4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but pricey
Published on June 17, 2012 by Texas Chick

2.0 out of 5 stars overstuffed, encased sausages!
The waist and chamois of this short were fine however, like another reviewer stated, you have to have STICK legs to wear these! I'm not large by any means but have muscular legs. The tight leg on these made my quads looks like overstuffed, encased sausages! The model below this is less expensive, comfortable, and fits well!
Published 21 months ago by H. Coddington

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but pricey, June 17, 2012
These are a good cycling short, but I could not tell an appreciable difference between these and some of Pearl Izumi's less expensive styles. I wore these on a 30 mile ride and I was perfectly comfortable. I wore them on a 50 mile ride over rougher pavement and was experiencing some numbness in my pelvic region by mile 9 which continued throughout the ride; this isn't usually a problem for me even on longer rides. The road vibration was creating numbness in my hands and feet as well. I felt some soreness in the seat area where I normally do by the end of the ride. These short's suggested retail price is $145.00, luckily through Amazon I only paid $82.00, but for that price I still expect superior performance. If price is irrelivant in choosing a cycling short, by all means give these a try....but if like me you want the best short you can buy for the money I'd suggest Peal Izumi's Attack shorts. I've ridden equal distances in both styles of shorts and I can't tell any difference in comfort between the two. I actually like the Attack short leg gripper better than the Pro's elastic around the leg. I give this short 4 stars for comfort, only 3 stars for value for the price. My quest continues for the perfect "century" short...

2.0 out of 5 stars overstuffed, encased sausages!, November 16, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars If your legs are solid muscle, they might work for you!, September 23, 2012
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Women's Pro Intercool Short (Apparel)
I ordered the Pro thinking they would fit the same as my others (I have these same shorts but Elite, not Pro). The leg band is pretty tight and created a reverse muffin top on my legs. Now I'm no fatty - 5'2 110 lbs. Now, maybe if you're actually a Pro and your legs are rock solid muscle, they might be great. I put them on and immediately took them off and sent them right back.

I recommend the 'Elite' Inter-cool version - a little less expensive and a lot more flattering. Not to mention they are a great quality pair of shorts. Be aware that they sell 2 versions of the Elite inter-cool - one is shorter than the other. I have both and recommend the longer version for better support and they fit a little better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for a long ride, July 7, 2013
I used these shorts of day 2 for 100 miles after riding 100 miles the day before. They were great with the perfect amount of padding and cool enough elsewhere so not to get over heated. I will stick with these Pro Inrcool going forward!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my derriere - literally!, June 1, 2013
I'm a complete newbie to cycling and signed up for a 35 mile charity ride. So though I'm _not_ Pro, I got the Pearl Izumi Pro shorts and it well worth it! I had purchased shorts at a store recently and had no idea that there were 3 levels. and when I found that I could find these Pro shorts at only $10 more on amazon than the Selects in the store, I went for it and got them JUST in time for the charity ride today. For a complete newbie, I had very little problem til about mile 25 (I also jog long distance), and I struggled the last 10 miles mainly because of the heat and my back/shoulders. However, very little problem with my seat! I had expected not to be able to sit for a few days but I'm doing perfectly fine :) Well worth the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycling shorts, December 30, 2012
This was a really wonderful purchase for me. It's attractive, functional and I was in every way pleased with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leg bands are strips of elastic not the soft grippers, December 28, 2012
I love the expert & pro pearl izumi shorts because they typically have soft leg gripper made out of elastic material. This pair unfortunately had the leg gripper made from an actual elastic strip for some reason. The band around the waist was the nice elastic material, but for some reason the leg grippers were a strip of thicker elastic. That being said it still was nice just a little more extreme than what I was used to from PI. Not sure of this is an older version or what. I caught them on sale for $68, so they are ok for the price, but would not pay any more for this version of the short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, could bike in them forever!, December 4, 2012
Love the shorts. Super comfortable and have had no issues on long rides (60 miles and more). The chamois does a great job of wicking away any moisture, which helps reduce and friction or "hot spots" during a ride. I would recommend these shorts to my friends and these will be my go to shorts for future purchases.

1.0 out of 5 stars Itchy, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Women's Pro Intercool Short (Apparel)
I loved my old Pearl Izumi Pro Octane shorts, but they are wearing out. I tried these instead. The elastic on the legs is incredibly tight, even though I got a size larger than usual, but the real problem is that they itch. The fabric itches, and the seams are like sandpaper. If your skin is at all sensitive, don't even bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearl Izumi bike shorts from Amazon, May 18, 2012
I will only wear Pearl Izumi - I prefer the longer compressive type shorts as I ride longer distance and they give me the support and don't ride up. Comfy and functional which is what I want.

Pearl Izumi Women's Pro Intercool Short