5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully packaged and perfect for gifting!
Published on January 5, 2011 by K. Robinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Mislead by all of the positive reviews: Questionable quality
Published on December 30, 2011 by Mary

2.0 out of 5 stars Mislead by all of the positive reviews: Questionable quality, December 30, 2011
This review is from: PearlsOnly MarieAnt Black 8.0-8.5mm AA Freshwater Cultured Pearl Set (Jewelry)
I usually don't write reviews because I'm generally very happy with what I purchase off of Amazon. These pearls, at first glance, look very nice from the picture online; however, there is a reason why there isn't a zoomed up image of the pearls. They are very flawed, and the silver accents just serve to cover the flaws. The clasp (metal loop where the clasp loops into lock) is also bent and broken when I received it from Pearls Only. The packaging left a lot to be desired. When you open up the shipment bag, everything was packaged in a cheap clear plastic bag, willy nilly. The actual box holding the pearls was stained and all of the pieces were not even secured within the box. The metal where the earrings loop into your ears looks very flimsy and thin, which makes me weary that they will break after a few usages. The colorful decorative bags meant to store the pearls look at most worth $1.50! This set was definitely not even worth the $79 I paid for it. How can the list price be $395?! I bought it as a graduation present, and now I'm pretty embarrassed to gift it. It is a good thing I had it shipped to me first. If it went directly to the recipient, there would have been no way to take back the negative first impression.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overal nice set, February 2, 2010
Dema4 (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
This is a pretty nice set and worth the money, but the pearls do have some flaws. Luckily the silver casing around each one hides the imperfections pretty well. Overall we are happy with this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully packaged and perfect for gifting!, January 5, 2011
K. Robinson (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I bought these for my mother-in-law for Christmas and she LOVED them. The pearls come with care instructions, a letter of authenticity and a pretty little case to keep them in. The pearls themselves are large and shiny. They have a bit of a purple hue to them. I would reccomend these to women who like large cocktail and costume jewelry as they are quite large. My mother-in-law continues to get compliments on the set and wears them once a week!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but make no mistake, the pearls do have flaws, May 12, 2011
I just received this today and the packaging is very nice as well as the purses that came with the jewelry. The pearl size is pretty uniform throughout, the silver casings at the end of each pearl are larger than I expected so it takes away from the pearls, in my opinion. This will make a great graduation gift; and even though I knew about the flaws when I purchased it, I wouldn't pay this price again for the kinds of flaws on the pearls.

1.0 out of 5 stars stained my wife's neck, January 5, 2012
These looked great, but left black stains on my wife's neck. Not what I was hoping for, obviously. Fortunately she took them off before going to the party and was able to get the stains off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Different Item ???, July 4, 2012

But The Item I received is:

Grade: A,

Shape: A,

Body: A.

There are big differences between PearlsOnly Described on AMAZON and the true Item I received.

I do not know how to explain the differences? Mistake or Fraud???

1.0 out of 5 stars Hook Broke, January 21, 2012
I was very disappointed. The necklace hook broke the first time I tried it on. I did not even get a chance to wear the necklace. I was pleased when I received the set. It was packaged nicely. I would use caution when ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful set!!!, December 26, 2010
I received this set as a Christmas gift and I absolutely love, love love it!!! The pearls have a wonderful luster and the silver dividers add interest to the set. I have already received many compliments on this set. It looks expensive and is an excellent value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Pearl Set, August 22, 2010
This set was a birthday gift for my sister. It is a gorgeous set. She loved it and wears it frequently. She gets tons of compliments on these pearls. I would recommend this set to anyone who likes black pearls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Gift, February 1, 2012
I gave this set as a gift for my mom for Christmas. Be advised - the silver between the pearls does stand out, but for her (my) taste it was very attractive and ascetically pleasing. If you are looking for just a line of pearls, this is not the set for you. However, I personally love it. It adds a nice sparkle to an already very elegant looking jewelry set.

The packaging that the pearl set comes in is just wonderful. This small touch, yet has a huge impact. My mom loving having a nice padded case to put the pearls in right from the start, and the paperwork was great. Overall, you are getting alot for your money, the price is well worth it.