Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on July 15, 2012
At any given time, I usually have three or four pairs of gloves. All of mine are Pearl Izumi.

These are durable summer-weight gloves. There's enough padding to reduce road buzz and make leaning on you brake hoods painless, but not so much that you feel you're wearing mittens. They're well-sewn, too. My non-Pearl gloves used to fail when the palm came apart. My Pearls last until the back of the glove gets thin with use. That's a lot of miles.

SIZE UP. I always buy the XXLs, and I don't have a particularly broad hand.

Don't be afraid of the screaming yellow color. Yeah, they show dirt a bit. But they're very visible on the road, and you want drivers to notice your directional signals.
on April 13, 2013
As with all products I have purchases from Pearl Izumi, these gloves are of solid construction. I found them true to size.

When I first put them on, I was surprised to find that the gel padding is not on the bottom-center of the palm as I expected, but off to the sides. Still, I have used them for some 40 mile plus rides and experienced no hand numbness, so I guess the designers knew what they were doing.
on April 26, 2011
Immediate reaction to these gloves was "hmm... the quality seems a bit on the lower side". HOWEVER... I quickly considered that these things are going to be getting sweaty, dirty, and roughed up, and I don't even want something i'm going to have to feel bad about replacing. (THINK OF AN ESCALADE OR CADILLAC GOING OFFROADING)

VERDICT: With these gloves, you definitely get what you pay for. AWESOME biking gloves... Great ventilation and the easy off tab is a great addition.

I Just used these gloves for the first time yesterday on a 12 mile ride and they were more than great.
The cushioning does indeed feel more like foam, but it's a great feel. I have no complaints. It most definitely does its job in every way. The cushioning was the main reason for buying ANY type of biking gloves because I plan on doing some long long rides this summer and I have no doubts that these will be the perfect candidate.

For size inquiries:
I purchased an XL. I am 6'3" and about 165 lbs. My palm is just shy of the size of a Compact Disc. Hopefully this helps someone.

I am completely satisfied with these gloves, and would not hesitate to buy them again when (if) they become unwearable.

(UPDATE 03 JUNE 2013): I'm still using the same pair of gloves! I have not washed them at all yet so I can't comment on shrinking or anything but they are still holding up perfectly. And if and when they ever become unwearable, I am DEFINITELY still buying the same pair again. Maybe I'll go with a different color but that's the only change. I have found that usually the Velcro around the wrist part comes unattached from each other and thus do not stay "hooked" together around my wrist. I am not complaining about this at all; the gloves have never threatened to come off my hands. I move my wrists a lot when biking so that's probably why. MAYBE if they were a hair bigger they MIGHT stay hooked better but it's really not an issue. GREAT GLOVES!
22 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2012
I purchased these after reading the reviews on the predecessor model. I have worn these 4 times now and they have worked out great. I think the pads are correctly positioned and of sufficent thickness. I certainly experience less "numbness" on my rides than I did with my outdated set. I like the fact that the velcro closure ends up on the underside of your wrist and is actually quite small but does the job. The "top" material breathes well and the glove is easily removed even after sweating. I would caution that you probably want to go up one size from what you are used to unless you have purchased this brand before. I actually wish they had these in a greater variety of colors as I plan to buy another set.
on May 22, 2010
Fit good, easy on, not too bad to take off. Definitely helps with numbing of hands during long rides. I find that my hands are much more comfortable.
on June 12, 2011
The size of the pearl izumi gloves I ordered were based upon the sizing guidelines suggested (measuring around the knuckles of the hands). I faithfully measured and found that it corresponded to a size 7 which corresponded to a small size. I ordered the small size and found it to be too small. It fits but is difficult to get off without significant contortions of the hand (if the glove fits,....) And,it restricts my circulation while riding as I feel numb after rides. I am disappointed with this purchase. I'm still hopeful it might expand with use but I am currently using an old pair which is heavily worn because it is so much more comfortable.
on January 23, 2011
Great Gloves. You might consider one size up, if your hands are in that almost, should I size up, range. I am normally a large and went with the XL. There perfect.
on July 24, 2011
Things I like about this glove -
1) Excellent workmanship
2) Well placed padding
3) I really like the glove closure strap on the "palm side" of the wrist
4) Very light weight

Things that could be better
1) I would prefer more padding

General thoughts
1) The glove does run a bit small - For a golf glove, I wear a "med-large" and for this glove a "large" is nicely snug - so maybe half size small...
2) I would buy another pair...
I bought these gloves for use whilst I go on bike rides using my "hybrid" bike, on "geocaching" adventures. The fingerless style is good, because I need to be able to push the buttons on my bike-mounted GPS. I didn't need a super-heavy duty glove--just something medium-duty. And this product fit the bill. I thought they really looked nice too, but that's not what I really bought them for. Well, it doesn't hurt to look good while I'm riding.

The fit was as expected--no complaints there. I have large (but not gigantor size) hands, and the large size fit well--perhaps a tiny bit snug, but not too much. (I'm about 6 feet, 170.) Not sure why others complained about the fit; I thought it was just about right. A few other reviewers have suggested ordering one-size up; I suppose if you are a bigger than average man, the XL would definitely be the right way to go.

The ventilation is fine, and my hands have not gotten overly sweaty on my all-day rides. My hands do not get numb at all, and this is over a 9 hour ride.

I've had them about 10 months, and they seem to be lasting just fine. Some wear, but I don't expect them to last forever. I like the way the "easy off" tab fastener works; it's never failed once.

Recommend--no problems, no issues, good price!
on November 10, 2015
Writing about these gloves after 1 year, I have to say these gloves are the perfect fit for anyone, cyclist or other. 6', 2" with extra large hands, the XXL is a good fit for me. Always out in the sun, never washed, they've loosened some around the fingers, but still firmly fit the inside of my hand. These aren't meant to be worn B-Boy baggy or skateboarder skinny jeans style. Needing an extra loose or tight fit would indicate an improperly fitted glove. Hence the shortened life span I noticed someone complaining about. Loving nearly all things from Japan, I originally purchased these because of the name "Izumi", which made me think these were made in Japan. Yet to my surprise, they're made in Vietnam with exceptional quality. Company is based in Germany with the name "Shimano". Turns out, Shimano is a multinational cycling company with headquarters in Osaka. But without knowing this, I still purchased the gloves and they've turned out to be the best gloves I've ever wore. Had these for more than a year and the stitching and material has held up under normal conditions. I once saw someone complaining about the padding, but some people are prone to easily getting calluses on their hands, especially if the hands aren't used much. But the padding is more than enough, especially for the average "blue collar" worker. Also, saw someone complain about the lifespan of these gloves. I've purchased $80 cold weather gloves once, and they didn't last for more than a few months. Saying these gloves only lasted for a year, alone says allot about the quality and craftsmanship. These gloves are made to perfection, and I would recommend these over any other brand, because without bias, Japan and Germany are the world leaders in quality and manufacturing of products.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image