Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on July 19, 2015
Perfect for USB external hard drives. I send them all over the word in them and they protect them perfectly. Shop price! At the PX/BX they are as much as $34. I got them on Amazon between $14 and $20. The 1020's (the size for USB hard drives, not the large USB and A/C plug size). I noted the clear lid is better. It's as hard as the solid colored ones (though they don't appear to be, but they are) and it's much easier to be sure you're not pinching your USB cable in the lid.
BTW, they do make larger ones your powered externals will fit, but I could not justify the cost ratio for my data importance. If your data is critical, then cost isn't an option and these will protect them. I always buy 2 of the larger HD's and use one as a duplicate of my data so if one fails, I immediately replace and make a new 2nd copy (I have 6, with 4 TB worth of data each, but own 12 for 1 for 1 backup). I save the original boxes they come in (my preference is Seagate) and they ship well in them. But again, if your data is too critical to lose, pay the money, buy the appropriate sized Pelican.
on July 1, 2013
...plus cash and/or credit card. Serves the purpose for out on the water. Can see through to the phone for messages.
on February 13, 2014
eXcellent! I bought it to keep many of my photography accessories in a safety box!

- High quality
- Rubber internal design
- Water resistant (tested!!!)
- Impact resistant
- yes, fit my iPhone 5/5S with case!

Great! A must to have!
review image
on March 5, 2014
I purchased this for a full day adventure race in which I knew I would be submerged in water, and would be putting a case through some serious impact (Ie, full bodyweight fall on top of this thing from a 200lb guy such as myself). At the end of ten hours of pretty constant abuse, the case was still water tight and actually looked relatively new!

Size wise I had backed a couple energy gels, photo ID, bandages, car keys, some cash, and my cell phone with a bit of room to spare. I was a little nervous about my cell, but being that I hate my BlackBerry I was willing to sacrifice it to truly test the case. If the case protected it, I bought a great case! If the case failed, I would be rid of this junky phone. Win-win at its finest.

I do wish they made a slightly larger size that would accomodate my wallet and some additional items, but I haven't found one that is also cost effective as the price gets pretty high.

I would recommend this for anyone who will be camping/kayaking/hiking/etc. Any situation where you might need to keep a few precious items from getting smashed and soaked.
on February 5, 2015
I had been looking for something to hold SD cards for my camera for a while but all the options seemed really poor made or didn't hold a lot. So I decided to make my own using this case and the foam set sold separately. Works great so now there protected and weather proof!!

As for the case its made of a hard plastic with a rubber insert which gives it color. The rubber is removable but the down side is it will not seal at all if it is not there. I only mention it because I removed the rubber to put the foam set in it which fit fine but didn't seal. So you need to kind of cram the foam in with the rubber insert to make it work. Seems to seal nicely and all the hinges seem well made to last years, they also hold there position real well. Also comes with a carabiner attached which is a nice feature for me making it easier to pull from a bag.

Overall id recommend this or any of the various sizes they come in. If you need water and crush proof this is the way to go, and it doesn't break the bank either!!!

Positives+
Well made
See through

Negatives-
Rubber removable but makes it usless
review image review image review image review image
on June 30, 2013
Pelican makes GREAT cases, this is one of them. I store my g-drive in there for transport all over town. Pits perfectly and it is also protected from moisture. I can still read the label on the drive. Love this case.
on February 14, 2016
Good size and watertight. Good size for fire starting kit. Has valve to equalize with atmospheric pressure if higher inside. Construction not as sturdy as its big brothers. Red rubber lining is removable.
on December 18, 2013
I use this in my son's backpack to keep his phone from being crushed. He has a iPhone 4 with a case and a droid 2 with a case they both fit (one at a time) . FYI for parents out there, my school started a "bring your own device" program and I couldn't bring myself to get two tablets or phones for my third graders so my husband and I upgraded our phones and gave our kids our old ones with no service. They use them like a tablet. They connect to the schools WiFi or our WiFi so they have internet supervision.
on May 29, 2015
The liner is also the air gasket so that you are forced to use the liner.

Often I use these type of cases with the liners removed. Can't do that with this one which costs you quite a bit of space.
on December 10, 2015
I have a couple dozen pelican cases. I use this size (1020) to store and transport two external hard drives. I have used these for years in some rugged environments and have never had an issue other than my kids appropriating them for tubing or whitewater rafting, the cases not the hard drives.