5.0 out of 5 stars Works great when on the river

2.0 out of 5 stars Blue pelican case
Published 7 months ago by kh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great when on the river, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Pelican 1030 Micro Dry Case /Snorkelers/Kayakers - Yellow w/ clear lid (Camera)
I tested the case fairly thoroughly on the river this summer. I kept it in a small cooler while tubing. The seal held tight and none of my items came into contact with any sort of water or moisture. (I'm in Texas, the ICE melts quickly, so the product was sitting in water most of the time.) GREAT buy in my opinion, for protecting your gear in any situation that involves water. Will fit smart phones. I have a Galaxy S3 that fits great with room for cash and keys!

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the Description, July 12, 2010
I've seen these at the local camping store, but will buy from here because the price is much lower. These can have such a strong seal, though, that they're nearly impossible to open. So it's a good/bad trait for this product.

One reviewer was upset that his stuff got wet after swimming with it, but the description states that it is not for swimming or submerging. Besides, anyone who's familiar with "waterproof" products knows that "watertight" means water resistant, not waterproof. If it were, it would have stated to what depth it is waterproof.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pen case for dangerous ink., September 8, 2013
I use a fountain pen ink that is the brightest, strongest, and finest looking blue ink that I can find. It's not only indelible and mostly bulletproof (no forger's solvents work on it) but it will stain anything. I mean anything: it is said that it will even stain stainless steel, which I found hard to believe, so then I had to use a scrubbing pad to get it off the kitchen sink. Needless to say, this ink and the pens using it have to stay in a water-tight box where it can do little damage. Amazon asked, so I had to say it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This case is just barely large enough to hold my ..., July 24, 2014
This case is just barely large enough to hold my iPhone 5 (not flat, but at an angle) and a few other small things. I use it while backpacking or canoeing to protect my phone just in case I fall into water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fine offering from Pelican, June 18, 2013
What can you say, pelican always brings the Quality. Better then expected & Made in the USA (That means something to me)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm addicted to these Pelican Micro boxes, September 17, 2014
Dan (Maryland) - See all my reviews
The Pelican Micro Series boxes are nothing short of perfect. I have many of them in various sizes with both black with a clear lid and yellow with a clear lid. Anything that you'd want to protect from getting crushed or wet, then these are what you need. All of the Pelican Micro Series are made of some sort of super-strong plastic. I'm pretty sure you can run them over with your car and they wouldn't break. They are also completely waterproof with a very tight seal when snapped closed. They come with the black carabiner, but I don't care for them so I take them off. They also have a small pressure valve on the front to equalize the pressure. The colored rubber insert is also removable if you'd prefer to have just a clear box. Pelican boxes of all sorts are very popular with our military so that should tell you how incredibly strong and just plain great they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits ACR AquaLink 406 GPS Personal Locator Beacon, August 25, 2014
Got this to house a ACR AquaLink 406 GPS Personal Locator Beacon to protect it from the elements and also inadvertent button activation while traveling. Fits perfectly and snugly inside, almost as if it were custom made for it. Note that the latch mechanism doesn't seem like it would make a sturdy waterproof seal, but would protect against rain, mud, and dust on the trail. So it's perfect for a backpack or packed in luggage, but wouldn't recommending scuba diving or snorkeling with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible so far, June 28, 2014
My son uses it to carry his baritone sax mouthpiece between his bari at school and the one at home. (The instrument case could probably sleep a Newfoundland, and weighs almost as much.) We put a piece of foam in it, and it's been banging around on a carabiner from his backpack loop for months, without harming the delicate reed, let alone the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is about 7" long, 1" wide, and fits well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate protection for expensive sunglasses that get subjected to a beating, April 14, 2014
This Pelican case was perfect for my expensive sunglasses. Have a pair of large prescription Maui Jim's that cost me over $300. When I travel I keep them in a large pouch on the side of my laptop attaché carryon. The Maui Jim case is nice and sturdy, but no match for the beating they get when I travel. This Pelican case is up to the challenge and is just the right size. And yes I did measure before I ordered. Cheap insurance for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blue pelican case, April 12, 2014
The problem I had with this case was how was advertised on Amazon. The picture showed a 1050, the title of the product was 1030 so I ordered this hoping the mistake was in the description, not the photo. But, it came to me as a 1030 so, I returned it. The product was fine, just not a 1050. When I reordered another one, it looked like the advertising and the products matched....so maybe that mistake had been update. Hopefully. But, the pelican cases are nice and functional.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›