Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Color: BlueChange

on September 6, 2009
I am extremely satisfied with a tip I recently saw under another customer's product picture: The Pelican 1010-026-100 Micro Case fits the Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera just perfectly!

Because of another review, I was a bit worried about the clear lid, which doesn't have extra protection inside, but the camera is very snug and secure in the case, it doesn't wiggle at all.

Now I am looking forward to my next air travel, when the camera is clearly visible for security personnel at the checkpoint, because overseas I often had to remove my cameras from their bags. This case should speed up the check-through significantly!
on October 27, 2008
I have the Pelican 1020 Micro-Case in Mossy Oak (No carabiner).

Inner Dimensions: 5.31" x 3.56" x 1.68"
Outer Dimensions: 6.37" x 4.75" x 2.12"

These are the claims:
* Water resistant, crushproof, and dust proof
* Easy open latch
* Rubber liner for extra protection doubles as o-ring seal
* Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve - balances interior pressure, keeps water out
* Stainless steel hardware
* Carabiner
* Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
* Available in clear with color liner or solid

It's a good size. I haven't fully tested it, but I wondered about the "Crush Proof" claims so we drove a Chevy Lumina over it. Case and contents (various survival stuff including a lensatic compass) were undamaged. Pretty impressive.
on December 13, 2014
I love pelican cases. This is probably the 3rd or 4th that I've owned. It seems well crafted, but my main point of contention is that both Pelican and Amazon list the interior length as 6.5". I ordered this because my iPhone 6 Plus, with case, is 6 7/16" long (It WOULD fit my phone without the case, but not with it). Sadly, my phone won't fit in the padded area of the case since it's only about 6.25". I'll probably hang onto this case since I can still fit my phone in the "lid" portion and still have it seal correctly, but it would be nice if the listed dimensions were correct.
review image
on June 26, 2013
My use for the 1010 was to weatherproof an alarm keypad. I spray painted the inside, in order to hide the keypad from view. The assembly is mounted next to my garage side entry door, and is used to un-latch the door or the gate to the backyard (Via the automation controller).
Before starting the project, I contacted the manufacturer regarding possible long term UV damage; I was told that their enclosures have been used for years in similar outdoor applications.
The pad has been exposed to the elements for over five years without failure (There is some slight yellowing). An identical keypad mounted on the front porch, without the box, failed after 4 years.
on August 5, 2007
In the past, I've owned a few el cheapo varsions of this item which cost 1/2-1/3 of the price (notably the style currently seen at some of the big box retailers). It is worth spending a little more $ to get the real thing. These boxes are fantastic at keeping your gear dry and protected. I had the closure on one of my boxes finally give out, but that was only after several years of service and abuse.
on April 7, 2013
I have a Galaxy Note II phone with a 2 layered, 5mm thick case (silicone inside with plastic piece hugging it). The phone fits *perfectly* in this case. It is snug; the rubber inside this Pelican is soft and pliable.
There are 2 things that make Pelican boxes my first choice - and they the are the things that separate them from the Otter boxes.
The first is that the plastic piece you flip open is 1 piece. I can not tell you flippin hard it is to open both little tabs on an Otter box, especially when your hands are freezing or the box is covered in mud.
The second is the lack of an O-ring. I have no idea how Pelican does it, but every Pelican I've had has been perfectly water tight.
It's normal to have some animosity about plunging your $600 phone under water, but I've done it, and I assure you, it came out bone dry. This size is perfect for a large phone or one of the large battery chargers. I can't say enough good things about these boxes.
on September 16, 2011
I bought this case to hold my MP3 player (Cowon S9) and a set of IEMs. Everything fits nicely - the S9 is very snug top-to-bottom, with about 1/4" of space left on one side. There's plenty of space on top to put your IEMs or any other small accessories. I will say that the dimensions are slightly different than what's in the description due to the rubber liner. It reduces the inner dimensions to approximately 4.25 x 2.74 instead of the 4.37 x 2.87 in the description. The interior height of the case is reduced by a very small amount as well. While the case can be used without the rubber insert, it is necessary in order to create a watertight seal, so potential buyers should be aware of the slight difference in dimensions. I was hoping that it would fit the S9 with the headphones still plugged in, but I must have mis-measured, because even with the liner removed, the headphone jack still sticks out quite a bit past the edge of the case. Still a 5-star case though; I can't really fault it for my own measuring errors.
review image review image
on January 20, 2009
The Pelican series Dry-boxes are ideal for carrying anything you don't want to get wet. I used this particular box for Kayaking to take out my phone and point-and-shoot digital camera. The Panasonic Lumix LZ7 was a typical (not slim) pocket cam and my phones ranged in size. They always seemed to fit together in the box though with room to spare. The lanyard is *just* large enough to fit around itself so that you can attach it to something (my kayak's webbing in my case).

Two cautions though. If any moisture, from your wet hands, or just on accident while the top is open, gets in the dry box and you then shut it and have it in the sun it will become like a greenhouse/rain forest in there. I recommend the opaque top models so that this isn't an issue. The other caution: If you're in salt water and it becomes submerged then rinse the hinges with fresh water when you get back home or else they will rust. Even with rust on the hinges it still works though...

Never ever ever had a drop of water enter the case while the top was latched shut. That's the point right? I'm buying a larger case since I've moved up to a better camera but I'm going right back to Pelican. Keeps the water out, easy to use, long life, no wear...
on June 5, 2008
For the price, you can not honestly find a better case for your hand-held equipment. After many years using these cases in the military, I can attest -- first hand -- that these cases are durable. I've actually seen one fall out the back of a landing aircraft and survive the impact (including the contents inside). After that, I was sold. I've got one of these for my GPS, my digital camera (Pelican 1010), even my camcorder (Pelican 1050). I love the idea that I can throw it in a backpack and don't need to worry about it getting crushed or wet. The bottom line: It's a great case, and I have no reservations recommending it.
on August 9, 2010
I used this case to keep my phone & camera in while rafting down Kenai River. It worked exactly as it's supposed to. Everything inside was dry as could be. Everything outside was totally drenched. Lightweight, sturdy (it got banged around on the raft & in the airport quite a bit), definitely works well!