Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on June 26, 2013
My use for the 1010 was to weatherproof an alarm keypad. I spray painted the inside, in order to hide the keypad from view. The assembly is mounted next to my garage side entry door, and is used to un-latch the door or the gate to the backyard (Via the automation controller).
Before starting the project, I contacted the manufacturer regarding possible long term UV damage; I was told that their enclosures have been used for years in similar outdoor applications.
The pad has been exposed to the elements for over five years without failure (There is some slight yellowing). An identical keypad mounted on the front porch, without the box, failed after 4 years.
on September 16, 2011
I bought this case to hold my MP3 player (Cowon S9) and a set of IEMs. Everything fits nicely - the S9 is very snug top-to-bottom, with about 1/4" of space left on one side. There's plenty of space on top to put your IEMs or any other small accessories. I will say that the dimensions are slightly different than what's in the description due to the rubber liner. It reduces the inner dimensions to approximately 4.25 x 2.74 instead of the 4.37 x 2.87 in the description. The interior height of the case is reduced by a very small amount as well. While the case can be used without the rubber insert, it is necessary in order to create a watertight seal, so potential buyers should be aware of the slight difference in dimensions. I was hoping that it would fit the S9 with the headphones still plugged in, but I must have mis-measured, because even with the liner removed, the headphone jack still sticks out quite a bit past the edge of the case. Still a 5-star case though; I can't really fault it for my own measuring errors.
review image review image
Pelican water and air tight cases are the gold standard in portable gear storage.
I have four different sizes of these guys. You can put quite a bit of stuff in them and are only limited by your needs or imagination. I use them to organize things rolling around in my truck. When things are out of sight in my vehicles they might as well not exist because I forget they are there. I have two of those in my center console.

One 1060 (the big one) is for mints, tylenol,,Chapstick, eyewash, pens, spare pens, sharpie markers., The other 1060 is for keys, extra keys, hitch lock key, wheel lug key, knife, box knife, spare gun magazine, small roll gorilla duct tape. Both have clear top so you don't have to dig through them to see what you're looking for.

They are tough. They get thrown around. Your tuff will be at hand, organized, and dry.

My 1050 (medium one) and 1020 for small, I keep some of the head flashlights and respective size batteries. Plus if you are on an outdoor adventure you can dump any cases out and refill with the must keep dry stuff.

Oh,and the reason I let you know about the other sizes and not just one specific model is that most are pondering which size to get, and what can fit in them. Any smaller than 1020 is for iPod, cell phone, etc.
on May 9, 2012
I have previously used the Otter cases, but my brother raved about these, so I went ahead and got this one to hold my Solite headlamp.

I'm definitely impressed! It's waterproof and lined on the bottom with a rubber material. It's waterproof and has a vent valve in front for sudden pressure changes. It's constructed very sturdily and will take a lot of abuse. I really like having the clear top so that I don't have to open it to make sure everything is in there.
on July 31, 2013
Pelican is a widely recognized brand that has a great reputation for keeping items safe, clean, and dry and this is no exception. I use this case to keep extra cell phone and flashlight batteries and a few other miscellaneous items including a USB flash drive. I keep this case attached to my Kelty backpack at all times and I now consider it a "must have" for me.

Though this case is a bit small for most smart phones and other tech items that you would like to keep dry, it is the perfect size for accessories. I have a Galaxy S4 and I am able to keep 2 extra batteries as well as 2 extra Ultrafire batteries for my Fenix TK21. I also keep my USB drive in there for when I need data to go.

Pros: Safe, secure, dry, and clean

Cons: a bit small, but not a huge deal.

Overall: This is a GREAT case that I would recommend for anyone who needs to keep some tech accessories with them!
on December 22, 2012
This is my first go around with a small Pelican case (I have the 1510 carry on and it works like a charm!).

Reason for buying:
I bought this to protect the numerous thumb drives that I have acquired over the years. I wanted something that would not only keep them in one place, but be able to stand up to the elements and getting knocked around in a bag during travel. I also purchased the pick n' pluck foam insert to keep things from jingling around inside the case

Pros:
Durable - The 1010 case has a solid construction and the rubber bottom inside also forms the seal around the entire lip of the case). Haven't put it through the elements yet, but I have confidence it would do just fine.
Versatile - You can easily pull the foam insert out and fit loose items such as money, credit cards, a pocket knife, medicine, etc to have your essential items in an easy on-the-go case.

Cons:
Size - it is a bit too big for just being a thumb drive case, however I plan on using it for multiple items when traveling (I knew this when I bought it). If you're looking to store flash memory, then you might opt for a slimmer Pelican case.
Carabiner ring - the carabiner that the case comes with is a bit cheap feeling but it's not a deal breaker by any means. The opening however is too small and only fits small sized carabiners. Pelican would be better off having an opening that can fit a regular size carabiner; it would make it that much more useful to clip onto backpacks or a belt loop.

* Note, this case will not fit an iPhone 4/4s... I tried mine just for kicks and it is just a hair too big for the case. Then again, I believe Pelican makes a case specifically for smart phones if that's what you're looking for.
review image review image review image
on December 13, 2014
Used this to make a toddler first aid kit for my diaper bag, and vacation travels. As expected for Pelican, it's sturdy and water resistant. I don't know if you could submerge it, but I only need it to survive rain. I hook it on the outside of our diaper bag to save space. I've been stopped many times by people asking where I got it. It easily holds bandages, burn creams, toddler specific medications, tweezers, nail clippers, etc. I have a bit of extra space! Well worth the price, I will be buying a larger one for an adult first aid kit.
on March 2, 2016
I've bought a bunch of these in various sizes over the year. I have two of them in my jet skis to keep paper and some emergency cash, and I have another one that I use to store my in ear monitors. Over all I think that these cases are good and keep my stuff well protected, but whenever I get a new one the inside always has a really noxious chemical smell that I find really unpleasant. The smell does eventually go away, but it takes a long time for that to happen, almost two weeks of the product sitting out in the open. I really wish that that weren't the case.
on June 20, 2016
Works as advertised. I love these small Pelican cases to hold many small items that I don't want to get wet or lose! I purchased this red one and also a blue one. Like other items on amazon, the cost is dependent on the color of the case, so if the color doesn't matter to you, look at several colors to find the least expensive one! Price varies wildly depending on color!
on February 15, 2016
You can't really go wrong with a Pelican case. You just need to pick the size you need, pick a color, and find a good deal. This fit all the above and ended being a very good solution for my needs. While this is the smallest version I've purchased, I have other Pelican cases up to suitcase size, have been quite happy with the performance and longevity of each, and would not hesitate in purchasing another for the next time I need something like this.

As a side comment, when I can't find a Pelican that is the size I want, I'll also consider Nanuk cases, which are of comparable quality.