5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable for riding
Published on July 10, 2012 by YellowBird

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, except...
Published 14 months ago by Lauren Jenkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable for riding, July 10, 2012
YellowBird (Hunterdon County, NJ) - See all my reviews
This is my second pair of these bike shorts. I have also tried Cannondale shorts. The Izumi's feel more like a true fit and the fabric is softer. The padding seems to be in all the right places and for dorky bike shorts, they are not bad when walking upright -- the fit stays close to your body instead of looking like you have a load in your pants. Ultimately, they are made for sitting, so you will eventually give up trying to fold them and just throw them in your drawer. I like the leg length, though some may find them a bit too long for their sense of style. I don't want my thighs rubbing on the seat. The waistline dips at the belly button, and while I don't like low-hanging pants, these are very adequate and comfortable on a 50-something body.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT for Curvy Women, September 30, 2012
A friend suggested I try Pearl Izumi bike shorts--the more panels the best. These shorts have six panels. The material is quite stretchy and the shorts are incredibly comfortable. I *am* going to buy another pair.

Finding bike clothing is a nightmare for larger women, but I definitely recommend these. I've been able to sit around at races without feeling like I needed to change ASAP. The shorts stay up while riding, aren't tight in the weirdest places, and are wonderfully comfy! It's nice not having to think about my bike shorts so I can focus more on the ride.

X-Large perfectly fits a size 16. I would suspect that it would work for sizes 14-18.

5.0 out of 5 stars No chaffing!, July 4, 2012
J. Whitt (Pennsylvania, United States) - See all my reviews
I love these shorts so much, I bought another pair. I've worn them on 40 mile plus rides without any chaffing or sore butt. I'm 5'2", 120 lbs,shaped like a pear, and the small fits fine. I also bought a pearl Izumi tri suit. The padding isn't as thick on the tri suit, but it is just as comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shorts, March 18, 2013
AdaV (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
Fabric and overall construction seem to be of very good quality, padding of the short is great. Went for a short ride (~15mi) and these were awesome, can't wait to put more miles on them :)
I am 5'7", 128lb and the got the Small which fits fine

5.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable for spinning class, April 9, 2013
These shorts are perfect. The padding is enough without being a little too much and the leg grippers keep them from riding up. I'm not a real cyclist, but do spinning classes twice a week and if I wear these shorts, i'm not sore in the nether-region at all after a hard spin class. Plus the padding pretty much makes it impossible to get a camel toe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb fit and excellent quality. Love them, February 24, 2014
I own several different kind of cycling shorts (different sizes, different pearl izumi models as well as other brands) and these are my favorite, by far - they are short enough to stand them on hot days but not too short so they give enough protection. The chamois is really comfy, the size fits true, the short will not ride up, the fit is tight but not overly tight and last but not least I've used them and washed them over and over and the fabric has remained intact. Will definitely buy more pairs of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, March 16, 2014
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Women's Quest Short (Sports)
These shorts are like a fresh breath of air!!! I felt so comfortable wearing them on my ride. The waist band reminds me of yoga pants so they leave room for flexibity.

I read other reviews saying these run smaller than other Pearl Izumi shorts. I am 5'4" 135 and typically wear small in Pearl Izumi due to the reviews I ordered a medium. I think that these shorts run true to size, because the medium felt a little big especially since there is more give in the waist due to waist style band.

These shorts run longer on me than other Pearl Izumi's almost hitting the top of my knee. I liked riding with the longer shorts, because I got no suntan line.

The material of the shorts felt a little slippery on my seat, but I think this will adapt over time once they are worn in.

These are a MUST buy! Good quality, comfort, and affordable price!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for riding enough padding, May 23, 2013
This are great the padding is thick enough to be comfy but not so bad for walking the waist is high enough without being uncomfortable if you are used to low pants but but is really just under your bellybutton, I'm 5'3" and 128 lbs and M fit great the look is shinny and the logos are reflective they have a good lengt and the grip in legs is great, your thighs wont rub with bike or each other in this also they look really good on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit and durability, February 19, 2013
My previous cycling shorts had much less padding, and I really notice a difference, particularly on 40+ mile rides! I think these fit well, running true to size, and the wide waistband at the top is very comfortable -- though mine seem to land a little closer to my knee than it looks like on the model. My other comment is that I ride 100-200 miles a week for most of the season, and I alternated two pairs of these last year (trying to save money) and after seven months they still look and feel great! So the elastics in the fabric definitely hold up well to washing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, except..., May 26, 2013
So these shorts have great padding, they have definitely reduced/eliminated all pain from my saddle or a spin bike... HOWEVER, my problem with them is that if you happen to sweat a lot like me, you will look like you peed your pants after a long ride or spin class. Wish they were a different fabric type. I don't have this issue with any other shorts or pants I own. I would not buy another pair of these for this reason alone.

Pearl Izumi Women's Quest Short