Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 16, 2013
Unlike most other earwarmers, this is not a thick synthetic fleece. Instead, this material is more like thick compression shorts (think Under Armour HeatGear). Running or playing soccer in North Florida winters, it gets cold enough to make your ears hurt, but hats and even fleece earwarmers get too hot and sweaty. This keeps the wind off and holds just enough body heat to keep ears comfortable. And if you get warm enough to take it off, it is light and thin enough to quickly tuck into the waistband of your shorts and won't fall out. Also, this product has a slightly thicker elastic band around the edge that helps it stay in place well, even during vigorous excercise. My only complaint is that it runs a bit smaller than I would like on my large (size 8-1/2) head.
on June 15, 2014
One problem I have when running or biking is that my ears will get cold. A stocking cap is often too much, it makes my head too hot and sweaty. This is a great solution. It keeps my ears warm without making my head too hot. I can still comfortably wear headphones. This isn't too tight and constrictive - very comfortable. Great for winter workouts.
on March 23, 2014
Nice and thin enough to fit under a helmet or stuff in you pocket but amazingly warm. Breathable so your ears don't get clammy and you can still hear quite well. My ears are very sensitive to cold due to frostnip in the past and I trust this headband. I lost my old one so this is a replacement. Love it just as much and will keep wearing this till it disintegrates!
on December 9, 2012
I figured with the "thermal" in the name it would be a bit thicker. After about 45 minutes in weather at 40 or below (about 6 rides so far with this), my ears/head get that pain that comes with being too cold. Still, for weather above 40 up to about 60 this is nice.
on June 30, 2015
This is a fantastic product for winter sports. I live in Boston and I used this headband for running and cycling during the Fall and Winter. It is comfortable and warm, without hurting your ears. Definitely a must have if you plan to do anything outside at low temperatures.
on February 16, 2015
I wish the back of this headband was not so wide so that it didn't bunch up under my helmet. I've worn a fleece product that suffered from the same problem, but was much worse because of the thickness of the fleece. This headband doesn't keep my ears as warm as the fleece one, but it keeps the cold air from going into my ears and thus, causing my ears to ache. In that regard, this has worked perfect in all rides over 48F that I have been one, which isn't too ofter here in FL.
on November 26, 2012
It blocks the wind on cold days and it absorbs the sweat on warmer days. I find myself wearing it in warmer weather more than I thought because I like how it blocks out a little of the wind noise. Its been laundered over a dozen times and shows no wear yet.
on March 14, 2014
Perfect for under my bike helmet. Totally windproof in this extremely nasty winter. The wind chill has been the worst and these block the wind.
on March 6, 2016
1. It's a lot taller than it looks in the pic. It's about 4 inches tall in person, taller than most other headbands.
2. It's not at all windproof - you can breathe through it fairly easily.

I was looking for a windproof headband so it didn't work for me. To tall for my taste as well.
on February 15, 2015
Quick summary: This headband works whether you have long hair or not, male or female.

As a couple of other reviewers have said, this headband has a hole/slot for a ponytail. This was unexpected but very much appreciated, because I am a male with a ponytail! I didn't buy it specifically for the ponytail hole (I'm not even sure the product description says there is one), but I bought it because it was significantly cheaper than headbands marketed for ponytails.

In other aspects, the headband is fine. It's not super thick, but that's not a problem because I mainly just wanted to keep the ice cold wind off my ears as I ran, and this does so perfectly. After runs, my ears are cool but not cold/painful. That's perfect.