5.0 out of 5 stars I no longer need a gas mask!
I am by no means an expert on dog food, but I am happy with the Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Dry Food. I have a large yellow lab, and I have purchased more expensive food for her in the past but it would give her horrendous gas and sometimes make her sick. This dog food does not make her gassy at all, and she eats every bit of it. I will continue to purchase it!
Published 8 days ago by lottie79

1.0 out of 5 stars Price Gouging
I used to get two of these per month with subscribe and save and they ended up being around $23 per 30 pound bag.

Good thing I checked the price before the next shipment was sent automatically. The price has almost doubled to a whopping $42.80 per 30 pound bag.

Published 17 months ago by Eric

1.0 out of 5 stars Price Gouging, January 17, 2013
Eric (Peoria, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Dry Food for Dogs, 30-pound (Misc.)

Amazon doesn't make it easy to shop for dry dog food. I'd like to see a way to sort by size. Most dog foods come in standard weights per bag and I'd like to be able to only look at the 30 pound bag and up sizes.

But that's neither here nor there. I can handle a simple search but doubling in price is where I will take issue.

The food itself is good, as far as my dogs are concerned. I guess. They've never complained so how am I to know?

It's too bad I have to give it one star because of the price jump. The huskies will not be happy to hear this.

1.0 out of 5 stars can you say price jump?, September 5, 2013
Dog food is pedigree and what it should be..... my complaint is I paid $23.00 two weeks ago. Now they have raised the price to $45.00. In the store you can get this same bag for $18.00. This type of unethical price gouging should not be allowed on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Goodness, wake up people, look at what is in this food, January 19, 2013
Jadecat (Lake Orion, MI United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Dog nutrition has come a long way, but this food, Pedigree seems to be stuck in the 80's. You know what kind of food they put out there for humans, junk food, artificially flavored and colored crap, and in dog food, Pedigree maintains those low levels of quality. This listing for the food does not even include the ingredients in it, the first food is ground yellow corn. What do the dog food knowledgeable people say about corn, "that it is a problematic grain difficult for dogs to digest and thought to be the cause of a great many allergy and yeast infection problems." The second ingredient is meat and bone meal. Now chicken meal, or beef meal or turkey meal is one thing, but this is just described as meat, do you have any idea of what kind of meat that is, nope. Most likely whatever is leftover when all the good stuff is taken out already. Third ingredient is corn gluten meal. Yeah, more corn crap, this is the residue of corn that is left after all the good stuff is taken out of it. The list of ingredients just does not get any better, see for yourself [...].

Now, I rescued a gorgeous 50 pound sweet as pie pitbull girl. Her rescue organization fed her Pedigree and gave me a bag of the food when I got her. They told me she doesn't always eat it, but will pick at it. I reluctantly put some of it in her bowl, not wanting to switch her off right away, and yes indeed, she picked at it. In no way did she love it. I couldn't stand it anymore and gave her some Acana Wild Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 29.7lb with Healthy Dogma PetMix Nut and Cherry Dog Food, 2-Pound mixed with fresh ground turkey. The dog practically salivated all over herself. Licked the bowl clean and hasn't missed a meal since. I know some dogs love this stuff, but my kids would eat Capn Crunch for breakfast all the time if I let them.

Do yourself a favor, and just research dog food, you don't have to believe me. Dogs do NOT need grains in their diet, wheat, corn and soy are no good for them at all. Acceptable, digestible grains can be rice, barley and oatmeal. And honestly, the price of good food, such as Fromms, Now, Acana, Taste of the Wild, is competitive with the price of this, and you are getting a lot more bang for your buck.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for my dogs, April 22, 2014
my dogs might eat this but this is a full of grains fillers ect, very little actual meat protein and i find out i pay more online than i would at walmart. i bought this when i was still learning about dogs diet. will never go back to pedigree again EXCEPT for there canned chopped chicken and chopped beef its the only product that they use brewers rice and not wheat nor soy nor corn. one of my 2 dogs a Labrador/german shepherd got skin allergies due to this kind of food. its just not a quality food. if you want cheap and still good get pure balance chicken and rice formula. i now use canidae all life stages chicken turkey lamb and fish meal formula. its a little more expensive but its well worth your dogs will love it and you will see the shine in the eyes and coat. i love my dogs it was a passion and pleasure to learn about there diets and what not. educate your selves.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEARLY NO PROTEIN - MOSTLY CORN & WHEAT, November 2, 2013
I feel horrible for feeding my dog Pedigree dog food for nine years. It wasn't until he got older and began developing problems that we were told to look at the ingredients in his food, so we did. I was absolutely shocked to find that the first seven ingredients were corn, wheat, or another grain. When it finally got to protein, which was way down the list, the ingredients listed it as "meat product". For the same price, we found much healthier dog food with lamb listed as the very first ingredient.

Now that I know, I feel horrible for feeding my dog Pedigree dog food for nine years.

5.0 out of 5 stars I no longer need a gas mask!, July 1, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Dry Food for Dogs, 30-pound, March 30, 2014
Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Dry Food for Dogs, 30-pound The food itself is good, as far as my dogs are concerned .

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Medium size chunks., December 13, 2013
daybyday "atkinsPro" (Montana.United States) - See all my reviews
These are medium size bites for adult dogs and pups. I prefer the smaller bites for my pups so will not get this size for a few months again. Otherwise a good price for 30 pounds of dry dog food!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pedigree Dog Food, October 26, 2013
I purchased this as a donation for Villalobos Rescue Center, but I have also purchased it for my own dog. It is a good basic food. Its not my dog's personal favorite, but he does eat it if I buy it and I have never had any issues with it. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars good food cheap, September 28, 2013
Dog likes it, so i'm happy, not sure how else to rate it. We have a big dog but I think this should last us all month.

Rate and Discover Movies