Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Men's Sun Sleeves, White, Medium
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 10, 2012
I'm 6'6", 185 lbs, and upper arm relaxed is 11 1/2" so I ordered the white medium size. I cycle about 7,500 miles a year. The med. size stays up nicely. With long arms I could use another 2 to 3 inches in length, but for most I'm sure they'd be just right in length. They work super on warm days cycling as you sweat the evaporation makes for a cooling effect, and on cool mornings they add warmth like a thin arm warmer. I like them so well I'm buying a second set for hiking in the desert. I've only worn these 5 or 6 times, so I don't know how they will hold up over time. I had a cheap Knock off pair made in China which did NOT have the cooling effect these do, nor were they warm on cool mornings, so I'm quite pleased.
on May 23, 2012
I am out on the field in the sun for more than 6 hours every Saturday playing cricket. I wanted something to save me from the sun and this item is a Godsend. As soon as i put it on, my arms were cooler than rest of my body. I don't know how it works, but it works great. Saved my skin from sun-burns and excessive tan too.
Great item, must buy!
on May 29, 2013
I love Pearl Izumi long sleeve (in-R-cool) summer jerseys, but they are friggin expensive. I have plenty of short sleeve jerseys and adding these to the arms for sun protection is just the ticket. I prefer this over lathering my arms with sun screen.

Fitment is a puzzle to me. If I wear Large shirts, should I buy Large sleeves? I don't know! After reading the reviews, I ordered medium. I am 6'0", 185lb. The medium sleeves are a good length. Every short sleeve jersey or T-shirt will cover the proximal end of the sunsleeve. My only complaint is that these feel a little tight and I don't have the biggest guns. Maybe they are supposed to be like compression wear in that respect because that's how they feel. I will probably end up buying another pair in medium just to have a clean pair on hand and certainly don't want sleeves too long if I chance a Large size.

Otherwise, the material quality and stitching is very high quality. Highly recommended.

Edit: I ordered another pair. As I was putting it on for the first time, I noticed a small hole at the stitching on the cuff. Not good since the material is so thin. Definitely check your sleeves' stitching on both ends. I would have returned it but I already cut off the tags. Put a few stitches in by hand so hopefully that will hold--left to it's own devices, the hole would only get worse.
on August 14, 2012
I was super worried this would be too big but I'm 5'2 and 118lbs and size Small was just right- not too big. I've road without these and then with these and they make a huge difference on those super hot days! Not really sure why more people don't wear them.
on July 1, 2013
I purchased these sun sleeves prior to riding a Century (100 miles) this weekend, which took about 6 hours. I'm a fan of PI gear - I wore my Elite In-R-Cool bibs and Elite Ltd. jersey as well. We had overcast skies for the first 2 hours, but when the sun came out I put on the sun sleeves and kept them on for the remainder of the ride. They breath well, and feel cool especially when you squirt some water on the fabric! I did get sun on my arms - they aren't opaque. But they did take the place of sun screen and did a good job. FYI, the white color shows sweat and dirt stains very easily. Used a bit of Simple Green on them before laundering, now they're white again.
on September 18, 2012
I use these for all outdoor activities. The sleeves take even the slightest breeze and cools the arms tremendously! Other reviewers said their arms were the coolest part of their body, and they aren't kidding - these sleeves protect against the sun and keep me cool.

Go to the Pearl Izumi web site to their sizing chart to confirm the size you need. I am 6'4" 185 lbs, 25 inches from shoulder to wrist (arm at a 90-degree angle), and 15-inch biceps. The sleeves are a little long so maybe a Medium would have been better. I even have enough room to fold over the upper elastic band; they are a little more comfortable that way. My arm length is in the Large size but everything else was Medium. If you're in between sizes like I am, you may want to go with the smaller size.

These sleeves are great!
on July 7, 2012
It works! You don't need to apply sunscreen on your hands anymore. When you ride on a hot day sunscreen prevents sweat from evaporation. So you aren't cooling fast enough.
With these strange looking things your sweat moves away very fast. It's very thin. Also white ones work as a mirror reflecting sun radiation. So you'll take less infrared (i.e. you'll be cooler).
Must have for southern lands bikers.
on April 25, 2014
My husband is an avid cyclist, I'm an occasional cyclist, but this product has made both of our lives easier and our rides more pleasant and safer. The sleeves offer good protection from the sun (I know roadies are proud of their tan lines, but remember melanoma?...), a cool sensation on hot days and a bit of warmth on cool days - I know it sounds like a contradiction, but it actually works, especially with the white sleeves. So much better than wearing sun screen or long sleeves when it's too hot for them.

They're very stretchy and will stay put for hours, and they feel very comfortable; they're good quality, have durable stitches and wear well - I washed ours dozens of times and they still look like new. I'm 5'2", hubby is 5'7", both with lean-medium frames, and S fits the both of us. Needless to say, they're not "men only", women can wear them successfully, too. Highly recommended.
on July 4, 2014
These do work, as long as you are moving. The tops of the sleeves are thick enough to keep the sun from burning your skin. They soak up your sweat and your natural bicycling headwind evaporates it to cool you. The bottoms are vented to suck heat out the back as you move forward. Note that this evaporation and heat venting works well when you are moving at a normal bicycling speed; but performance drops off sharply when you stop (though this is still better than getting sun burnt). I'm comfortable with these in temperatures up to the low 90s, which is about as hot as it gets around here.

Don't know how they do it, but the white color doesn't seem to stain (I do hand wash in cold water after every ride). These have plenty of stretch, so they stay in place and don't bind.
on September 26, 2014
Purchased these for hot weather biking. I ride about 200 miles per week. They do work for sun shade but they get really HOT and soak up sweat. Once they are saturated with sweat they get really heavy. I usually end up just taking them off so I can stay cool. Then I have these really nasty, heavy (even after trying to ring out the sweat) stuck in my jersey pockets. Yuck.

The ones I found that work the best are CEP Arm Coolers. They are a lighter fabric than the Pearl Izumis and don't soak up the sweat. They actually do give a cooling effect like putting menthol on skin. I was actually surprised at how well they worked the first time I used them. I own at least 5 pairs of the Perl Izumis. I now own 6-7 pairs of the CEP Arm Coolers. I own a few other brands I have picked up over the years. The CEP seem to work the best for biking in hot weather.