5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cycling Shorts
These shorts are very comfortable. The material feels good against the skin.

The chamois is thick, but not too bulky when on the bike and very comfortable when on the saddle. I have admit at first when walking around it seemed a bit ackward as I was used to the much thinner chamois in the Quest shorts.

The material of of the shorts does a great job...
Published on August 1, 2012 by RLC

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch
I got these as an upgrade when a pair of my other shorts (I can't remember the name, but it's the next grade down) started to wear through after a couple of years and many long rides without problems. These seemed nicer at first. The chamois is a bit thicker and seems like a better quality. Then I rode in them. After about 15 miles, I started feeling like sandpaper was...
Published 4 months ago by Travis Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cycling Shorts, August 1, 2012
RLC (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These shorts are very comfortable. The material feels good against the skin.

The material of of the shorts does a great job of wicking moisture away from the skin. I have had no issue with the center seam of the shorts, never once felt it while riding.

The shorts are long, nearly to the knee and I have had zero issue with them riding up the leg.

These shorts are much nicer than the Pearl Izumi Quest shorts! The added padding and material type make a huge difference. Also, the material of the shorts also does a better job of wicking the moisture away. I would highly recommend spending the extra few bucks on these if possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Great-fitting Short, October 30, 2012
I am six feet tall, have a 33 inch waist, and weigh about 170 pounds. The size large fits me perfectly. My rides are generally 30 to 40 miles four or five times a week (every day if I can!); this short is one of the most comfortable I have worn. After numerous washings the short appears to be well-made. I was so impressed with the short that I ordered a second pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Selected over Pro Intercool., July 6, 2013
I live in the tropics and do ride my bike 200-300 miles per week (300-400km). Decided to go down one notch in Pearl's hot weather riding shorts range. This was caused by an unexpected low lifespan ( 6 months) from Pro intercool short. It lasted too little and the semitransparent fabric degraded too fast and stopped doing the nice compression it did when new. This feels a little loose compared with the other but needed a longer lasting product. Will update after six months or so. Missing the compression from the other but performing fine. This one pad fits me better than the Intercool one. This is my fifth pair of riding shorts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, comfortable fit, May 22, 2013
This is a nice pair of cycling shorts. This is my third pair from PI. My two other pairs are Quest shorts and all have been comfortable so far. The Attack has a slightly thicker chamois so it's more comfortable in comparison to the Quests. Its multiple panels hugs my body like a second skin. It's not tight but fits nicely, and it fact, it's so comfortable I don't notice it's there. Although the dotted rubber in the legs do not grip tightly to my thighs, they work just fine. I have a 32 waist and went for the Medium-it's a perfect fit. PI's Medium actually fits a 31.5-34.5 waist. A Small would have been too tight for me. The reflective logos are good in low light conditions or when riding at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars SIZING!!!, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Pearl Izumi Attack Short (Sports)
It wasn't easy deciding on a size based on the reviews here on Amazon. I ordered a size Small and it fits me very well. Here are my dimensions:

Height: 5' 10.5"
Weight: 147 pounds
Waist: 31" (measured 2" below bottom edge of belly button because that is where the shorts naturally pull up to)
Thigh: 18.5" around (measured halfway between knee and crotch. Also, I have thin legs, which might be another thing to consider if you are getting size Small)

I am very happy with these shorts. The padding is superb for my un-padded road bike seat and the quality seems really good.

(If this reviewed helped you, please click "Yes" next to "was this review helpful" so that it gets raised to the top and more people see it.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice thick padding., December 12, 2012
I am all over the place with Pearl Izumi sizing. I have a 35 inch waist and the medium fit fine. I'll bet the large would too. I am 6'0 160lbs. Slim build with some handles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chamois for a Boney Butt, October 2, 2013
I am new to cycling in earness. I use to do casual cycling of less than a mile. Due to weight gain and "the soft life", I needed to improve my cardiac and muscle strength. I ride a Giant Cypress DL approximately 40-50 miles/wk. The first pair of riding pants had a foam chamois which chaffed me and offered less than advertised comfort. I ordered and tried the PI Attack pant and will not go back to my other pant. The 3D chamois is well padded where I am not. It fits well but since I'm loosing wgt I may need to buy a smaller pant (YEA!!!). I use powder on the chamois to prevent chaffing and I'm comfortable with my 10-15 mile rides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and not horrible looking, January 14, 2013
These are slightly less comfortable than wearing the Pearl Izumi liners under some khaki hiking shorts. But for longer rides, I just throw these one. The only question, as with all bike shorts, is how long they'll last. But for $32, one year of constant use would suffice.

* I had to buy a second pair. These shorts feel great to wear and look brand new after multiple washes. I'm 6'3", 220lbs, waist size 36" (34 in many jeans) and an XL fits great. Buy 'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit, comfortable, May 13, 2013
Have had for two weeks and already a few hundred miles of use. Very comfortable and nice fit. I am 5'10", 160lbs and got the medium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cycling shorts, September 21, 2013
I bought the Izumi shorts for the name and price. They are not the top of that line. But are consistent with the pearl Izumi shorts elsewhere. Buy these for rides up to 50 miles. If you go further you will want the next level up. Nonetheless, I like the fit and comfort.

Pearl Izumi Attack Short