Peg Perego Convertible Premium Infant to Toddler Car Seat, Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Reversible-Can be used rear facing for children 5 to 45 lbs. and forward facing for children 22 to 65 lbs.
- Side Impact Protection protects child's head,neck and spine; Easily adjusts to 10 different positions, even with child in the seat, ensuring the best and safest fit
- Energy-absorbing foam, EPS throughout the seat protects child's head and torso from impact forces, a shock absorbing foam element device located below the shell crumples upon impact, reducing stress on child's neck and shoulders in the event of a crash
- Contoured Steel back plate minimizes flexing and reduces forward movement; Contoured base provides extra stability in any seating position
- Top tether hook increases stability in forward-facing mode and limits forward movement; Adjustable Latch connectors add stability and are easy to reposition for rear-facing or forward-facing installation
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Comfort and Safety, with the look of luxury!
Safety and Convenience
The Primo Viaggio Convertible follows child from infancy through the toddler years by converting from a rear-facing to a forward-facing car seat. This premium seat provides maximum safety and is made with the highest quality of materials, providing complete safety and peace of mind to parents of little ones. It offers added safety features, such as adjustable Side Impact Protection (SIP), a Shock Absorbing Foam Element (SAFE) device and Expanded Poly Styrene (EPS) energy-absorbing foam.
Comfort and Style
The Convertible was designed to provide the utmost in safety and fashion. Parents will find the innovative Fresco Jersey performance fabric to comfortably suit their little ones by offering quick moisture absorption and ventilation. The fabric collections also present a chic and stylish look that would be a welcome addition to any vehicle.
Rear Facing Longer
The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends parents keep their children rear facing until they reach their second birthday, or they reach the maximum height or weight for their seat. The Convertible allows a child to sit rear facing up to 45 pounds, as long as the child’s head is at least 1-inch below the headrest edge. It's comfort recline keeps child in the perfect position for relaxation and allows extra room for growing children.
Primo Viaggio Convertible Highlights
- Rear Facing - 5 to 45 lbs.
- Forward Facing - 22 to 65 lbs.
- Side Impact Protection (SIP)
- EPS throughout Shell
- Fresco Jersey Performance Fabric
- Made in Italy
Primo Viaggio Convertible Key Features
A Shock Absorbing Foam Element (SAFE) device located below the shell crumples upon impact, reducing stress on child’s neck and shoulders in the event of a crash.
AdjustableSide Impact Protection
Side Impact Protection (SIP) protects child’s head, neck and spine. Easily adjusts to 10 different positions, even with child in the seat, ensuring the best and safest fit. Energy-absorbing foam, Expanded Poly Styrene (EPS), in shell and head panel protects child’s head and torso from impact forces.
Energy Management System
A contoured steel back plate minimizes flexing and reduces forward movement upon impact. Steel pins collect energy and dig into base of the seat to reduce the stress felt on child.
The Primo Viaggio Convertible reclines in rear facing mode to provide a relaxing angle for child. This also allows for extra room for growth, keeping little one rear facing for a longer period of time.
Top Customer Reviews
Incidentally, I bought a $60 convertible seat for travelling and returned it right away. Both of these seats are heavy and substantial, which makes me feel way safer about my daughter riding in them.
- It is certainly easier to get our 3-year-old in and out of this car seat than it was in our original Chicco seat.
- Our daughter likes the comfort and is really impressed with how it looks (she chose the color herself). She has fallen asleep in it twice this month versus having never fallen asleep since changing to a forward-facing Chicco.
- I personally don't care that much about the aesthetics as long as it isn't ugly - if you have a car seat in your car, you know what? You have a car seat in your car, there's no way around it. But I will admit, I do like the nice red pop on my grey interior.
- There is no cup holder included, and Peg Perego charges $25 for the add-on.
- Cost. Don't buy this car seat if your are on a budget, just get a Chicco or Britax. Don't be fear-mongered into over-spending your budget because you want your kid to be as safe as possible. This is a luxury item.
In summary - buy this car seat over a cheaper brand if you want a slightly more convenient operational experience over a Chicco. I would probably start with a Chicco and make sure it doesn't work for you before upgrading. We needed an additional car seat so we upgraded because the release button is slightly harder to press in our Chicco (first world problems), it was an unexpected bonus that our daughter can fall asleep in it.
-SUPER Easy to install.
-Easy to adjust.
-Comfortable for baby.
-The huge rear facing limit (45 lbs is currently the highest on the market)
-Fits well in SUV's
-Use from birth to booster
-In small cars it is much to large for rear facing. I tried this in a friends hatchback and it was jammed between the seats in the middle which just isn't safe :(
-The price tag is a bit high, BUT it would work from birth until booster so its not that bad if you think about it.
I have a 2012 Honda Pilot and the latch installation took a matter of seconds. It's easy to move from car to car with the seatbelt installation also.
I tried the Britax Advocate and the Recaro ProRide before settling on the Primo Viaggio and I'll tell you- this seat is wonderful and absolutely worth the price. It's not a behemoth like the others, but boasts all of the safety features you want, and incredible style to boot. My kid loves it- super comfortable without drowning in a bunch of fabric, sits up nice and tall for an optimal window view, and the quality is above and beyond the others.
Stop researching now and buy this seat. I'm picky, and frugal, and after purchasing my first seat in Red, I immediately turned around and purchased another in black for my husband's truck. You and you munchkin will be glad you did!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We have this in one car and a hand-me-down Britax Marathon in the other. This one is so much better, that when we know we are going on long road trips we make sure that, no matter... Read morePublished 15 days ago by BabsMagoo
Very high quality construction. The fabric it's very nice and looks. Expensive. The red color is beautiful. Once you buy an expensive car seat like this, you won't go back. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Kassie
I bought the Peg Perego Infant 30/30 carseat and thought it was great quality. So when I was looking for a convertible carseat and discovered Peg Perego had one I decided to go... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Junebug Mom
Great seat. I'm giving it 4 stars, rather than 5, for the following reasons:
1) When we first received it, the seat was defective. Read more
My son is very comfortable in it. He doesn't sweat, which typically on the other Britax seat he does.Published 16 months ago by Vanessa Prater
Was searching long and hard for a convertible car seat to fit rear-facing in the back of my Scion TC which is so small that even an infant seat used to push the passenger seat... Read morePublished 23 months ago by suzymcd
My grandson seems very comfortable in this. It adjusts to a perfect angle so that when he falls asleep, his head isn't falling forward.Published on January 13, 2014 by Danilovesshoes
For the price this product was not north it. I though the the brand name with bring something special but it doesn't. Read morePublished on November 19, 2013 by Timea