0 out of 5 stars Do your feet a favor this winter and get these, + sizing info, October 31, 2011
For years I suffered with only the minimal toe covers during winter rides. I have tried everything from baggies over my toes to lining the toe covers with old pieces of wool. Nothing worked. Then I found these and my cold weather rides are so much more enjoyable and productive with warm feet.

With these covers on and just wearing summer cotton socks, my feet have stayed superbly warm on rides down into the low 30's.

After experimenting on many cold rides now, I've found that my feet stay the warmest just wearing regular cotton socks--warmer even than with thick premium wool socks. I suppose the increased airspace is the reason why this is so because the thicker socks make the shoe tighter. Nevertheless your feet will stay the warmest under these covers by just wearing regular summer socks. Thin winter ones might work as well.

*UPDATE* After several rides in the 20's with blustery conditions, regular socks were allowing my feet to get cold under the covers. I bought some thin pairs of wool socks and have been layering them. Toasty feet again. For road cyclists out in the weather under the 35 degree mark, I recommend chemical help. Grabbers Grabber Performance Toe Heater with Adhesive are good for long +35 F degree rides while the Hothands brand toe warmers HeatMax Toasti Toes Foot Warmer (40 Pairs) are hotter for shorter rides. The Toasti Toes are probably better for most cyclists other than Lance Armstrong because they last (hot) for about 4 hours. If you are out in that weather for longer, you are a pro cyclist and your team payed for your training home closer to the equator.

Construction:

The construction of these covers is top-notch with thick neoprene, extremely tough material on the sole, micro-fleece lining, and premium Velcro. I've only had slight problems with the Velcro loosening during a ride. Taking a few seconds to make sure there is a secure closure when beginning solves this.

Sizing:

I was unable to find the sizing chart for this product; it is neither listed here on Amazon nor on Pearl Izumi's site. I had to just take a guess when I ordered my pair.

The package label says size XL is for shoe 44.5-46. This seems correct since they fit my size 45 road shoes perfectly. I assume that the other sizes would scale accordingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you warm and dry. Simple as that., March 4, 2012
Not much more to add to the other reviews, but I wanted to mention that the Mediums fit my 8.5 US Specialized road shoes perfectly. There is a little squeak to the covers in the ankle flex, but hopefully that'll pass. Honestly, you don't really notice it over the road and wind noise, though.

Just took them out in 35 degree weather on wet/muddy roads and my feet came back warm and perfectly dry. Great deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality--Watch Sizing, January 20, 2013
I've worn these a couple times so far and perform as expected...the kevlar bottom is holding up well under clipping-unclipping abuse so far. Will report back if anything changes after more rides. The materials are all very high-quality.

However, design note--I wear men's size 10 shoes with SPD clips and the Large size is are just barely large enough for me. There's a huge swath of velcro on the back (vertically) which is just barely big enough (horizontally) to stay secure, mainly because it's almost at the edge of the two velcro strips. It's good velcro so it's working so far but I wish that it wrapped more securely around my ankle. If your feet/ankles are bigger than mine then you might want to go for XL to avoid this concern.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, November 20, 2012
Ordered x-large. They fit perfect over my size 11/45.5 Shimano road shoes. Went on a ride that started out around 30 degrees rising to about 40 and they kept my feet perfectly warm. I used some thin wool socks in conjunction with the shoes covers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid shoe cover, June 24, 2013
This spring the snow cleared early, the shoulder of roads were bare and I was anxious to ride. However it was still terribly cold. After researching shoe covers I settled on these PI's. The price was reasonable, the reviews good. The do a great job of keeping your feet warm, especially paired with weather appropriate socks. I rode on days where it was -5 with wool socks and felt comfortable for 50k+, I rode on days where it was 0 to 5 degrees Celsius with summer socks and only started to feel the cold around 30k. They are a bit bulky and the Velcro in the back isn't as sleek as a zipper, but they serve their purpose and I am quite content with them. Fall, winter, spring riding isn't a fashion show, I would rather be warm and get those miles in the legs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good booties, February 3, 2013
These are the best booties I've found yet. Using Shimano road shoes with a single wool sock layer they can keep my feet tolerably warm (ie: not frozen and numb) for about a 1.5 to 2 hour road ride in about 25-30 degree F weather (average speed 18 mph). I'm sure with an extra base sock layer (and maybe some neoprene) they could be good for longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing runs a little small, December 16, 2012
The sizing runs a little small. I used them in 36 degree weather so far. And the keep my feet warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, December 15, 2012
Elizabeth (Woodside, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Item is very stretchy and easy to put over my bike shoe. Velcro at rear held fast. Top of shoe cover fits well on my small ankle. ( I purchased a size SMALL for a Woman's size 7 bike shoe).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great commuter shoe cover, March 5, 2014
I ride a ten mile commute in Seattle most days. The Barrier shoe covers have made my commute considerably more comfortable - it's amazing how much better you feel when your feet are warm and dry.

These covers are easy to pull on and off and the Velcro closure in the back holds tight. The portions of the cover which strap across the sole of your shoe are tough and have stood up to a fair amount of walking without fraying or loosening. I've been using this pair for a year and they are still in great shape. If they ever do wear out, I'll be buying the exact same thing.

ARRAY(0x9cad1588)