Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Izumi Women's Select Tri Suit
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 12, 2013
I read a lot of reviews in order to figure out size. I even tried to find "official" sizing guides for Pearl Izumi but failed to find one specifically for tri suits. So hopefully if anyone has my measurements this will help. I generally wear a medium shirt and 8/10 pants. Here are my exact measurements: bust - 36", waist at largest part - 33", hips at largest part - 40", thigh top to bottom - 24"-18.5". I ordered a size large. If you are any larger than my measurements I would definately get an XL. The large fits pretty snug and I am pretty border-line to the XL.
I haven't tried it out in competition yet but I LOVE the length of the legs and it is a comfortable suit. It is the bear minimum padding in the bum. Color is nice and the material seems very lightweight.
Hope this helps someone. :)

Update: Used the suit today. It was wonderful! Absolutely no complaints. There was no rubbing or riding up, it was very comfortable. It made my transitions much faster. It was so worth the money!
on October 9, 2011
I'm 5'5" 135lbs and usually wear a medium but ordered a large. Love it! Works great from swim, ride and running with no chafing. Very breathable and light. Like that the legs extend down over my thigh and no pinching. Very pleased with my purchase.
on August 2, 2012
I received my suit yesterday, and was so nervous that it would not fit since many of the reviews say to order a size up. I am typically an XL (5'8", 14 for tops/dresses, 16 for pants) and I found the XL suit to be very true to size. It was form fitting but very comfortable. I wore it yesterday on my run and it did not chafe at all. Even when I took it off, there were no red lines on my skin (you know, the ones you get when you wear something too tight).

The only thing was that I found the zipper to irritate my chest a little. No issue- I just unzip it to 1" below the top of the sports bra. I am a D cup and found the sports bra that came with the suit perfect - held me in place without being uncomfortable.

I considered a lot of products before purchasing this one. It seemed much more economical to buy a 1-piece than separates, and this suit was well-priced for a one piece. Also, it is very attractive! I would definitely buy other pieces from Pearl Izumi in the future.
on December 12, 2011
I just used this Tri Suit a few weeks ago for a triathlon and it was comfortable and didn't cause any chafing anywhere. Like other customers I did buy a size larger than I usually wear and would recommend that for purchasers. Also, I am a little larger in the chest so instead of using the include bra top I used my own running bra for a little more support. If you are a B-cup or smaller the included bra top should be plenty of support.
on September 29, 2011
I was very happy with this purchase. The suit looked great and is of great quality. I am normally between a size 2-4 in street clothes and the small was a bit snug. While these suits should fit very tightly, the sports bra included was almost too tight and I am not, at all, a well endowed girl. Consider moving up a size from your street clothes or trying it on in a store to confirm the best size for you in this suit.
on May 8, 2012
I'm an athletic 5'4" and 125lbs. I got the large since others said it ran small. It fits, but is almost too big. I really wonder what the medium would look like. The elastic around the leg is comfortable but not snug. Torso is a little long (but not really noticeable). Plus, I have a short torso. But there is gaping around the arm holes. And I have a 34C chest. I guess I was expecting this to fit more like a wetsuit. You know, second skin. But I love the colors. No missing you when you wear this. I'm still on the line if I will keep this or not. For $80, I want to be 100% satisfied and I'm just not at this point.
on January 3, 2013
I bought this for my first ever sprint triathlon last year. I am 43 yrs old, 5'3", 205Lbs, 40D chest and proportional shape body and got the size XL. I wore the bra and suit alone with nothing else and it was extremely comfortable with support. It did not bother me at all and dried quickly once out of the pool. It was nice to be able to unzip the top part while still having the bra underneath when I got hot. I plan to buy an extra as I train for this year's races. Definitely recommend for beginners, at least.
on August 9, 2013
I bought this after doing 3 Triathlons without one. I debated several brands. But found the reviews on this one more promising. I am 5'9 and 205 lbs. And the X-Large fit me great. The legs didn't ride up, or cut off circulation. The seperate bra made putting it on and the extra level of support even better. The pocket in the back isn't very big, but on training rides/runs I was able to put my car key in it and can see how a gel or pack of jelly beans would fit perfect without bouncing around and be distracting. I'll definitely get another one just like this when this one is retired.
on December 12, 2014
i used this suit for two tris this summer - a sprint and an olympic. i also used for many swim+bike workouts. i adore this suit. the sports bra was useless for me, so i'm glad it wasn't attached. i just used my own. the length of the shorts and overall fit was great for me. i race athena (size 12 in normal clothes) and had a hard time finding good-fitting suits, so this was a nice option. seems to be high quality as well. highly recommended!
on October 10, 2013
I bought this for my first sprint triathlon and loved it. I purchased a medium, I'm 5'3", bust 34C, booty 39", waist, 28" and it fit perfectly; snug but not suffocating. The legs stay in place, and the front zip is convenient. The seperate sports bra is awesome and it actually supports too; it's not just for pretty. I was able to use it twice this year and I'm excited to wear it again next season. It was a great buy!

See 1 answered question