5.0 out of 5 stars one of my daughter's favorite
This is one of my 13-month-old daughter's absolute favorite books. It's one of those where we have to go through it 4-5 times before she's ready to put it down, and even then she often comes back to this book. Many times I've found her in her room, quietly turning the pages and making noises at the cute animals. I would highly recommend this book.
Published on February 6, 2003 by Emily Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed
I LOVE "Goodnight Kisses" by the same author. This left me disappointed with the cheap mirror at the end of the book. But, hey, it's a baby book and my baby seems to like it just fine.
Published on February 13, 2008 by E. Sumners

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my daughter's favorite, February 6, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter Loves It, March 14, 2006
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
My granddaughter is 2 1/2 years old and she loves this book every time I read it to her. I would definitely recommend this book. My only suggestion would be to buy it sooner than I did. Little ones love playing peek-a-boo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Involves Sight, Sound and Touch., April 23, 2003
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
"Peekaboo Kisses" by Barney Saltzberg.
Recently, I gave this book to my granddaughter, Tabitha, (22 months), who was obviously delighted. Each page brings up a different animal: kitten, puppy, sheep, duckling and then a mouse. As you say the words, "Peekaboo!", you open the flap of a page and there is the animal. Each animal has a tiny hole with the appropriate material: the "wool" for the sheep actually looks like some wool. The gray "fur" for the mouse, the last animal, is also a squeaker. An adult finger can cause the "Squeak!" every time, but Tabitha's little fingers had difficulty now and then.
Finally, you come to the last page. As it is opened (with the word, "Peekaboo!", of course), there is a metallic mirror where the young reader can recognize himself. When asked, "Who is that in the book?", my granddaughter would answer with her nickname, "Tabby". So, this book is excellent for both tactile training and self-recognition, while providing entertainment for both adult and child.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this book!, March 2, 2003
Amazon Customer "carolla92" (Bridgeton, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
I bought this book for my son when he was 10 months old. He is now 16 months and still loves it. It's so tattered and torn that we had to buy him a new one. It't definitly a book you'll read over and over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 8-month old's favorite book, October 29, 2002
stmarch "stmarch" (St. Paul, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
This book is great for the earliest interactive readers. The illustrations are simple and colorful, and the touch-and-feel parts easy to spot for babies who are just learning the game. There are a variety of textures to touch along with a squeaker and mirror - our daughter loves them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin' Peekaboo, March 26, 2004
"robbiekim" (Minonk, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
I took a chance and bought this- for far more- at a book store for my daughter who was 4 months old at the time. I couldn't believe how much she loved it and loves it still at 7 months. Rubbing the furry animals inside is her favorite part. I find myself getting into the book as well by making the sounds the animal would make. A good deal, price wise, too. The book store was almost double the cost! I plan to buy more of his books soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this book!!!, August 31, 2005
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
This is my one-year-old son's favorite book! He loves playing peekaboo, touching the texture of the animals, learning the animals' names, looking at himself in the mirror on the last page, and this book taught him what it means to kiss! Now he opens the flaps and kisses the animal! It's so cute. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This best Kissie book ever!!, July 17, 2008
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
We were given this book when I had my first child. He LOVED it. He would kiss all the animals over and over, opening each flap to do so. Pretty soon he was doing this all on his own! It was adorable. Now my daughter LOVES it too. She also will sit on the floor and open each flap to give each animal a kiss. We have read this so much it is held together with a lot of tape. Highly recommend to anyone with small children or even as a great baby shower gift. How can you go wrong with a book about kisses!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bedtime Reading, December 30, 2003
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
My five month old is just learning the concept of peekaboo, and this book gives us both smiles each evening. The large font is good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars my son's absolute favorite book at 18 months, February 8, 2009
This review is from: Peekaboo Kisses (Board book)
My son LOVES this book and Animal Kisses, but this is his favorite. It has held up pretty well but I wouldn't let him handle it on his own, like in the car or something. He is always bringing it to my husband to read it to him. He also likes to point to the animals and make the sound that the animal makes. We have also given it as a gift. A good purchase to make on Amazon since copies in a bookstore may be worn already -- that's what I found when looking to buy one for a gift.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Peekaboo Kisses
Peekaboo Kisses by Barney Saltzberg (Board book - August 1, 2002)
$8.99 $8.09