Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 20, 2012
Pearl Izumi Elite Thermal Wool Sock - X-Large

The XL is the right size for up to US 12 feet. These felt rather thin until the toe box area, and the heel is extremely thin. I'm not an expert on designing cycling socks, but these worked very well in 40F ambient temperatures. My feet were getting numb with regular white athletic socks and my Shimano shoes, but with these Elite Thermal Wool Socks, my feet weren't cold at all. The quality and fit is superb, I don't have any complaints about the design or quality. They are comfortable and feel like any Merino/Smart wool sock, just a bit thinner although they helped keep my feet warm during cold morning rides.

UPDATE: I rode in 30 degrees F and these socks did nothing to warm my feet. I didn't have toe covers though. My toes were numb after the ride, so I highly recommend using toe covers for your shoes.

Overall: 5/5 stars
on February 3, 2013
Who cares? Well, us ladies do! Anyway, I went ahead and bought these "Men's" socks because I was looking for some winter cycling socks. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado and want to be able to get out and enjoy the road on those Sunny but not quite warm days.

Of course, I had quite the time trying to find "Women's Winter Cycling Socks". I got a lot of results for fashion leggings and tights... lots of non-cycling related stuff. Perhaps Amazon needs a better search filter?

Now, of course there wasn't a sizing chart for this item, so I had to make an educated guess. I wear a size 7 women's and decided to order a size small. They fit perfect! I took them out for a ride today and I think they definitely helped keep my feet warm. My feet were a little sweaty and damp when I got home and took my socks off, but I never even knew while I was out riding.
on December 6, 2012
Not itchy. Warm. Thick, but not so thick that your foot no longer fits in the shoe. I'd buy again.
on February 10, 2013
I lost my gloves somewhere, but still wanted to ride. It was 5:00 in the morning(dark and very cold). I ended up putting a pair of these socks over my hands and they worked EXCEPTIONALLY well! It was a little hard to use my break though. Anyway, I am impressed. I highly recommend these socks!
on October 4, 2014
These are a nice intermediate sock, between summer weight and all-out ski socks for winter commuting. For the warmth, they're quite thin. I've used them worn inside ski socks for extra warmth and they don't feel too bulky. Plus they're comfortable enough to just wear as regular socks. Plus, since they're just plain black socks at the ankles and above, I can just slip right into my dress shoes in these when I arrive at work.
on November 14, 2014
I just ride for exercise and I usually have to ride early morning or late evening when it is close to 35-45 degrees. My old cotton white sock were just jot cutting it and decide to try these wool sock. I have size 14 foot and ordered two pairs of the x-large. They stretch and fit over my heel,stay up on calf, and don't feel too small or binding. I don't wear biking shoes, just regular Nike cross trainers. I don't even think about my feet or ankles getting chilled like before. Hopefully, with regular use and washing they will last the entire season until spring. Think about getting a few more pairs to wear around the house on chilly mornings on our tile floors.
on January 2, 2013
these work perfectly for cycling in all weather conditions. they wick sweat away from your foot to keep you dry and warm in warmer (60s) and much colder (20s) temperatures. they are thin.

for those who, like me, are new to wool socks: the sensation is a bit strange. they do make your feet feel a little colder than say, a cotton sock. but once your feet start to sweat, they keep your feet warmer than a cotton sock because they wick the water away. i am at a loss to explain how this works, but it is my experience.

these also defy odor buildup, a quality some attribute to the merino wool. they do not smell even after a week of use.

i am considering buying them just to wear around the house. they are awesome.
on February 19, 2015
I got a dozen different thermal sock brands, looking for thinner wool socks to wear in my boots in warmer and cooler weather. Yes, this is a good idea since wool wicks moisture away in warmer weather.

These were my favorite, thin (normal sock thickness, not "thin") enough to wear in dress shoes or tighter boots, still warm but also great to wear under boots in summer/fall to reduce sweaty feet.
on April 17, 2015
these are too long for my feet. (size 56 feet. the heal part extends past my heal onto my achiles a bit) that being said they are very nice thin warm wool socks and very important to me for cycling in cooler weather. i layer them with a base layer sock for temps below 40 degrees and combine with a thick shoe cover as i get cold feet and i never have had a problem since.
on December 19, 2014
love these socks. These socks are great not only for biking but for everyday use when its a bit cooler outside. Here in So Cal they are just about right for weather in the low 60's anything below that and a heavier sock would be recommended. I went out biking in 55 degree weather last week and although my feet were warmer than reg. socks they were a bit cold a few hours later. btw I wear a 9.5 shoe and the large sock fits like a......sock