Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on December 29, 2011
This is currently my favorite piece of cycling clothing I use. It's long in the back and provides excellent thermal protection. I currently use it in conjunction with "Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Barrier Jacket" and it's been working out great so far. In the winter time I put on a extra t-shirt over and it keeps me plenty warm through my sub 0 °C 7km commute. The only negative thing I have to say is that it was a bit cumbersome to get out of it after a ride but after a few rides I got the hang of it.
on November 20, 2011
As a winter base layer, this long sleeve tall neck garment exceeded my expectations. Wicking is excellent and the warmth provided is uniform and more than adequate when compared with the transfer base layer. The garment dries very quickly so you don't "soak and chill" during flats/stops/coffee breaks. Even though I wear a medium PI jacket and PI jersey, this fit well as a large but with a little more tail than needed. This and a PI select thermal jersey will serve you well on a windy 55 degree on down to 40 degree ride. I'm at altitude in a dry climate for a reference.
on January 4, 2014
I had my eye on this base layer for a while since I am trying to replace a Duofold mock 1/4 zip baselayer that I bought over 10 years ago and still wear (although tattered with the zipper sewn up now) - which is not made anymore by them. That one is thick, very stretchy, and very comfy and warm.

Although this Pearl Izumi top is stylish with the cool logo on the neck, it is thin and not very stretchy. You also need to buy a size up. I normally wear size Large (5'11 175), but this XL fits me and is still close-fitting. I am just now testing its warmth (not impressed so far). Although this was expensive, I am not fond of returning, so I will keep it and wear it - but it still doesn't replace what I had.
I have spent hundreds now, and I own too many of disappointing baselayers to count. But I continue on my search to replace what I had. The "baselayer" business seems to somewhat of a racket now. If I had known at that time years ago, I would have bought a bunch of them.
on September 18, 2012
Pearl Izumi has yet to disappoint me. After purchasing this item, I tried it on and it was absolutely perfect. Great baselayer that feels incredibly comfortable and warm. I also did not feel sweaty or gross, even though it fit snugly and was fairly warm during my ride. I actually liked the item so much I ordered 2 more after this. I can see why other reviewers game such good reviews. It may be somewhat pricey but trust me you get the quality you pay for. I'm very satisfied with the item and will definitely order more in the future once my current set of PI baselayers need to be replaced.
on January 4, 2013
I had already bought this thermal shirt and liked it so much that I bought a second one. It fits nice and snug and has a long tail. It keeps me warm and holds up to repeated washings. I am 6"1" and weigh 205 so I bought the XL. It fits perfectly.
on February 22, 2013
This base layer is amazing. I use it alone down to 20F while running, and about 40F while cycling. Lower than that I just need a windbreaker. It is very comfortable, durable, and warm.

I'm probably going to order a couple more.
on April 24, 2013
I'm 5'10" and about 165lbs. I bought this thinking the Med would be perfect because all my other shirts I by are medium. While the length of the sleeves was spot on and the length of the shirt over the waist/butt area is perfect, it is certainly tight in the chest and upper arms. I know it's supposed to fit tight, but I was disappointed at just how tight it felt to me. Also, inspect the neck. I wore mine on a cool morning ride and something in the neck area rubbed my neck raw. I think its related to some of the synthetic/plastic threads they us for the seams. It's very strong, but made for an uncomfortable ride. When I warmed up I was able to unzip and it stopped rubbing.
on January 22, 2013
It keeps you dry , the zipper is handy for air flow . I little expensive but It worth it , it allows for less layering and feels very comfy .
I also use it for jogging , will have to get another one . I use it , weather permits , just with a pair of tights . The fit is excellent if you buy a size up . I am 5.7 150LB , the large fits fine .
on November 3, 2014
This kept me warm in 35 degree weather, I rode my bike for about 40 minutes approx. 10 miles and didn't feel cold at all on my upper body. I did wear something over this but this thermal base layer eliminated me having to wear two extra shirts as I usually do. The quality of this is excellent. Read the was instructions and I'm sure this will last a very very long time. I'm pleased.
on January 3, 2014
Very good product, well made and fits well. Thicker than PI's transfer base layer. I give it four start because for me, PI's transfer base layer is slightly more comfortable, costs less and does an equally good job of a base layer as part of the 3 layer system I use for riding in cold weather.
33 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse