4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. Kept me a warm happy runner :)
Published 21 months ago by EB

3.0 out of 5 stars It was great except for the length, too long
I really liked the functionality of this item but it was just too long and awkward to keep. Too bad since it did exactly what I wanted, the convertibility of the jacket/vest. The colors and material were great and the price was right too, too bad it didn't work out.
Published 13 months ago by jazmyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. Kept me a warm happy runner :), November 16, 2012
True to size. Im 5'2, 120 lbs and small gives you enough room for your jersey without feeling constricted at all. It's a great jacket for cool breezy days. Definitely need to wear long sleeved-cool gear underneath if you plan to run on a rather moist 40 degree weather or below. Learn how to take & stow the sleeves off so you wont be wasting unnecessary energy figuring it out while running. Side pockets are roomy enough for sports beans or gu. Left chest pocket fits my iphone4s perfectly. Removable sleeves folds small & secured in back packet. It can get a bit bulky in the behind if you have a fuel belt but not a big deal :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, October 13, 2012
This jacket is light weight but blocks the wind well on cool fall days. The sleeves are easy to remove if you get too hot, leaving the vest to block the wind from your core. Cycling clothes seem to run small, and I wear a size twelve, so I ordered an XXL...but I probably could have gone with an XL instead.. The jacket is a bit big, but I can put layers under it when it gets colder. Great jacket for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, April 22, 2012
A little pricey for a jacket, but it is light weight and versatile. Has enough pockets for everything. I am 5'2'' and 100 lbs,the Xsmall fits pretty nicely. A little loose and long on the arms, but i think it's supposed to be that way. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Running Jacket, January 29, 2013
G. Langdon (Morgantown, WV) - See all my reviews
I am absolutely in love with this jacket! It's extremely light weight, and the fabric is very soft, airy, and cool. I have not yet had a chance to test it out in rain, but I have worn it out while snowing, and it kept me dry. I've also worn it on runs with temps in the high teens and 20s with very gusty winds, and this jacket, combined with a long sleeve tech shirt (or 2), kept me plenty warm! I can definitely see being able to use this jacket year-round. It has plenty of pockets, and it's extremely fast to convert into a vest. The sleeves can be easily stored in the back pocket of the jacket. In fact, the jacket is so light that you could even roll it up and store it in a pocket in a hydration vest or Camelbak which would be especially useful for long runs in the spring or summer when you want to carry it just in case you need it.

I really like the cut/fit of the jacket too. It's not poofy at all and is extremely cute. Of course, the fit would depend on if you got a larger size to be able to wear more layers underneath. I plan to wear at most, 2 layers under it so I got it in the smallest size I could wear so it wouldn't shift or move around much. I have worn it on runs from 3-23 miles.

I'm 5' 2.5" tall and 112 lb, and I got the extra small. At first I thought the sleeves were a pinch tight in the arm pits, but this loosened up completely after I wore it one time and haven't noticed it since. I do think that if I had ordered a small that the sleeves would have been long; however, they are the perfect length with the extra small. In my opinion, so far this jacket was worth every penny and would definitely recommend it to others for running or cycling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearl izumi, December 27, 2012
I bought this jacket to replace an old vest. It is very functional, and you get a jacket and a vest for the price of one. The sleeves come of easily. I love this fabric, it is very noce to touch. I am 5'3" and 120lbs. The size small fits right.
It looks even better in reality than on this picture. I recommend it highly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product! I highly recommend!, June 20, 2012
KAH (Buffalo Grove, IL) - See all my reviews
I'm a runner and a bike rider, and I needed a jacket that I could use in the summer (Chicago area) as well as in the fall. This jacket is absolutely perfect for weather down to 45 degrees. It's a great wind and rain barrier, as well as versatile because I can remove the arms and slip into the pocket when I get warm and slip into the back pocket (the only downfall is that I need to stop what I'm doing in order to remove the arms...but it's totally worth it). I ordered a medium, I usually wear a small, so I think the product runs a little small (I'm 5'4", 122 lbs). I can still fit a dry fit shirt on comfortably under the jacket. I also liked the color, safety orange, because I ride at dawn in the summer and wanted something bright and noticeable so I can be seen in traffic.

LOVE THIS JACKET! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Pearl Izumi Women's Barrier Convertible Jacket

4.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, but runs small, March 28, 2012
Order at least one, if not two sizes larger than you typically would in other brands. Very good design...great mobility and venting.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS JACKET!, March 21, 2012
Just opened the box and am SO HAPPY I ordered this jacket! Had been looking at a few options online - always hard to make a selection without actually feeling - touching - trying on the item in-store. This is a WONDERFUL jacket! Fit is AWESOME! It is a slim fit, but true to size. I feel this jacket is BOTH functional and fashionable! Think it will be just perfect this time of year - it is extremely lightweight - easily packable - great protection from a light passing shower or slight wind. The bright yellow color will provide me with the visibility I want while cycling. GREAT PRICING and SUPER FAST SHIPPING thru Amazon! Can't wait to try out my new jacket!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, February 24, 2012
I like this jacket a lot. Lightweight. Medium fits well for me (size 10). I always like the option of zip-off sleeves. Excellent visibility if you want to be sure the cars know you're out there on your bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pear Izumi Women's Barrier Convertible jacket, February 14, 2012
I am a petite size 2; jacket fits well, except sleeves are too long. However, velcro cuffs help keep them from hanging too long. Otherwise, pleased with this jacket.

Rate and Discover Movies