I was somewhat apprehensive about how they would manage to stay up, but I had seen lance Armstrong use them and his appeared to stay up, so I knew mine would work just fine and they do. They all provide the additional warmth of a long sleeve shirt which can be removed once it begins to warm up on the trail and they pack easily in my bag under my seat.
Published 9 months ago by Michael L Thompson

2.0 out of 5 stars Fitting is loose
Published on August 8, 2011 by S. Au

2.0 out of 5 stars Fitting is loose, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Pro Leader Arm Warmer (Sports Apparel)
The overall width of Pro Leader warmers are much wider than my same size medium Therma Fleece. When I put on, the Pro Leaders are loose instead of form fitting. The upper arm fits nice and tight, the lower arm is way too loose. The wrist opening is also way to big. Now I wonder if it's because Pro Leader supposed to have that "curved" shape, but still the pattern should be form fit enough so they're not all wrinkled on my arm. I paid about $20 more on the Pro Leader, but they don't even fit as nice as my therma fleece. I have to say I'm disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fit is off, April 15, 2011
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Pro Leader Arm Warmer (Sports Apparel)
I have the Pearl Izumi thermal lite arm warmers and the medium size fits me well. I thought a medium Pro Leader would fit but they turned out to be too large. I ordered the small and the upper arms fits nice and snug but the lower part has a loose fit especially around the wrist. I foresee cold air easily blowing into this part, which would defeat the reason to wear these. It's a little long too and I don't have short arms. Overall it's a weird fit for me and I'm going to return them even if they are a deal on amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly poor fit and not exactly 'warm' though they look fashionable, September 13, 2012
Length:: 4:16 Mins

This is a simple video to show how these arm warmers fit. As is stated in other reviews, the fit just 'isn't right' with the forearms being a little loose and upper arms a little tight. Here you can see what this looks like.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only for people with Popeye arms., July 16, 2013
Tšn (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I wouldn't recommend the Pro Leader Arm warmers unless you're Popeye the sailor man. Meaning it's for people who have larger forearms than they do biceps. For whatever reason, Pearl Izumi constructed these completely backwards. There's a ton of material and room from wrist to forearm, but it's tight around the biceps. There's so much room in fact that the material is loose and just flapping about around the forearms. If you were to go riding they'd act as air intakes.

Anyhow, they should fit snugly all the way up the arm. I have other sets of the Pearl Izumi warmers and none of them are cut like these Pro Leaders. Go with the Pro Barriers or the Elite Thermals (my favorite Izumi arm warmers). At least they're cut anatomically correct. It's a shame because I like the color way and material one these. Needless to say, they are being returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars I use these primarily in the spring and fall and they work very well, February 27, 2014
Michael L Thompson (West Des Moines, Iowa USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive across the board, February 21, 2014
I got these on a whim and because they were under $10. I was tired of wearing a full long-sleeve under-armour shirt under my pro-fit PI jerseys, so I figured that arm warmers would be the way to go.

I pair these with one of my 2 pro-fit jerseys from PI every time I ride in cooler weather, and so far as function is concerned they do exactly what I got them for. They keep my arms warm in the wind but keep me from getting too hot when pushing harder. They do an impressive job of blocking wind, and I really enjoy them for this.

The design is a bit of hit and miss:

- The fit is interesting. They are perfect and tight on my biceps and through about half my forearm. From there down they are a bit loose, but not as bad as some pictures I've seen... though I have larger wrists than most people. Interesting choice... but it doesn't really bother me too much.

- The material on the upper part of the arm is not quite the same as that of the material on my PI pro speed jerseys, it is a bit more coarse, but still comfortable and conforming.

- The black part seems almost gray IMHO, but only next to my black jersey.

-The white is... off white at best. I was a bit put off by this, but in all honesty it's not a deal breaker.

-The grippers on the top are awesome, and work perfectly keeping my sleeves in place. No problems there at all.

-The seams aren't too bad, and work pretty well at not creating creases all over my arms.

- The reflective parts aren't too noticeable, though I have some experience with them coming off on my other PI gear, so I'm not too excited to have them here again.

All in all: I would buy them again for the price, but they aren't worth full retail. The design is a bit iffy in my opinion, but they function which is their real purpose anyways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect high quality warmers, fair Amazon price, Prime 2 day delivery., February 9, 2014
These provide warmth without bulk. Easily removed and stored if weather or activity warms up. Must be careful not to wash with fabric softeners. Otherwise, flawless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, December 6, 2013
Forearm section is thermal with reflective graphics, upper arm is a textured weave for wicking. Good fit, rubber edging at top to keep jersey sleeves from gapping.

3.0 out of 5 stars They're ok, October 24, 2013
These are ok, they just have too many seams which aren't very comfortable. I wish the material was more stretchy.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for the price but...., September 21, 2013
These are good for the price but I am going to split the elastic at the top so they don't cut off circulation. I imagine if I ordered one size up the top would be comfortable, however as it is these are loose around the forearms and wrist. I would think that if I went up a size I would end up with wind blowing up my arms...which defeats the purpose.
I'm not going to return them because I need them this week but I will probably be looking for others so I have something more comfortable to wear.
I am a 6" wrist and 11" (flexed) upper arm and ordered the x-small.

Pearl Izumi Pro Leader Arm Warmer