5.0 out of 5 stars This Jersey is AMAZING !
Published on June 7, 2011 by Prime Convert

3.0 out of 5 stars Dye bled while wearing it
I bought the bright blue. The thermal jersey feels great, but during a sweaty ride, my white jersey was stained blue on the back. WASH IT FIRST! Otherwise it's really nice.
Published 6 months ago by C. Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars This Jersey is AMAZING !, June 7, 2011
I commuted to work on my bicycle until the exceptional snowbanks made the road too narrow to ride safetly after Christmas this past winter (2011). On the coldest day, 18 degrees F, I wore this jersey, a very thin shell, my ski helmet and gloves, and Pearl Izumi thermal tights. With this jersey, re-purposed ski gear, and my other Pearl Izumi gear, I did not stop riding because of the temperatures associated with a New England winter. I was amazed that I was able to ride my bicycle comfortably in the winter. Other than some novelty jerseys, All of my cycling gear is Pearl Izumi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jersey, April 6, 2012
Mike Wolford (Bloomington, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I'm 5'11.5", 190lbs, athletic build and a Large fits me very well. I've worn it with just a base-layer in the upper 20's with 10-15 mph wind and have been fine on training rides (3 hours, 20mph+ avg). For what I'm doing, I wouldn't wear this jersey when it's above 45-50 degrees, depending on the wind. This jersey would be 5+ stars if it had a wind proof layer on the torso.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warmer than its weight would indicate, March 15, 2013
For my upper body, I wear this over the PI Transfer Zip Neck Long Sleeve Base, and then put on an Elite Barrier Jacket - a combo that keeps me warm on 30 degree mornings. Given its light weight, it's amazing how warm this jersey is.

Quality-wise, it's excellent. I've never been disappointed with Pearl Izumi products, and this one kept the streak alive.

Size-wise, I'm 5'11, 174 lbs and the Large fits me nicely (over the base layer). It seems that for PI lower body gear I'm a Medium, but for upper body items I'm a large.

I'm very satisfied with this purchase, and I hope this review helps someone to make the decision to purchase this nice, purposeful product of fine quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearl Izumi select mens thermal jersey xl, December 29, 2011
Normally I ware a size 42 or Xl size shirts with a waist size of 34. Decided to order Xl evenknow it is said that this manufacture runs small. So far I'm happy with the fit. Sleeves are able to overlap my gloves and the Jersey is comfortable as a second or third layer keeping me warm in the upper 30's but works well in the mid 40's as a second layer..

5.0 out of 5 stars so nice!, December 9, 2013
I had another and sought this one out. If you can't get the same model you could get the latest one and it would be similar. This works in three combinations: by itself in lower 60s to mid 50's (Fahrenheit) and with a wicking under layer 55 to 40 and then add a windproof shell on top of that to get down to 25 or lower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, warm, and visible, March 12, 2012
Mark Waite (Loveland, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this jersey to replace an earlier Pearl Izumi winter jersey that was a little rough and scratchy to wear. This jersey is soft, comfortable, and and has kept me very warm riding between work and home in northern Colorado. It washes well, wears comfortably, and the full length zipper is much better than the partial length zipper on the older winter jersey I was using previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first biking thermal, January 11, 2012
Bluenycom (Racho Cucamonga, CA) - See all my reviews
I really don't have any reference to compare to since this is my first and only biking thermal. I have been only riding with temp down to the upper 40's and 50's. It's fine with that kind of weather. It's a bit cold at the beginning before I warm up, but perfect after that. It certainly didn't feel hot in the temperature range above during hard climb. I like the design and color. I am 5'9" and 150 pounds. Medium was perfect size for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for an avid cyclist, January 16, 2014
I got this not for myself, but for my brother as a Christmas gift. He's 6'1" tall and has a more slender build. I got him a large and it fit really well. Great construction quality and performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, if you need it!, December 5, 2013
I must say that this overlapped in my woardrobe with a long sleeved wool bike jersey. It fit me skin tight. I bought a medium. I am 6', 160-165lbs. Thin, but not skinny. I would have preferred a little extra room in case I wanted to use this as a layer over a base or as a layer over a base and another jersey. So, large would have probably met my size needs more. Also, I decided that this thing was just too screaming yellow for me. I guess that I would have preferred a screaming green, if there is such a thing. I returned it.

However, if you need a warm, fully zippered base, or thermal jersey, this fits the bill. Probably at half the cost of the wool. I just can't comment on how it feels after using it, or how it wears since I never did take it on a ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Jersey, November 29, 2012
This is a great jersey for cool weather. It does not keep the wind out on cold windy days. I find that adding a bicycle rain/wind breaker over this on the blustery days is necessary. It's probably a three stage affair. Just this jersey for cool days, add a base layer such as UA Cold Gear for colder days, then add the wind breaker for the blustery days. The light weight rain jackets for bicycling are small enough to fold and carry in a rear pocket of this jersey. Then you have it if needed.
The Screaming Yellow is highly visible.

Rate and Discover Movies