Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on February 7, 2013
I have three vests that I use. Of the three the strengths of this on is the ventilation on the back. It fits snug in the arms and the front sheds wind and rain. I'm 6'1" 175 lbs and the medium fits close, but well--which I like for running.
on March 4, 2013
This vest works great. I am 6ft tall, 220 lbs with broad shoulders and the XL fits well. I often use this in the early AM, then roll it into my jersey back pocket. I've also used it for down hills after long 4000ft climbs.
I wish the back had more reflective portions, as I ride at night sometimes.
on June 22, 2015
Surprisingly effective. I like this for temps around 60F over a short-sleeve riding jersey, around 50F with a long-sleeve jersey. Makes the difference between cold and comfortable. I ride along the Atlantic coast where temps can vary by 10 degrees over a couple of miles, based on wind direction, and this helps quite a bit in dealing with that.

This vest has a very tight-weave coated fabric on the front that feels water repellant and there's a rubberized storm-flap behind the zipper. The back has a large mesh area and a medium sized pocket that can be used to pack the vest into, which easily fits a phone and snacks. With the zipper all the way up, wind is sealed out. But lowering the zipper creates good flow out through the rear mesh.

Fit is just right for me: standard Pearl Izumi medium, with just enough looseness to add a couple of thin layers under it if needed.
on February 22, 2014
Pearl Izumi products almost always fits me well and this one fits, almost. The bottom just needs to have a couple of inches of more stretch so I can lift it with ease to access my jersey pockets. Also the vest wrinkles very easily after washing. I've only worn and washed it four times so I don't know how well it will wear. It's has been unusually warm since I received the vest.
on December 28, 2014
After having my last Barrier Vest stolen at a event, I needed a replacement. This one is just the perfect amount of wind stopper protection and size when packing it in your rear jersey pocket. The offset zipper is a little odd but Its that way to keep the fob from irritating your neck. PI make some of the best gear you can buy. Its even better when on sales.

I use this in the fall or winter when I need that little bit of wind protection to keep the warmth in. Feels true to size, the arm holes are a little larger than the last one. This is a plus since getting the older version on when riding what a bit of a "Challange".
on December 19, 2014
Outstanding value. Even on 35F days it helps keep me warm enough with a light riding jacket and polypro top with a long-sleeve riding jersey. The best part is that after you get cranking and warm up, it rolls up to a very small volume and fits in your pannier or pocket or daypack easily. The only thing is that I saw a used one on line for half the price and did not get it because it looked wrinkled. Dumb, of course it is going to look wrinkled. I love my wrinkled vest, and buyers should consider used ones too if they want to save a few bucks. And no, I'm not selling mine. I am still riding with my Descent biking jacket I got in 1986 and I expect this vest to half an equally happy life.
on April 13, 2014
Thin material but works well against wind. Easy to pack. Like the offset zipper & back venting. Bought size Large. It fits snug for medium build guy with a 38" waist. Need to ride more to work off the beer belly. Unless I lose some mid-section weight, I'll probably up-size to XL and trade this one to a slimmer riding friend.
on June 22, 2014
The fit of Pearl Izumi clothes is perfect for me. 5'9" 78kg's.
I bought a Medium which is good because it's snug and not too flappy with good length at the back to protect me from road spray in the wet.
It keeps me warm around the chest and neck which is great for a cool morning in Auckland which has a pretty mild climate.
when I warm up I just stuff it in my back pocket quite easily.
on December 1, 2015
I commute in heavy traffic and ride country roads where cyclist are few, I needed something that really stood out in color. This is spot on, I believe I am more visible to motorist Most give a little more leeway when passing me. It also blocks wind quite well to top it off. I commute and in the mornings its been in the mid 30's F I wear layers with a sleeved wind breaker plus the vest I wear over my wind breaker. I am actually warm by the time I arrive at work. I am very happy with this vest.
on June 11, 2014
I ordered this on Amazon b/c it was $40 cheaper than buying in my LBS, but it was the exact same jacket! I don't like wearing long sleeves when I ride b/c I get hot easily, so this is perfect for layering over a s/s jersey. Back pockets hold energy bars, cell phones, keys, small water bottles, etc. and the red is highly visible.