5.0 out of 5 stars Highly functional, versatile winter cycling gloves
I bought three pair of cold weather cycling gloves from Amazon: the Pearl iZUMi Women's Barrier Glove, the Pearl Izumi Women's Pro Softshell Glove, and the Pearl Izumi Women's Cyclone Gel Glove. I could not tell much difference between them online so I am reviewing all three together for anyone who is trying to decide which ones are best for them.

The Pearl...
Published 13 months ago by casey coleman

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
These keep my hands warm with the cool north winds when riding, but are more for short rides like 15miles or less. I prefer more padding for longer rides.
Published on November 8, 2012 by java123

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly functional, versatile winter cycling gloves, December 8, 2013

The Pearl Izumi Women's Cyclone Gel Glove is the most lightweight. I will probably wear this pair the most, because they are thinner and it is easier to grip the handlbars, shift, brake, etc. They are warm, though. They have a waterproof Softshell layer on the back of the hand (all three are waterproof). The palm is sort of a suede-type material. Even though these are the thinnest, I am sure they will be warm for cold or damp conditions down into the low 40's or high 30's.

The other two pair are more insulated. The Barrier glove has a leather palm and an elasticized cuff. They look like ski gloves; in fact, I'm sure I could wear them to ski. The Pro Softshell glove is from Pearl Izumi's Pro line so theoretically they are the top of the line, costing $75 when I bought them, versus $70 for the Barrier glove. I cannot really tell much difference between the two in terms of warmth, comfort, or functionality. I am sure that both pair will be fine for the coldest riding I care to do! They are a little bulky but overall comfortable and functional.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, November 8, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but decent for Fall, December 1, 2013
These gloves are definitely not for anything less than about 35 degrees, also the fit is a little snug for me with a ladies' medium. They'll make decent fall weather gloves, but definitely not for Iowa winter cycling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap looking, October 19, 2013
The glove itself is ok, but the fingertips look and feel like plastic. I returned and bought a different Pearl Izumi style glove which I love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mild to cool weather glove, December 3, 2013
Nice dexterity and visibility. Good down to around 40 degrees. Not much (or any) insulation, but they block wind and rain well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable, March 10, 2013
I wear these gloves in wx 45 - 70 degrees and they work really well. Light and comfortable. Looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful when ride in winter time, June 27, 2014
Protect my hands. Useful when ride in winter time. For summer, I recommend to get half finger one. This glove does not through air at all.(That's why I love this especially cold winter morning)

3.0 out of 5 stars seam hurts, October 21, 2014
They hurt my left hand when I wear them because the seam sticks out & cuts into where my thumb meets my palm. I'm thinking of looking into another type that's more comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what I hoped they would, January 17, 2014
Joan E. Koenig (North Waterboro, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased these to use while Kayaking, to protect a damaged tendon in my hand and to prevent blisters, they did that and also increased my grip on my paddle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fall / spring glove, February 6, 2014
Like the fit and grip on these. Probably would get something else if you're looking for a heavier winter glove.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›