Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on April 25, 2009
We have had this ride-on for a few weeks now and the kids are impressed with the power and speed. We have a wooded yard with some slopes and hills and the 24V has had no trouble zooming around the land. The 12V vehicles we have had could never make it up the grassy slopes nor through the rugged terrain so they always had to go back and forth on the driveway. We were skeptical as to whether it would get around or not, but it has not let us down. Our boys, 6 and 8 years old, are both busy picking up sticks and firewood from all over the yard and hauling it back to the fire patio. We are very pleased with this Polaris!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2010
We have had the Peg Perego Polaris RZR for more than a year and it still brings miles of smiles to my 4 and 6 year old every time they drive it. We have had several Power Wheels and Peg Perego vehicles, but the RZR is far superior to all of them, and it's still faster than an 18V Power Wheels. Run time on the 24V battery is good (about an hour at full throttle), but it wouldn't hurt to have a spare battery on hand. Leg room for a taller or older kid can be a bit tight, but it still has far more leg room than the Gator and most Power Wheels. The radio and MP3 jack are cool features, although it's far too easy for kids to leave the radio on thus draining the AA batteries.

The RZR is pretty rugged and has never suffered any significant damage jumping off curbs or generally being abused. The working rear suspension really helps to smooth things out, although you should pay close attention to the plastic pins that secure the lower end of the shock to the trailing arm. Mine had a habit of coming out so I replaced them with a real nut and bolt. Problem solved.

Although the truck is really rugged, there are still alot of plastic parts that will break if the truck is really abused. For instance, the plastic brush guard on the front breaks fairly easily if you run into something, and the faux lights on top of the roll bar are a bit flimsy, as is the roll bar. Finally, the latch on the 'seatbelts' is not very rugged, so if you use the seatbelts, which you should, plan on having to replace them from time to time. Parts for this thing are really inexpensive.

The truck is really safe for both driver and passenger, and we have never had a kid fall out or otherwise get hurt driving or riding in the truck. At $699 the RZR is not cheap, but it goes on sale at Toys R Us from time to time. Peg Perego has been fantastic when I call them with warranty issues or need parts, and their willingness to back this product is one of the reasons I recommend this toy so highly.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2010
We LOVE this ride-on. I got this for my son's 4th birthday. He's on the tall side and this was the only ride on toy large enough to accomodate his long legs. This one's top speed is 7 mph which is faster than the smaller Power Wheels but he can easily handle it. You can also lock out the high speed until the child is ready to go faster. He rides mainly on pavement and the battery lasts between 3-4 hours of non-stop use. We got a second battery to have on hand for those long summer days. Swapping the batteries requires a screw driver but only takes a couple of minutes. It works well in grass and goes over curbs with ease. We purchased it at Toys R Us store to save on the outrageous shipping prices and paid to have it assembled. It's quite large and would only fit into our Ford Explorer with the rollbars removed. We're very satisfied with this purchase and recommend it to others.
review image
on July 19, 2014
This is easily the best 24volt vehicle on the market. When your kids outgrow the 12volt vehicles, this is the one to buy. I bought this for my son at 4 ½ years old. He had outgrown the green John Deer 12 volt ride on. So far, he has had it for two years and drives it almost everyday over 3 acres. The thing is a tank. He runs it flat out. I have had ZERO problems. He runs over curbs, drives his friends around, and does spinouts on the pavement. He just loves this thing. I installed a light kit for the headlights and tail lights because he was always begging to ride it at night. It is important to charge it fully after each use. Assembly took me about 4 hours so I don't recommend assembling the night before Christmas. I think he will be able to use it about one more year. At 7 to 8 years old, depending on the child, they are just going to be too big. The next buy will be the Polaris 170cc or Chinese clone of the Polaris 170cc. Until then, it has been all smiles with this vehicle.
on August 31, 2009
The only complaint I would have about this product is that when it arrived it did so without a battery. I called Peg Perego and informed them of this and they said they would ship me a battery out regular mail. the problem with that was it was my grandsons birthday the next day and he had the new Razr but couldnt play with it for 4 days when the battery showed up. I offered to pay the difference in shipping between reg mail and overnite and they would not do that for me.
on December 6, 2008
This car is perfect for our big boy. It has a lot of power and goes fast. Of course, he wishes it would go even faster but then it would be dangerous.
Your kids would be lucky to have this peg perego!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2010
My grandchildren love the Peg Perego Polaris Ranger Rzr. They can listen to the radio when they ride. The battery life is good and both children can ride at the same time. The body is plastic and one of the seatbelts has already broken. Have not notified company yet for this.
on January 1, 2010
We were very disappointed by the overall quality of this Polaris, since most of it is plastic and its not quite strong. In the first try, part of the defense broke..But more problematic is that the so called " smart pedal" has serious misfuntions, and it is not safety to drive this car!! The car keeps running even though the kid isn't touching the very careful, my kid was very frightened the car wouldn't stop , he wasn't pushing on the pedal but it didn't come back!! He had 2 accidents in 5 minutes and wouldn't use the car again..What kind of product quality is this? For this amount of money, we hoped we would have a much better product!!
on January 30, 2010
My 3 year old asked for nothing but this Polaris for Christmas. He loves it. Has been driving power wheels ever since he could press the go button. He's a pro and this vehicle matches his advanced skill. Easily handles reasonably sized mulch and snow mounds. Great speed, great look, and great fun. Pricey, but worth it. As usual, Amazon had the best price with free shipping!
on August 21, 2010
These are junk coming from Peg Perego!!! They say that a 5 to 10 year old will fit??? NOT TRUE.. My twin 7 year old would not fit at all.. When I sent them back which was a huge pain in the !@#. Because their shipper lost on of the cars (how do you loose a box that is 6' x 3' I don't really understand that) but it is not worth the issues of coarse if you child is a considered "little people" they just might fit. (not making fun of of little people)