Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

92%

on May 13, 2014
I have been wearing PI for about a year and a half. I've tried both N1 and N2, trail and road. Out of all of them, the trail N2 has been my favorite. I did not notice any out of the box stiffness (compared to the Brooks Cascadia they're very bendy) and wore them for a 35 mile run to break them in. They felt great out of the box and I have never had a blister in them. The lacing system and seamless upper provide a perfectly comfortable fit on the instep, and the tongue never slips to the side thanks to loops in it for the laces to hold it in place. Bonus: The laces don't loosen or come untied because they are ridged. Toe box is wide enough to prevent friction but my feet don't slip around inside them on downhills or technical terrain. There is enough cushion for long miles and sharp rocks, but they have a pretty low profile so I don't feel like I will "fall off" them and roll my ankle. The slightly rocker shaped sole provides a nice toe off feel. They grip the trail well and drain pretty quickly after water crossings. One thing to note- if you run on a mix of pavement and trails the rubber on the sole will not last as long, the same as any trail shoe with softer rubber for grip. So far I have worn these shoes for all my ultra marathons (50k to 100 miles- 7 races total) and haven't found anything (Brooks, Hoka, Altra) that comes close to the comfort of the N2. One more note: I pronate but have finally been running injury free in these neutral shoes. I use a low arch Sofsole insole to support my flat feet a bit.)
on February 15, 2014
Here's the "wonders" of this shoe: toe box is roomy enough for women with a "B" width but do not have a "C-D" width; the back/ankle part cradles your foot like none I've ever experienced--it's not tight but so secure that you have no slippage on a downward slope; and the overall arch support and rocking motion qualifies for a shoe I would like to wear all day long. If you thought no other trail shoe would top a Keen, then you will be overjoyed with the Pearl IZumi brand. A comment was made that the shoe is quite stiff upon arrival and I also found this to be true; however, walking indoor laps in my home easily loosened the shoe. I am also in love with the shoes' laces--I've never had a shoe with laces comprised of ridges, but I am now a fan as they stay secure/in-place during your walk/jog. If I was to find one complaint it would be the color contrast; while I love the blue, I'm not a fan of the orange but I purchased this one instead of the other color due to the cost point. This shoe will NOT disappoint and for me, I will ever go back to any other brand except Pearl iZumi!
on January 30, 2015
The length was fine but I found these to be very narrow throughout the entire shoe, from forefoot to heel. My forefoot is on the wider side but I have never had a heel cup feel so tight. After wearing them around the house for 5 minutes or so, it was actually a relief to get them off my feet.

I would never give a poor review due to a sizing issue. These may be fantastic trail shoes, they were just not a good fit for my foot. The reason for the poor review is for the lack of consistent finishing on this shoe. The yellow/orange color on the outside of the shoe is a very deep, rich color. The color on the inside of the shoe was a faded, pale looking dull light yellow. It was not even close to being the same color -- many, many shades lighter than the outside.. With the shoe on and laced up, this color difference was clearly noticeable around the heel cushioning collar at the top and the tongue along the edge. It made the shoe look old and sun faded right out of the box without even getting anywhere near a trail yet. I expected better finishing on a shoe from a reputable company like Pearl iZUMi.
on May 5, 2014
I run about 5-6 days a week (40 miles total) all on trail and these are great shoes. Took them on a 15 mile run right out of the box and loved every second of the run. Lots of traction. Lacing system keeps everything in place. A very natural feel to them. Perfect shoe for neutral runners. I've got 3 pairs of them.
on April 23, 2016
This is my 2nd pair of this make/model. They took me through my first half marathon - - with a stress fracture, no less!!
Love these shoes, very cute and comfortable. I wear a size 11 so I'm always on the lookout for a great shoe that won't emphasize my long feet. These get lots of compliments, and better yet they give a solid performance on every surface (street, trail, or track). I'm now a loyal PI customer.
on August 5, 2014
These are the lightest trail shoes I've had. They are breathable and dry quickly. They allow my forefoot and toes to have a lot of room without feeling "sloppy." I've even run a few road runs in them and done a Zumba class (in a pinch, not planned), and they were fine. I also like the self cleaning feature. It really works!
on January 4, 2014
I have a neutral foot. I run about 20-30 miles per week. I love the rocking motion of this shoe on my foot.
on March 10, 2014
They fit nicely (like my Sauconys) with plenty of room in the toe box. Trail conditions were perfect for testing these shoes out. There were water crossings, ice, snow and lots and lots of slick mud. The shoes performed wonderfully and are my new "go-to" shoes! I highly recommend them!!
on June 6, 2014
short run as soon as they arrived and day 2 was a 4 hour trail run. No hot spots, feet and legs felt great.
on September 17, 2014
I'm an avid distance tail runner and had been looking at Pearl Izumi's for a while now. Some of my friend that race trail ultras have become very dedicated to this brand and now I understand why. The gentle rolling motion is subtle but really improves stride. I ran an 18 mile trail race in them right our of the box, no blistered and they performed amazingly! I promise you won't regret it!

See 1 answered question