5.0 out of 5 stars I found them true to size
Published 23 months ago by Stephen J. Vincent

2.0 out of 5 stars did not meet sizing guidelines
Published on June 12, 2011 by Hank

5.0 out of 5 stars I found them true to size, October 15, 2012
Other reviewers felt that these gloves ran small. I went to the Pearl Izumi size chart and measured my hand as they suggested. Then I bought the recommended size and one size larger. The recommended size fit snugly, but it was comfortable. The gloves one size larger wrinkled in my palm and I sent them back. I would suggest that you use the size chart to guide your purchase. You can find it on the manufacturer's web page, or do a web search for "pearl izumi size chart".

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and comfortable, July 15, 2012
Christopher Baskind (Pensacola, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Men's Select Glove (Apparel)
At any given time, I usually have three or four pairs of gloves. All of mine are Pearl Izumi.

These are durable summer-weight gloves. There's enough padding to reduce road buzz and make leaning on you brake hoods painless, but not so much that you feel you're wearing mittens. They're well-sewn, too. My non-Pearl gloves used to fail when the palm came apart. My Pearls last until the back of the glove gets thin with use. That's a lot of miles.

SIZE UP. I always buy the XXLs, and I don't have a particularly broad hand.

Don't be afraid of the screaming yellow color. Yeah, they show dirt a bit. But they're very visible on the road, and you want drivers to notice your directional signals.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to wear them all the time!, April 26, 2011
Immediate reaction to these gloves was "hmm... the quality seems a bit on the lower side". HOWEVER... I quickly considered that these things are going to be getting sweaty, dirty, and roughed up, and I don't even want something i'm going to have to feel bad about replacing. (THINK OF AN ESCALADE OR CADILLAC GOING OFFROADING)

VERDICT: With these gloves, you definitely get what you pay for. AWESOME biking gloves... Great ventilation and the easy off tab is a great addition.

I Just used these gloves for the first time yesterday on a 12 mile ride and they were more than great.
The cushioning does indeed feel more like foam, but it's a great feel. I have no complaints. It most definitely does its job in every way. The cushioning was the main reason for buying ANY type of biking gloves because I plan on doing some long long rides this summer and I have no doubts that these will be the perfect candidate.

For size inquiries:
I purchased an XL. I am 6'3" and about 165 lbs. My palm is just shy of the size of a Compact Disc. Hopefully this helps someone.

I am completely satisfied with these gloves, and would not hesitate to buy them again when (if) they become unwearable.

(UPDATE 03 JUNE 2013): I'm still using the same pair of gloves! I have not washed them at all yet so I can't comment on shrinking or anything but they are still holding up perfectly. And if and when they ever become unwearable, I am DEFINITELY still buying the same pair again. Maybe I'll go with a different color but that's the only change. I have found that usually the Velcro around the wrist part comes unattached from each other and thus do not stay "hooked" together around my wrist. I am not complaining about this at all; the gloves have never threatened to come off my hands. I move my wrists a lot when biking so that's probably why. MAYBE if they were a hair bigger they MIGHT stay hooked better but it's really not an issue. GREAT GLOVES!

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually reduces hand numbness, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Men's Select Glove (Apparel)
As with all products I have purchases from Pearl Izumi, these gloves are of solid construction. I found them true to size.

When I first put them on, I was surprised to find that the gel padding is not on the bottom-center of the palm as I expected, but off to the sides. Still, I have used them for some 40 mile plus rides and experienced no hand numbness, so I guess the designers knew what they were doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Comfortable, May 22, 2010
Shawn D. Berkstresser (Slippery Rock, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
Fit good, easy on, not too bad to take off. Definitely helps with numbing of hands during long rides. I find that my hands are much more comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality - go up one size and you'll love 'em, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Men's Select Glove (Apparel)
I purchased these after reading the reviews on the predecessor model. I have worn these 4 times now and they have worked out great. I think the pads are correctly positioned and of sufficent thickness. I certainly experience less "numbness" on my rides than I did with my outdated set. I like the fact that the velcro closure ends up on the underside of your wrist and is actually quite small but does the job. The "top" material breathes well and the glove is easily removed even after sweating. I would caution that you probably want to go up one size from what you are used to unless you have purchased this brand before. I actually wish they had these in a greater variety of colors as I plan to buy another set.

2.0 out of 5 stars did not meet sizing guidelines, June 12, 2011
Hank "Deep Space Researcher" (Pasadena, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The size of the pearl izumi gloves I ordered were based upon the sizing guidelines suggested (measuring around the knuckles of the hands). I faithfully measured and found that it corresponded to a size 7 which corresponded to a small size. I ordered the small size and found it to be too small. It fits but is difficult to get off without significant contortions of the hand (if the glove fits,....) And,it restricts my circulation while riding as I feel numb after rides. I am disappointed with this purchase. I'm still hopeful it might expand with use but I am currently using an old pair which is heavily worn because it is so much more comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., January 23, 2011
Great Gloves. You might consider one size up, if your hands are in that almost, should I size up, range. I am normally a large and went with the XL. There perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves for the price! Order one size up to be safe !, January 11, 2013
I'm a white male with an athletic build.
6'0 at 170 lbs. Normally I wear a large in any type of gloves (Road racing, dirt bike riding, etc)
I ordered the XL in these gloves and they fit perfect!

Ordering one size up is recommended.
They fit, feel, and look great! For the price, can't be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like them - work great, December 8, 2012
They seem to work great - and I'm enjoying them. At 71 I need all the help I can get. They seem to dampen the road vibrations.

Pearl Izumi Men's Select Glove