Customer Discussions > Ten (Legacy Edition) (2CDs) forum

Pearl Jam "Ten" remastered

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2009 10:58:58 PM PDT
I can't believe the enormous price difference between the "Legacy Edition" of Ten and the "Deluxe". If you were to pay retail prices, the difference in cost is approx. $23.00 -- and for what? A booklet and a very short DVD of their MTV Unplugged performance. I opted to save the $$$ and only got the Legacy Edition (2 cds). To those who bought the version with the DVD, was it really worth the price for that DVD and booklet? (Legacy Ed. has no booklet)

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 11:41:36 AM PDT
Carla Lilie says:
Well, the difference in cost on Amazon is only $14.00, so you wouldn't have to pay $23 more to get the DVD. I definitely think the DVD is worth it if you're a Pearl Jam fan. I just watched it this morning and I loved it! The sound and visuals are both great.

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 1:10:26 PM PDT
Kris L. Holt says:
I have to agree there is a bit of an ouch for the short DVD. I waffled over which edition to buy. After listening to the DVD in surround sound, it really is quite good and never has been published before. Really fun to see the band perform in that time. (Now I long for a CD of the MTV Unplugged show to get an acoustic release. Almost would've preferred to get the MTV Unplugged CD instead the original remastered Ten.) If you think of getting 3 albums and what each one individually would cost, it takes the bite out of the price. Maybe a bitch would be: how much of it does PJ get?

Posted on Mar 27, 2009 2:15:59 PM PDT
squinky3 says:
I guess I'm just lucky: I bought the Deluxe Edition with the DVD in Virgin in N.Y.C. for $24.99. They had the Legacy Edition there, 2 CD only, for $17.99, reduced from $19.99, so I only paid $7.00 more for the version with the booklet and DVD. You can save money if you take your time and know where to look. Online purchases aren't always the answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2009 10:59:20 AM PDT
It's true - you can get an okay deal if you buy this collection while it's on sale. I just meant that after the sales are all over, the price of the DVD + 2 CDs was $37.99 at Best Buy and the list price set above $40 on Amazon. That's a LOT of money for what little you really get. I'm happy with my 2 CD purchase, but I am disappointed that the band didn't (or couldn't) add "I've Got A Feeling" to the bonus tracks. It's on the Pearl Jam promo cassette I got from them nearly 20 years ago, but I have yet to see it officially released on CD....anyway, that's a different discussion.

Posted on Feb 2, 2010 3:21:37 PM PST
when is Vs going to get a deluxe edition?

Posted on Dec 10, 2010 11:02:41 AM PST
Kelly jane says:
TODAY ONLY!! On popmarket.com they are selling the deluxe edition for $16.99 and free shipping. If anyone is interested.

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 4:42:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011 4:44:29 AM PDT
ehy guys, can you help me? in your opinion is this http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B004K7M6Z6/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A11IL2PNWYJU7H the same of this vs. & Vitalogy 3 CD Deluxe Edition (Featuring Live At The Orpheum, Boston MA) ??

anyway I have a deluxe edition of that masterpiece. a deluxe edition with 2 cds and the dvd of the mtv unplugged performance. this one Ten (Deluxe Edition) (2CD/1 DVD)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ten (Legacy Edition) (2CDs)
Ten (Legacy Edition) (2CDs) by Pearl Jam (Audio CD - 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,042)