5.0 out of 5 stars Another stellar product from Pearl Izumi
Published 18 months ago by Ayumi Deeny

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong proportions
I prefer thermal pants versus these for cycling. I'm 5'-11" 225lbs with large quads. Got the XXL and they are too long and yet also not large enough (diameter) to be comfortable over my quads. I have about 4-6" of extra material that has no place to go so I have to fold it over.
Warmth was alright for 40 degrees. Worn once. May only wear these if I can't find...
Published 1 month ago by Indy runner

5.0 out of 5 stars Another stellar product from Pearl Izumi, August 1, 2013
First off, I'm a lady, but I purchased the men's leg warmers because Pearl Izumi doesn't really make women's cycling accessories (how 'bout you get on that P.I.?). However, anatomical differences aren't really an issue when it comes to accessories, so these leg warmers fit me perfectly. They do run a little small - I'm 5'3"/125lbs, and I was thinking I would need the extra small size, but I'm glad I went with the small. These guys are easy to put on, stay up through strenuous cycling and heavy sweating, and block the wind like no one's business. I've only had they for a few months - I purchased them to do a ride in the Rocky Mountains in June, where it was pretty cold in the morning but became hot as the day went on. We'll see how they hold up, but if they're anything like the rest of P.I.'s products they'll stand the test of time. 10/10, would buy again and recommend to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slides Down a Bit, November 3, 2013
Male, 5'6, 143. Size small warmers. Fits & functions well. However, the grippers allow the warmers to slide a bit even when worn appropriately under my Pearl Izumi shorts. Had to pull one side up while moving. Might be just need to pull them up higher; worst case I'll add a gripper material.

Ankle area has some excess material by design & a zipper to seal out the wind. Reflective logos on the back and sides. Wind barrier/shielding on the calf and knee. Remainder is lyca. Interior is fleece-lined. Cozy at 50*F.

Rolls up easily into back jersey pockets. Can be rolled down if the day warms up.

I would dock .5 stars if possible. Rounding up to 5. Not perfect but very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight Tights, November 7, 2013
Get a larger size than you think. Ordered these for a steal ($13), but in my normal size (L). Had to pass them off to my fiance and size up to the XL. I'm 5'11" 200 lbs 36'" waist, strong legs and arms. I bought them off season at a huge discount, but if you are looking to add some warmth to your legs, they might be worth the higher asking price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great warmth, good quality, March 8, 2014
Old Crank "Frank" (Latham, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I would go 5 stars If I understood why the silicone strip was on the outside and not the inside. (Yes, I had them on inside in.) Took a while to learn that they need to be pulled up far and not stretched out too far or they would fall down. Now I have the hang of it and love 'em.

4.0 out of 5 stars PI Leg Warmers,ProBarrier, February 6, 2013
Nice. Have worn down to 30F with knee warmers over top no problem. Great for me so don't need to wear tights.Good to go here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent leg warmer while cycling, November 28, 2013
This is an excellent product. A few reviewers have noted that they fall down. I haven't personally had that problem while riding, and I usually ride for hours at a time. I've used them in 30 degree (F) temps, and they keep my legs warm while cycling. The zipper at the ankles allow them to have a nice fit. The fabric over the knees is a wind breaker fabric which works great. Haven't had any problem riding in the rain either. There are also reflective elements on the fabric too which helps with visibility. Definitely would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Men's Pro Barrier Leg Warmer (Sports Apparel)
I got these for Christmas this year and wore them for the first time this morning riding to work. They fit great, had no issues with them sliding down or bunching up on me. Temps this morning at 4:30am here in Denver was 25* with a 7mph wind. My legs, and especially my knees, stayed warm the whole ride. I never once felt the need for another layer or wished I get to work quicker to get out of the cold. I'd guess I could get another 10* colder out of these before I started to feel uncomfortable. Great so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent--they are warm and stay up, January 27, 2013
I purchased these to replace a pair I had almost worn transparent. The "Pro" version is definitely an upgrade from the old pair. The big improvement is the way they stay up. Combined with a pair of "Pro" shorts I have cycled for four hours and never had a problem with them slipping. I haven't worn them below 40 so I can't comment on how warm they are in cold weather but they seem really warm.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LEG WARMERS, December 14, 2013
They are NOT CHEAP, I'll give you that.
They are WARM and comfortable.
They don't overheat you and are easy to put and take off.
They sometime start moving and get loose from the top, but beside that, they are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's usually good to go with the size down if you fall ..., January 16, 2015
Make sure to measure your legs and thighs. It's usually good to go with the size down if you fall in between sizes in products like these. I'm 6' and measured out to a Small in these. As for fit, maybe I could have went with a medium. The small comes down to about 4" above my ankle. I was hoping they'd be longer, but wool socks easily solve that problem in the colder months the leg warmer are used. As for warmth, they definitely do their job. Don't expect your legs to be on fire, but they keep the wind off and the heat in once your body temperature goes up while riding.

The only downside to these is that they slide down the thigh while riding. They won't come off or slide out from under your shorts/bibs, but it just gets loose and bunches and I had to stop to fix it once in a while on a 3 hour trail ride. For some reason, Pearl Izumi decided to put the little silicone grips on the outside. Although this sounds ok since you'll have your tights/bibs over them, it doesn't really work as expected. I'd like to try these if they're ever redesigned with the silicone grippers on the inside seam to see if that would help.

Pearl Izumi Men's Pro Barrier Leg Warmer