4.0 out of 5 stars Fine in the Forties
Published on November 3, 2010 by MotownRock

2.0 out of 5 stars Not big enough for large shoes
Bought the L/XL size at a local store. I have size 47 PI cycling shoes and these barely fit on the shoes. Wore them on a 16 mile ride at about 45 deg. They did their job, but when I got home I found one of them had split along a seam. So, despite being the largest size as far as I am aware, they are not big enough for a size 47 shoe.
Published on October 28, 2012 by Deane Clark

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine in the Forties, November 3, 2010
Combined with a pair of thin, wool socks, these do a great job of keeping my feet warm enough down to about 40 degrees. Below that, I need a more substantial booty that gives full coverage. Easy on an off, and convenient to stow in a jersey pocket if it warms up later in the ride. Provides wind protection and modest insulation. The only negative is that the elastic material on the bottom is not very durable -- especially if you have recessed cleats. Holes wear through the bottoms every season. Probably best for true road shoes with flat bottoms. Even so, for the price, they are worth the 1-2 seasons that I can get out of them before needing to replace them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm!, December 16, 2011
This review is from: Pearl Izumi - Ride Elite Thermal Toe Cover (Sports Apparel)
I really like them. For sizing I got the small/medium and I have a 9.5 shoe size. It was a little snug. If I was going to reorder I would get the bigger size.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not big enough for large shoes, October 28, 2012
Deane Clark (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toe Covers!, March 20, 2013
I love these toe covers. I had never worn toe covers before. My toes are always freezing during bike rides. I really didn't think putting cloth around my shoe would actually keep my feet warmer. I was totally wrong! I don't ever want to take them off during the cold weather. I was worried the small/medium may not fit because I wear a size 10 shoe-however, they fit perfectly. I don't know how I survived without them!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great!, December 7, 2011
These work great. In temperatures around 40 degrees (and with some wool socks on), my toes stayed comfortable on 1 hour long rides (haven't taken them out for longer yet). Without these my toes were completely numb after an hour long ride in the same temperature. I was able to get these onto my size 11 shoes without too much difficulty.

For the price, these can't be beat for keeping your feel warm on cold rides. I would recommend investing in a warm pair of wool socks, too, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit great with SPD cleats and mountain shoes, too; toasty warm, October 4, 2012
Beller Fire (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I can't say enough good things about these. I was worried about fitment since the description recommends these for road shoes, but the Small/Med size fit perfectly snug over my Shimano SPD (mountain bike style) shoes, size 9.5. They keep my toes/feet the perfect temperature on my commute, in fact my feet feel so good in them now, I don't even want to take off my biking shoes when I get to the office, which used to be the very first thing I did. Only used them a few times, but I have no doubts that they will hold up well, the material feels very high quality. The reflective logo is nice too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked as expected!, February 26, 2013
I'm training for a 40-mile bike tour in May & wanted to get out for some real-world riding (the trainer was getting boring). Without these toe covers I was returning home nearly frostbitten on my toes. I tried adding layers, using warmer socks, etc. but nothing worked.

Once I put these babies over my toes my feet were much happier, even with one layer of fitness socks in 35-degree weather!

Followed the advice of another reviewer and bought the L/XL covers for US Men's size 9.5 shoes. They fit perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for added protection from wind chill, November 13, 2012
I wear size 10 US (43 Euro) Pearl iZumi Vagabond R3 road cycling shoe & ordered the L/XL Thermal Toe Covers. I've ridden in cool/windy conditions & these Covers are a noticeable improvement. Small price to pay for added comfort - should've ordered yrs ago. The stitching quality is good & has held up well for initial +100 miles however I do not walk in these shoes - worn only during rides.

These Covers reach just over the middle strap of my shoes & the L/XL fit is appropriate. Snug enough that the Cover molds to the shoe & doesn't move but with enough slack that I can easily roll the top part of the Cover down to expose the shoe's middle strap. This is a key part of the fit I hadn't considered - I can slide shoes on/off just by loosening the top 2 straps which has allowed me to keep the Covers on all Winter as opposed to pulling on/off every time I ride. Nice time-saver.

Overall outstanding value for $ & easy to use with PI road shoes.

3.0 out of 5 stars got one season out of these, December 4, 2013
I purchased these for obvious reasons, keeping my feet warm and dry during my 20 mile commute in DC 4 days a week. They worked as advertised when combined with a thick, warm sock and my specialized shoes. The only reason I gave a lower rating is that they were pretty much destroyed after one season of use. The fabric is pretty thin around the bottom so they just wore out from walking in them. I've got them duct taped at this point to keep them on so yeah, not so cool, but for the price, I'm ok with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping your toes warm, November 12, 2013
I don't even know how many times I've used these now and they have been fantastic for helping to keep my toes warm on cold days. They also help to keep the wind from turning my tootsies into mini popsicles, which is a must when living in a windy city!

Pearl Izumi - Ride Elite Thermal Toe Cover