5.0 out of 5 stars why all the negative reviews?
I have a wonderful german/collie/lab mix named Timmy that easily weighs 90 pounds or more. Timmy hated it when my dad cut his nails. For the first time, I did it last night with standard $5 dog-nail cutters. He was pretty good, but obviously nervous and I think thrilled that I didn't hurt him. I thought the nails were still too sharp and maybe still too long, but I...
Published on November 5, 2008 by ExPatInAsia

1.0 out of 5 stars Bowser, beware!
Before you can actually use this product you first must accustom your pet to the PediPaws. Unless he or she is in a coma, your pet will absolutely despise the sound and vibration of it. Don't let that deter you! As the caring, dedicated pet owner that you are, you will persevere!

After one very long week, I learned that Sophie the dog is more patient than...
Published on October 10, 2008 by S. E. McHone

‹ Previous | 1 2 398 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Pedipaws Has Pros and Cons, October 27, 2008
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I have to give Pedipaws an average score. Here are the pros and cons of what I have found:

PRO
It wasn't as loud as my Dremel and my dog wasn't freaked out, but it dids take some coaxing for her to get used to the noise. Now my dog is fine with it.
I like the guard so my dog can't reach down and grab it, which could cause harm if a dog grabbed a Dremel without a guard.
I like that it takes the nails off in small amounts, so I don't overdo it and hit the quick.
For me, it is easy to use.

CON
It is battery operated using C batteries and I hate using batteries. I wish it was corded.
The file tool will eventually become dull and I will have to replace it and they are expensive. I am going to try to find a way to make my own, saving a lot of money hopefully!
The guard is a yellow color and makes it harder to see what you are filing.
You can't use much pressure at all or the wheel stops, which is a good thing, in that it is hard to cut into the quick, but bad in that it takes a long time to get the nail trimmed. You can only file for 3 seconds and then you move on to another nail, and do them all, then come back and do it all over again, which takes time and I mean TIME! So busy people, better to use the nail cutters.
I don't know how this will hold up in time. It is fine now, but it doesn't have the quality of a Dremel in my opinion.

So that is what I have found about my Pedipaws. Would I buy it again? Yes and no. Yes, if they made it to where you could adjust the speed more, so you could get more filed. I understand too much power would be bad, but just a little more power would do wonders. I would want it corded so I wouldn't have to buy batteries. Also an affordable way to buy extra file wheels. Then I would buy it. It would be a great thing. But like it is I would pass on it. If you have a dog who hates nail cutters, you might try this, but the noise might be another obstacle to overcome.
So my final verdict is: This could have been a great product, but like it is, it is just OK.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dremel tools works better, October 26, 2008
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I have found a drimel tool works much better, of course the noise and vibration senstation are still there, but the chihuahua has become more accustomed to it and i think takes a liking to that vs nail clippers, just make sure you pick the right sandpaper attatchement for it, the only downside is it throws the "nail dust" but it isn't impeded by the safety features of the pedipaws, and to me works much better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy a Dremel -- it works better., November 10, 2008
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I use a Dremel tool with a grinding drum on my dogs nails. You can vary the speed, there is no guard to obscure your view, and the dremel does an excellent job. My dog takes a nap while I do his nails. He didn't like it at first, but got used to it, and now it's a snap to do his nails. We keep them short, he walks without clicking, and his paws look very pretty!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a dream!, October 4, 2008
L. A. Alderman (NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I was a little unsure about this purchase since most "seen on tv" products are cheap and don't work. BUT I love this! It worked on my 50 lb dog and my little 15 lb dog. My little dog is scared to death of noises, but she wasn't bothered at all. They both actually liked getting this done. I was in shock! It trimmed their nails perfectly. I give this product 2 paws up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, November 23, 2008
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I bought this today to use on my three dogs. There nails were extremely overgrown. They do not like to have there nails clipped. It worked great and really took no time at all. I have one huge Lab, one Medium Lab, and a pug. They all have very thick dense nails. I would recomend this product to anyone. For those who say that they spend more time chasing there animals with it, and complain that their animals are terrified I would suggest that you calm yourselves down, and then approach your dogs with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted Money..., November 17, 2008
Just another girl... (Warrenton, Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I purchased this item at a local retailer, anxiously took it home and opened the box. To my dismay, the instructions were, `watch the video on our website before using this on your pet." I have dial up internet at home. Anyway, they instruct you to HOLD your pet until s/he becomes submissive (which is terrifying to most dogs) and acclimate them to the noise until the anxiety passes. You are supposed to lean/lay over your pet and secure each nail with your thumb and forefinger. Well, my Rottie is NOT tolerant to being pushed into submission, squished down to the floor while I'm grabbing at her nails. Usually, she sits in front of me and holds out her paw for nail clipping. This just doesn't work because of the angle you must hold the tool. (practically leaning over the dogs shoulder reaching around the neck or under the leg)

After I finally wrestled her down (all 120 pounds), the anxiety over the light humming noise passed and I was able to get 2 fingers on 1 nail...I pressed her nail against the grinding wheel slowly, but, it stopped! It doesn't have enough power to file the nails down! 2 "C" batteries just doesn't cut it. Where's the AC adapter for this thing!? What a terrible design! It only adds a little curve or takes the edge off. I can do this with a fingernail file while she sits in front of me with her paw in my hand! (without wrestling her into submission, laying on her, pinching her nails, getting my arm chewed on and bribing her with bacon).

Ugh, if you have a LONG time to spend on each nail, as I suspect you don't which is why you are thinking about purchasing a grinder, and you can get past the SMELL of the nail grinding (which even offended my dog) then maybe this would work for you. I expect it might work well if you have a small enough pet that you can position them without squishing them to submission.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, November 9, 2011
S. Griffin (Nebraska, unfortunately) - See all my reviews
Just did our big old baby Shepherd mix's paws with this last night - he was a little scared at first but with some cuddles he let me do all four paws. Each nail took about 15 seconds and filed nice and smooth at the tips.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap gimmick - Do not buy, November 2, 2008
Ty M. Trippany (St.Albans, Vermont) - See all my reviews
Pros - Good idea
Cons - Does not include batteries. Not enough power to file anything down.

My take: Skip over and keep with the traditional method.

Well this product has good intentions but just simply does not cut it. Even with brand new batteries (2 'C', not included) there was not nearly enough power to file down my dogs nails. I have a 65lbs lab. Maybe if you have a small dog it would work much better or perhaps on a cat. Almost as soon as I made contact with my dogs nails and the rotating file it nearly came to a complete stop with just a little force added. Not worth the money, just use regular clippers or file your dogs nails down with a real power drill with a similar attachment.

1.0 out of 5 stars This item stinks - literally!, March 3, 2009
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I tried this product on my two cats.....they were very apprehensive ofcourse - the product tells you that you have to take baby steps and get your pets used to the sound - turn it on around them for a few days leave it on the floor so they get used to seeing it, etc..... I tried that - they were still apprehensive, but that is not why I did not like it - this is what the commercials do not tell you - and I thought nothing of it until I got the product and tried it - it stinks!!! The smell of my pet's nail burning on the wheel almost made me hurl. It stunk up my entire house - I did not like it at all - my cats hated it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars does a good job, November 16, 2008
This review is from: PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer (Misc.)
I think this is a good product. I used it on my 90 pound lab and my 60 pound border collie and it did a great job on their nails. I hated using a nail clipper because my dogs were afraid of it. I let my dogs sniff the product while it was running and while it was off for 2 days before I used it on them so they could get used to it. When I went to actually use it on them they both just laid still for me and let me trim their nails. Definately would recommend this one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 398 | Next ›