5.0 out of 5 stars The good ratings for the Peerless 76950 don't lie!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:30 Mins
what can I say my wife and I both love this shower head. Installation took me 15 mins. Its convenient to have a hand held and regular shower head in one. I switch between the two during my showers. The water pressure on the outer head could be a little stronger but thats the only negative thing I can find. I have been using this shower head for couple...
Published on March 31, 2009 by Nirmal

3.0 out of 5 stars The Leak Problem Solved
I note that several reviewers have downrated this item for leaking. I too on installation found it to have a severe leaking problem. After considerable frustrating investigation of the problem I found the solution. On the interior of the three way diverter where it attaches to the shower head there is a threaded piece that in my unit was not properly tightened as...
Published on January 20, 2009 by Wayne Schafer

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but not great, January 21, 2009
F. Whitby (Salt Lake City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peerless 76950 2-in-1 Shower System, Chrome (Tools & Home Improvement)
I bought this shower head and the 76410 double-head at the same time for both bathrooms. The other is the preferred. This one has a limited range of spray direction due to the design of the joint where the unit attaches. This one also has the more serious failing that the wand sprayer does not stay securely fastened to the fixed portion. It is designed to sort of pop into place and there is not a real positive mechanism for holding it. The result is that the wand pops off occasionally when one bumps the hose or handle while showering with the wand in its fixed position. I recommend getting the other shower head. Regardless, one must remember that these are inexpensive plastic shower heads and both are perfectly useful for their intended purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, August 8, 2007
this is the third showerhead of this model I have purchased for three different showers. I put 2 in senior housing because of the big spray pattern and the ease of operation

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, January 14, 2009
Louise (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
I had high hopes, but this showerhead simply did NOT work. I couldn't get it to stop leaking. So I figured that was due to my inexperience. So I hired a plumber to come out and install it properly. After working with it for almost an hour (with the $$$ clock running) and using all of his plumbing 'tricks', the plumber said that he also could not stop it from leaking, that it was defective. He told me to return it and get something else. That's exactly what i did!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's like getting more than you paid for., May 23, 2009
My trusty Waterpik shower head has traveled with me from apartment, to duplex, to my house. And at about 11 years old, the connector started leaking and the head itself was looking rather hit, so it was time to replace it.

My first thought was to buy another Waterpik, but at nearly twice the price, I decided to give the Peerless a shot. Thanks in no small part to the reviews here (and video!) I will say, I was hesitant about the removable head not having as many settings as my Waterpik. It wasn't until I had this installed that I was sure I had a keeper.

It's a shower head, so you don't need to be a plumber to install it. Have an adjustable wrench ? You're good to go. Have some teflon tape? Even better! The instructions were straightforward, and the project took all of about five minutes to complete.

Once I turned it on, I was really surprised by the amount of water flow. Set to "both", this thing will drench you! Removing the head and replacing it is really easy and can be accomplished without blocking the nozzles and spraying water all over the place. Initially, I thought my reservations had been justified with the few settings on the removable head, but being able to have the fixed shower head going while using the removable head is so great, I don't care that it only has four settings. That pretty much sealed the deal right there.

"Why only four stars, then?" you ask? The overall design can really be improved. You have chrome going to brown plastic, back to chrome, back to brown plastic, and turquoise nozzles. I love the 80's as much as anyone, but I'm not all excited about stepping back in time when I take a shower. I didn't think it would bother me much when I bought it, but it really is kind of atrocious after having used it for about a month.

I like the shower head too much to replace it, but if Peerless came out with an all-chrome model, I'd buy it in a heartbeat and give this to a friend. As long as you don't mind (or can live with) the way it looks, this is an awesome value.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, after a minor modification, November 26, 2008
M. Emery (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a very good shower head with unique design and functions really well. My only problem when I first installing it is it was too low. My shower arm is exactly like the one in the picture. See how far and lower this thing sticks out? It brings the shower head about 2 or 3 inches closer to your head, and in my case, hit me in the neck. I found a simple solution from a third-party seller on Amazon: a Shower Arm S Style Chrome

Got it in two days, installed it in 5 minutes. Not only it raised the shower head, it also brought it closer to the wall giving me more room. Now I'm totally happy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Significantly changes the water output point of your shower, July 12, 2009
Gcat (Vancouver, WA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This showerhead extends your shower arm by many inches downward which can cause problems with the water flow output point. In my shower, it caused the water to be coming out too low. (My shower arm rough-in is 76" high and I'm 5'9".) So I went and bought an S-shaped shower arm replacement to elevate the shower head by about 8 inches. Now the water comes out high enough but shoots out too far meaning I have to stand farther away than I'd like. This would be fine if the showerhead could angle so it points more downward but the ball-and-socket joint prevents it from doing so. Depending on your personal shower preferences and layout, these issues might not be a problem, but for me, I'm in the market for a new showerhead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not great, June 17, 2009
Tim (Balimore, MD) - See all my reviews
My experience with this showerhead has not been as great as others, though not terrible either.

First, I did have some leakage problems. My package came with 3 black, soft rubber washers like it is supposed to. However, I was still getting leakage where the showerhead screws onto the shower arm (yes, I used Teflon tape). After some frustration and wasted time, I finally got it installed leak-free.

I think the trick was to screw it on tight, but not too tight. Mine stopped leaking when I put it on as tight as I could using a wrench with only my hand strength, without using my body weight for extra torque. Putting it on too tight seemed to deform the washer and cause leaking. I've changed a few showerheads in my day, and I've never had one this touchy.

As for the performance of this shower head, you should note that the handheld shower head has the exact same 4 options as most common 4-spray Delta heads. Don't get me wrong...the Delta 4-spray is a pretty good showerhead. But maybe I was a little less impressed with the Peerless than other reviewers because I have had a handheld 4-spray Delta in my other shower for awhile, making the Peerless not seem very new and exciting to me.

Now, this Peerless adds the additional, stationary shower head to what the Delta offers. However, the stationary head doesn't do very much for me. Using the stationary shower head gives good spread, but is very "soft" feeling. While it does nicely spread warm water over your body, personally I am most interested in a high pressure spray that really rinses out the shampoo and soap. I even removed the green flow limiter (that limits flow to 2.5 gallon/min) from the stationary shower head and the flow still feels too soft for my liking. This includes when just the stationary head is activated and when both heads are activated (when both are activated, the handheld pressure weakens). I guess the spray from the stationary head just isn't my style, but others do seem to like it.

So, it looks like I will be using the handheld-only option, which is the exact same experience as using the less-expensive Delta in my other shower. But, I guess it's not bad to have the other options available...perhaps my wife will decide she likes to use the stationary head. Also, I can't complain too much since the Peerless was only $30 (I believe the Delta was $20 - not a big difference).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shower from a good showerhead., August 5, 2008
I like almost everything about this shower head.

I don't find it fragile. I like the pressure and I like the different spray patterns from the hand unit.

I like being able to use the hand unit while still being showered from above.

As for the person that thinks this thing is not a water saver, this shower and all other showers legal for sale in the United States are 'low flow' devices. If it drains water faster than the 'low flow' standard, it is not a legal product.

My problem with this head is personal--I've got one of those "automatic shower cleaner" thingies hanging below my shower. This shower head makes it impossible to keep that item in the shower.

Since I'm more attached to a clean shower than I am to this shower head, I returned it for a hand shower of more compatible design. The showering experience is still nice, though not as good as with the Peerless 2-in-1.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not The Best, September 29, 2010
K. Faust (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
I had to buy a new showerhead and I did tons of research. Nothing makes me more upset when, despite all my detective work, I buy something that lets me down. This showerhead was not a let-down but it was not the miracle of modern science that everyone claimed it to be.

Changing from one spray to another is annoying since you have to put your hand in the stream. Also, it does not CATCH as you switch from one setting to another. There's kind of a gentle bump to let you know that you should stop turning the dial. This is annoying and often I am in-between settings.

Turning on the outer shower ring lowers the pressure on the inner handheld. This makes sense but it almost defeats the purpose.

The pros are, it's a good shower, good pressure (that's why I bought it, to replace a showerhead I had with sucky pressure). Looks nice. Good length on the hose.

Overall, three out of five. Better than average but not great or the best ever. Next time I will buy a well-ranked handheld without the other ring. This will prevent the pressure from going down when I turn it on, and the spray dial will be outside of the showerhead so I won't have to stick my hand in the shower stream and fight the current to change the setting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great showerhead!!!, March 27, 2008
This unit replaces a "Home Depot" store brand piece of junk that caused my pipes to leak!!! Anyway with half way decent water pressure (think crummy NYC apartment) this unit provides a decent stream. Also the hand shower is a nice size not to large like some other units. Only caveat is the hand shower has 3 settings which are pretty unremarkable. But overall for the price a nice shower unit.

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›