on March 31, 2009
what can I say my wife and I both love this shower head. Installation took me 15 mins. Its convenient to have a hand held and regular shower head in one. I switch between the two during my showers. The water pressure on the outer head could be a little stronger but thats the only negative thing I can find. I have been using this shower head for couple of weeks now. The first one I ordered it had a scratched dual adapter. so I talked to Amazon.com's CS they sent me a new one within 3 days!!

Don't forget to check out my video demo of this great shower head. You can see the 3 shower modes and different settings of the handheld.
4141 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 20, 2009
I note that several reviewers have downrated this item for leaking. I too on installation found it to have a severe leaking problem. After considerable frustrating investigation of the problem I found the solution. On the interior of the three way diverter where it attaches to the shower head there is a threaded piece that in my unit was not properly tightened as received. Tightening this piece with a large screwdriver or an allen wrench will solve the leaking problem. The inadequate installation instructions make no mention of this piece.
Therefore I consider this a 5-star product for which I deduct 2 stars for inadequate attention to assembly and installation instruction.
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 24, 2008
Update on 06/16/2010: This combo showerhead has stood the test of time, we all still love it, and I just bought another one for our daughter for her new apartment (a different showerhead just won't due after using this awesome one!). Of all the things I've bought on Amazon.com, this one has to be my favorite and such a great value. Over two years of use and it still looks and works like new. So buy it, already!

Update on 06/25/08: Now that we've all had a chance to use it, everyone in the family raves about this showerhead and handheld combination! It is adjustable so it does not spray into the face, outside the tub, or onto the far wall. We all agree this creates the best shower experience we've ever had. I'm considering snagging a few additional to give as gifts (baby shower, housewarming, Christmas, birthday, etc.), and one extra for the day we install a shower upstairs. We couldn't be more pleased!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We just received and installed this showerhead today, and it is exactly the type of innovative solution we've been searching for! We are extremely pleased with its fit, functionality, design and appearance, not to mention the extremely reasonable price!

As an older arthritis and fibromyalgia sufferer, I so appreciate the ease of use, the extra-wide spray of the showerhead, the variety of adjustments, and the lightweight design of the handheld shower. It is wonderful to be able to keep the hot water coming down and keeping me warm even while using the handheld showerhead, which also cuts down on the amount of bending and reaching. The spray adjustments are perfect for us; after half a century of living, one's skin starts becoming thinner and more fragile. We don't really need or want endless settings seemingly available on other models, including "pitbull", "jackhammer", "kung-fu kick" and oh, yes.... the invigorating "needles on steroids". The handheld showerhead will make it so much easier to take a quick shower, clean and properly rinse the tub; quickly and thoroughly rinse shampoo, conditioner (and haircoloring products) from thick hair; and even wash the cat! (She thinks she's a dog, so it's OK.)

We live in an older bungalow (built in 1915) in a rural area, and I worried that the showerhead would seem out of place, but that was not the deciding factor. We have a clawfoot tub with an oval shower-rod frame suspended from above, so it was important to find a showerhead that had the features we need and would enjoy, but one that would be lightweight enough for our current shower setup. None of the local stores had anything that would work out (too big, too heavy, only a showerhead with no handheld, or only a handheld with no overhead shower.) We would have preferred a longer hose, but this five foot one will be adequate, and the price really can't be beat. Longer hoses are available on Amazon.com. For example, search for: Globe Union 72" Shower Hose white.

I really don't mind that it is made of plastic. Luxury, like money, is relative. When I was a little girl, my bathtub was a number 2 washtub in the middle of a room in a primitive homestead shack in rural Idaho. Washtub Oval 2.25 Gal By today's standards, I believe that all of Idaho at that time would be considered beyond rural. Still, it was wonderful to have a woodstove to heat the water my mother pumped by hand.

I believe that in most parts of the world today, this showerhead would be considered quite luxurious. I am thankful that I was able to afford this, I am thankful to be able to shop at Amazon.com, and I know we will thoroughly enjoy the luxury this awesome showerhead will provide.

I hope this review was helpful to you in some way, and I hope you will give this neat invention a try. I give it my highest recommendation to anyone who wants an awesome shower, especially for anyone with children to bathe, or who suffers from arthritis, fibromyalgia, limited range of motion, chronic pain, or who owns a cat that thinks she's a dog. Have a good one!
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 22, 2009
NOTE: I've added some pictures to aid in my review of this wonderful device.

Awesome shower head that is night and day difference over anything else I've used. During the holidays we got a cheaper detachable hand shower head that didn't fit well into our shower space (those types tend to sit high above the tub and have a flat, narrow angle, spray). Anyway, after some research we decided to replace that with this Peerless two in one since it seems like a logical progression from both the regular heads and detachable handheld heads. Installion was easy, but the washers which came with our kit was the stiff plastic types that allowed leakage and reduce water pressure. Luckily we had the sturdy soft-rubber washers at hand to use with this head. Also our kit came short one washer (only 2, instead of 3) and I wasn't sure if the idea was to not use washers on the 3 joints, but you NEED washers on all the joints or the pressure will be less and the joints without washers will leak.

That said, once the head was up and running I was very pleased with the pressure and especially the wide flow angle of the main shower head. The center hand head has all the luxury options for pulse, massage and criss-cross spray which was a coveted feauture lacked on our previous head. My one gripe was the plastic hose. Out the box it was stiff, coiled up and stubborn to hang down. After a steady flow of hot water thru it the plastic softened up and it eventually broke-in and hung nicely from the head (see pictures).
I would've prefer a chrome-metallic vertebrae-style coil (similar to the ones you see on public telephones), since the plastic tends to mildew easier than a chrome-metallic coil. Many cheaper hand held heads come with chrome-metallic coils so I'm not sure why Peerless would opt for an even cheaper plastic coil. That said, it is not a bad coil. The plastic is very durable and high grade, but it still is plastic. Also you can easily replace the plastic hose with a metallic coil.

Overall this was a great choice for the shower. A+

PROS:
- Easy Installation
- Extraodinary creative and appropriate design
- Well engineered to provide even water flow and presure
- Sturdy Chrome-Metallic parts are durable as well as good quality plastic parts
- Wide Angle Spray/Multi Spray Adjust Head is second to none
- Massage spray = nice!
- Equally great water pressure on both hand-held head and the main head (see pictures)
- Very adjustable. Head base uses a 360 degree swivel joint

CONS:
- Kit comes with cheap plastic-like washers, get rubber ones and you'll get better water pressure, no leaks and be happier.
-Plastic hose should've been metallic chrome but that is my personal gripe as the plastic hose is still very good.
- Those with shower caddies that hang from the shower head pipe may need to relocate these caddies or buy new ones that suction to the wall. The handle of the hand held part and the hose may possibly obstruct any caddies that hang there.
- Those with tiny shower enclosures or very narrow tubs (less than 2 feet) may get spill overs as the spray angle of this head is wider than most normal shower heads.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 12, 2007
This item can be easily installed. It claims to require wrench or pliers, but if your hand grip is strong, you don't need them for installation. You may need tools to remove your old shower head. I ordered this instead of a 20-dollar-some Waterpik shower head because of its metal connector, vacuum breaker, and lifetime warranty.

The wide shower head makes wide water spray, which lets me feel I am in a rain of warm water -- a REAL shower. I set the diverter to allow more water to the handheld so that the center water pressure is strong, surrounded by wide soft spray. The handheld was a little tight when I tried to remove it from its holder, but a few uses have made it less tight.

One comment on the popular Waterpik TRS 559. When I was shopping for shower head a few weeks ago, I seriously considered TRS 559 because it was cheaper. Back then, its chrome and brushed nickel versions had separate sets of reviews, and a few reviews on the chrome version were negative because of broken plastic connector. However, amazon seems to have moved the chrome version reviews away, and now all you see are good reviews on the brushed nickel version.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 14, 2009
I figured the people complaining of leaks just didn't know what they were doing. Especially since most people don't even have the problem. When I installed this, I used teflon tape to ensure no leaking from the threads and only hand tightened... and none leaked. The gaskets that came with mine were fine...they are rubber and not plastic.

The problem is in the 3 way valve. It leaks from a built in seam which can not be accessed. And it doesn't just drip, it sprays. Someone suggested tightening an inside part of the 3 way valve with a screwdriver...the one I got was fully tightened already--I assume the refer to a brass threaded piece inside the 3 way valve. It leaked regardless.

If you ignore this review, just realize that you are taking a chance and this 5 minute project may turn out to take another week or two.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 2, 2007
Just got this from Amazon two days ago. Installed it with no tools and no problems. Simple and straight forward. I don't have good water pressure in my bathroom. This showerhead makes it feel like the pressure is much more. Best of the handhelds I've ever used. I've had the ones with one head on top of the other and the flow on this one is much wider. You can set the handheld part to several different sprays. I'd recommend it to anyone and would buy it again.
on July 1, 2008
This is an awesome showerhead for a great price! I see no need to spend on anything more expensive. It was super easy to install and it works great. The 2-in-1 feature is very nice. The outside gives a nice gentle spray and the inside has a variety of options. Also when you use just the inside the water pressure gets even stronger which is great if you have long or curly hair. I would note that if you are tall, say over 5' 10", your head may hit the showerhead because it attaches pretty low compared to other showerheads.
on June 21, 2008
I really like this product. At first I thought it was kinda ET looking, but went by reviews. When you step under the main shower head it is great... like a rainfall water shower but you can adjust it to not get in your face. It feels wonderful...a soft WIDE soothing shower with enough oomph to use alone. I was going to remove the waterflow restrictor, but not necessary - the pressure is fine. The handheld is a little tricky getting out but I think I will get used to it...much better than my old one - it was the kind with the small holder for the handheld that kept falling out and hurtling toward my toes. The handheld is light weight which is a plus for me and the settings are good. There's lots of versatility. I am an Amazon fan because of these reviews and their free shipping. And even though they have to charge sales tax now, it was still cheaper than at my local store.
on February 13, 2008
PROS: For the price and features, this product is adequate considering handhelds run $20. ($5 less would make it competitive)

The larger head feature is great on a cold night when the hot water covers the entire body all at once. The ability to detach to a hand held is nice to reach out of reach areas. It has different settings and water pressure was comparable to others.

CONS:
Water leaks from larger shower head when switching to the hand held.
The hose was shorter than others, needs another foot.