5.0 out of 5 stars Peavey Cirrus is the end all, be all bass !! The BEST !!, September 28, 2012
This review is from: Peavey Cirrus 4 - Bubinga 4-string Electric Bass
I will keep this simple. I have been playing bass for over 25 years and I've owned over 100 basses, and played just about everything.

The Peavey Cirrus is the BEST out of all of them. The neck feels like it was made just for me. The 35" scale is so easy to play and makes strings sound ten times better than a 34" scale neck.

The active electronics are dead quiet and studio ready. The controls are volume, blend, bass / mid / treble boost and cut. You can achieve most any sound on this bass.

It is a modern sound, so if you're looking for James Jamerson Motown, throw on a set of flats, use the neck pickup and cut the treble and you're there. For Jaco tone, do the opposite.

I like stuff like RUSH, Black Sabbath, Stanley Clarke, Level 42, etc and this bass is PERFECT for that style. It cuts through the band mix perfectly and you never get lost.

I know this review is for the walnut/bubinga Cirrus, and I own one. I also own an alder/maple and that is my main Cirrus. I love the wood combo. I consider this review for ALL wood combo Cirrus basses, just to be clear.

This bass is the only bass I will ever need or want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure awesomeness., September 4, 2013
This review is from: Peavey Cirrus 4 - Bubinga 4-string Electric Bass
Bought this Cirrus after my long expedition surfing the web in search for the right combo and finish.

Great bass. The neck is very easy to hold, yet spacious, making it very much playable. Personally, it was a great transition from my other bass that has high action.
Also, the 35" scale is really nice. Some seem to dislike it but I think it's great especially on this bass.

Sound, construction quality, and hardware are all probably the best I've seen--A set of high quality material that actually compliment each other.

No need to buy a $3~4000 bass that isn't even worth the money when the Cirrus is worth a lot more than you actually pay for. Even better than the high priced basses out there.
Great for beginners, great for long time players.