Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi - Ride Elite Thermal Knee Warmer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 17, 2012
I cycle about 7000 mi a year. Each year I try a different brand of knee warmer. All of them seem to suffer from the same flaw: They ride down. This review is to help you on sizing. I'm 6' 6" tall, 180#. My calf where the bottom of the warmer comes to measures about 15" and my thigh (mid thigh) about 20". I ordered the SMALL size. I wear them under fairly tight cycling shorts, they slip down a little, but stay up for the ride. However, a time or two during a 50 mi. ride I stop and pull them up a bit. Hope this helps. Ride safe.
on October 25, 2012
My husband has trouble with his knees. These knee warmers provide warmth and are pretty comfortable. They do slide down a little, but nothing he says he can't live with. It snowed two days ago and his knees stayed warm. Very important for him.

A recommendation:
Go to the Pearl Izumi website to view their size chart. We were very surprised to discover my husband should order a medium in these knee warmers. He is a pretty big guy. We hesitated, thinking we should go at least large. However, we followed the size chart, and the fit is very good.
on November 23, 2012
Took them for a test ride today. Not only did they stay in place on my thighs and calves, but they actually stood up to 39° weather with very strong ~18mph headwinds, and my knees never got cold. Definitely a good purchase. I should have gotten these years ago.
on December 2, 2013
Love these knee warmers. For the Fall season I had to wake up early to get rides in before work and these help me stay warm in the early morning. very light so I'm able to remove them and carry them in my jersey pocket once my legs are warmed up. I am 5'10" and about 160 lbs and the large fit me perfect. the elastic keeps them from moving or riding up my leg witch is perfect when cycling.
on November 12, 2012
I used them for the first time on a century ride. Initially I was sure about them as there seemed to be some exposed material at the seams which were poking my inner thigh. After a slight adjustment that went away and I didn't feel it again. I love the length of the warmer as I can get them as low as my calves and still be able to tuck them under my bib shorts without the worry of them riding down. Them kept pretty much my whole leg warm throughout this organized ride. I'm planning to pick up another pair.
on February 27, 2014
I really like these leg warmers for sitting activities. No that is not a typo. These will cover all of your thigh and almost to your ankle unless you are closer to 7 foot tall. So this was a bonus for me because I can use them with my knee brace. I have not tried skiing or anything where I would be flexing my legs but I would guess it would stay up as well as my brace-sox. Walking and shovelling snow has not worked so well. To get them to stay up, you have to tape them so tight your legs hurt or use a garter. I use my hockey garter and it works, just was trying to cut down on the layers.

The black band at the top has the rubbery sticky stuff on the outside just like the picture shows, you need to fold it under so it will have some chance of sticking to your leg. I have also had some luck keeping them up without the garter by putting them over my base layer bottoms. Would much rather have them as the first layer but it works better when they are over then things don't get so bunched up.

At the end of the day, I cannot recommend these for anyone that really wants to use them for activities that require a lot of movement. Riding a bike would be impossible. If that is your intent, try a size smaller. but be prepared for tightness where the top and bottom bands are. Or get the right size and plan on picking up a sports garter. These have nice fabric and seem to be well made. Having my knees warmer has really helped the joints deal with arthritis.
on December 5, 2012
I bought these base on a previous purchase, arm warmers. The arm warmers stay up very well, but I'm having problems with the knee warmers. They do their job- keep the knees warm. But the grippers don't hold as well as the older style warmers; they don't grip. They are warm though. It's a pain having to stop every 20 minutes to pull them up.
on October 21, 2013
Really like these knee warmers, they're easy to put on, stay up and keep my legs pretty warm. So far have ridden comfortably down to about 45F and they have been great. They're designed to be worn UNDER your shorts hence the reason the silicone grippers are on the outside, this may be why some people have had difficulty with them staying up.
on March 18, 2015
These knee warmers seen to do what I wanted them to do, though they do wanna slide down after I long ride. The warmers have a gripper strip on the outside of the top which is suppose to grip your tight bike shorts in order to hole them up. My bike shorts are just a little loose in the thighs so this system doesn't work as good as it was planned. I would have rather seen the gripper strip on the inside of the warmers to grip your skin and not your shorts, but maybe that would pull hairs out or something else not comfortable? My next bike short purchase will be for shorts that really fit my thighs tight so I think the system will be improved!!
on December 27, 2012
I found my knees getting a bit sore due to temps. I bought these to warm up the joints. I average 20 miles per ride and have been riding in 35-45 degree weather. Definitely provides an extra bit of warmth and my knees feel much better. You do have to play with these to make sure they don't slip off. Make sure the bottom band is above the round of your calf and hike the top as far up to your crotch as you can go.