4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, down to about 40 degrees
I commute in Seattle, and these gloves have done the trick for me.

For sizing, I found Medium to work pretty well (maybe they're a tad big for me, but fine). Not sure how you should decide your size, but I'm a size 11 shoe and I consider my hands to be regular sized for a guy who is 6'1". If you're on the fence, order the smaller one.

When the...
Published 21 months ago by Scott T

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but...
Published on September 27, 2012 by Student Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but..., September 27, 2012
These gloves are very comfortable, and fit well. The coldest weather I've had them out in, thus far, was 37 degrees F and about 90% relative humidity, and they performed decently under those conditions. This was only about a 2 mile ride to school, though. I can't imagine they would do as well for anything 5 miles + when it is that cold, but I don't think that's really their intended use.

The main drawback is that they don't have any velcro on the wrist to hold them in place. Since they have a close fit, I've dealt with this by wearing a pair of mesh gloves with velcro wrists over them. Doing this holds them in place just fine, but it covers the reflectors on the outside of the hand.

Overall, for the price, this shortcoming didn't dissuade me, and if money is any issue, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker. However, if you're willing to pay a bit more, I imagine you could get something that doesn't overlook this crucial feature in a cycling glove.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, down to about 40 degrees, January 29, 2013
I commute in Seattle, and these gloves have done the trick for me.

When the temperature drops below 40 degrees, these go from comfortable to COLD for me. I really notice it from 40F (which feels crisp, but good) to 35F (which feels numb).

They're not wind proof, but they do a nice job in all weather conditions down to 40 degrees.

Cheers~

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but how durable?, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Men's Thermal Lite Glove (Apparel)
These gloves are great, especially for the price. Here's what I like:
- Fit matches the sizing;
- They are thin and fit snugly, so there's still good feel, and not bunching up;
- They are nearly wind-proof, even at 30 mph, so my hands stay warm;
- They have some thin, rubberized grips on the thumb, index, and middle fingers.

I needed some gloves for cool-weather road-biking and these fit my needs. There is ZERO padding in these gloves, so don't expect pads. I didn't want padding, just protection from cold, and that's what I got.

They are thin and do not look like they would withstand much abuse, so I'm waiting to put them on until I'm on the bike, ready to go, and taking them off as soon as I'm done. So far, so good.

UPDATE: After several months of use, they are still good, but one of the cuffs is unraveling. If you look at the zoomed view, you'll see the cuff trim. Well, mine had loose threads. I tried to pull one off, which was my mistake. It began the unraveling process, and now, half the cuff trim is hanging loose.

Additionally, the gloves are showing some wear all over. They still feel really good, but I don't think they will last very long, maybe a year?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Fall/Spring Biking Glove, November 20, 2012
Great glove for windy/cold conditions. Not padded or tight; these need to be worn with conventional fingerless biking gloves. Excellent control/flexibility, and do a great job of keeping out wind. No insulation on the interior (as advertised). I wash these in the sink with hand soap and they hang dry quickly.

2.0 out of 5 stars I liked them until all of the grips came off, March 26, 2013
MAC (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
I have had these gloves for less than 2 weeks and the grips on the right hand glove are almost completely gone. I haven't used these for any activities that would explain the unusual wear. The left hand glove still looks OK so I think you might be able to get lucky and get a set that doesn't fall apart but I won't be buying another pair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, October 18, 2013
I'm not sure what makes an article of clothing qualify as thermal, but these gloves are more lite than thermal. Anything colder than 50 would require something warmer. The other thing I don't like about these gloves is that there is no grip in the palm, and the grips on the fingers don't do much in terms of keeping my hands in place. So my preferred hand position causes my hands to slip if I don't grip the handlebars tighter than I'm used to. All in all, I'm disappointed with these gloves and will look for another pair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, November 13, 2012
Nothing thermal about these gloves. I am freezing! I think thermal lite is meant to be used at 10 C and above.

1.0 out of 5 stars Started falling apart within 48 hours, November 30, 2012
Within 48 hours of these gloves arriving, I noticed part of the grip on the inside fingers were already coming up which made it possible to see the skin of my hand. This was my second run with these gloves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy on the "lite", light on the "thermal", August 21, 2014
These are comfortable, and adequate in chilly fall or spring weather. They don't live up to my other Perl Izumi clothes, though.

These gloves do provide a solid grip on the handlebars, but the conductive finger tips don't seem to be particularly conductive. They also provide little in the way of insulation, mostly just protecting from wind chill on your hands. That's plenty for a daytime ride in the late fall or early spring around here, but don't think you're getting gloves for a winter morning commute.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Thin, Very Tight, October 31, 2013
These gloves are not stand alone gloves. They are liners, and thin liners at that. They wont stop any wind, wont provide enough warmth on their own, and are kind of hard to get on. The finger lengths are a good fit, but the wrist opening is so small that its pretty tough to get them on your hands. The grippies on the fingers do not work on touchscreens (no one said they would, but I was hoping). I intended to use these under other gloves to bike in colder weather, but my skiing thermals are much better and I'll stick to those instead.

Pearl Izumi Men's Thermal Lite Glove