Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Men's Select Thermal Cycling Tight
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 20, 2012
Pearl Izumi Select Thermal Cycling Tights, Medium

I normally wear size Medium cycling shorts, as my waist is about 34" and my inseam is also 34". These Medium tights are a perfect fit, with only some minor material bunching at my knees. I guess I am to blame for that because my calves aren't monster-sized but my quads are getting bulkier due to cycling.

I balked at the price of these entry-level tights, but after more than a month of riding in the low 40s with nothing but cycling shorts, I bought a pair of these tights and have never looked back. They really kept my legs warm without overheating them, and they are extremely comfortable. The leggings end up lower on my ankles to provide some overlap with shoe covers or shoes to reduce windchill on the ankles. There are zips at the ankles to allow easier ingress/egress out of the tights. There's also a draw string for the waist band although I did not have to use it.

The chamois padding is just as good as Pearl Izumi's Select cycling jersey chamois. I don't have any complaints. The overall quality was very good considering these are Pearl Izumi's "entry-level" clothing line.

Overall: 5/5 stars, kept me warm at 40 degrees.
on January 28, 2013
This keeps me warm! I use these pants thru 30F weather living in Cali and are perfect! So comfy! I normally wear size 34 pants with medium to large leg girth, and inseam of 30" and I'm 5'9 195lbs and these pants size large fit great but just a tad bit long for me. I'd say if you have a 33 inseam then these pants would fit just about right. So i do have these extra folds down my ankles but I can barely see or notice them and in no way hindering my performance.
on November 22, 2012
As the Michigan weather gets cooler, I've been buying long-sleeve jerseys, base layers and a few different tights. These are the best piece of riding gear I own. Comfortable in 55 degree weather, but keep my legs warm enough down to 35-40 degrees. Good construction, excellent fit.
on March 22, 2014
In general, Pearl Izumi makes good quality gear, especially if you buy the higher quality stuff. These tights are no exception. For cold weather riding these are great. Also, at slightly warmer temps you don't get overly hot. You can start out in the morning when it is cold and not worry about overheating too badly as it warms up. Nice zippers on the ankles allow easy on and off. I am 6 ft tall and weight around 180-185. Large is a good size for me.
on May 2, 2013
I decided to give this a try after experiencing my knees hurting on my rides. I try to ride for at least an hour each day and it is mostly hill work, usually 20-30kms each day. My knees would hurt on cold days so I thought it was a good time to buy a thermal tight to see if it would help. Well, after two rides in sub 10 degree Celsius ( below 50 degrees Fahrenheit) temperatures I am happy to report that it works as advertised. No knee pain either day. The fit is as advertises as well. I am 79kgs, 174cms tall (175 lbs, 5' 8 1/2 " and a medium fits me perfectly. Definitely would purchase another one. Oh, yes, it is autumn where I live in the southern hemisphere.
on September 26, 2013
These fit me way better than the "elite" thermal tights. I had to return those. After getting these on they felt good, snug but not super tight. There wasn't any bunching like the "elite" version. Kept me real warm on the 35 mile ride I did yesterday with temps in the 60's. Almost too warm. I probably could have gone with my normal cycling shorts, but I wanted to use these. I am 6' 165 lbs and I ordered the medium which fit good.
on September 2, 2014
Excellent product. Keeps cool and wicks off moisture. Snug fit true to size. Padding is good and worth the extra investment. Length is proper for 32 waist 30 inseam. Love the slits at the bottom for putting on and off. Will buy again. Price is steep but got to have the extra seat padding for serious biking. Will buy again. I like the Izumi product line and this one is lifetime warranty. I use in San Francisco Bay area.
I’m a huge fan of the Pearl Izumi line. I recently purchased this thermal cycling tight to allow for cold weather riding. I use these over a base layer and have ridden in weather with wind chills below 32 degrees. Personally, I don’t recommend riding in that frigid of weather, but if you have to, I’m here to report that while my face and feet were freezing and in pain, my lower extremities were not. These thermal tights are really amazing.

As is typical with Pearl Izumi, you get what you pay for. These tights are expensive, but the fit, construction, and performance are all excellent.

I highly recommend to any and all riders, if you’re going to be riding in cooler weather, spend the money and purchase a quality pair of riding tights. You don’t need to look around any longer; these will do just fine!
on December 5, 2014
I live in Oklahoma and am an avid cyclist. I had been using leg warmers but as the weather started getting colder, I have been wearing these. I have used these on 1.5 hr bike rides in weather from 28 degrees to about 55 degrees Fahrenheit. They have kept me pretty warm. I will say that riding at 28 degrees was pushing it a bit and I was starting to feel a bit chilled toward the end of the ride and might have preferred something warmer.
on January 8, 2015
I have both the short and full length cycling pants. I rate the shorts five stars. The fit on the long pants could be a little better. Overall I can't complain. They've kept me comfortably warm down to the upper 30s, but I'm not sure they are warm enough below that temperature. I wore them today on a short 9-mile ride in the mid-20s and my legs were cold.