5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Panasonic DMC-ZS3
I am extremely satisfied with a tip I recently saw under another customer's product picture: The Pelican 1010-026-100 Micro Case fits the Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera just perfectly!

Published on September 6, 2009 by BarBu

2.0 out of 5 stars Blue pelican case
The problem I had with this case was how was advertised on Amazon. The picture showed a 1050, the title of the product was 1030 so I ordered this hoping the mistake was in the description, not the photo. But, it came to me as a 1030 so, I returned it. The product was fine, just not a 1050. When I reordered another one, it looked like the advertising and the products...
Published 10 months ago by kh

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Panasonic DMC-ZS3, September 6, 2009

Because of another review, I was a bit worried about the clear lid, which doesn't have extra protection inside, but the camera is very snug and secure in the case, it doesn't wiggle at all.

Now I am looking forward to my next air travel, when the camera is clearly visible for security personnel at the checkpoint, because overseas I often had to remove my cameras from their bags. This case should speed up the check-through significantly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique application for Pelican 1010 case, June 26, 2013
My use for the 1010 was to weatherproof an alarm keypad. I spray painted the inside, in order to hide the keypad from view. The assembly is mounted next to my garage side entry door, and is used to un-latch the door or the gate to the backyard (Via the automation controller).
Before starting the project, I contacted the manufacturer regarding possible long term UV damage; I was told that their enclosures have been used for years in similar outdoor applications.
The pad has been exposed to the elements for over five years without failure (There is some slight yellowing). An identical keypad mounted on the front porch, without the box, failed after 4 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case, July 26, 2013
F. Sasso "Stupidity Should Hurt" (Plainfield, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
I got this case for my hearing aids when I am at the pool, lake or water parks with the kids. I use it more often than I thought as it is not too heavy and the hearing aids fits perfectly when used with the Pelican pluck foam. I did not realize that these cases are not water proof like the OtterBoxes, they are only water resistant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Case, September 16, 2011
I bought this case to hold my MP3 player (Cowon S9) and a set of IEMs. Everything fits nicely - the S9 is very snug top-to-bottom, with about 1/4" of space left on one side. There's plenty of space on top to put your IEMs or any other small accessories. I will say that the dimensions are slightly different than what's in the description due to the rubber liner. It reduces the inner dimensions to approximately 4.25 x 2.74 instead of the 4.37 x 2.87 in the description. The interior height of the case is reduced by a very small amount as well. While the case can be used without the rubber insert, it is necessary in order to create a watertight seal, so potential buyers should be aware of the slight difference in dimensions. I was hoping that it would fit the S9 with the headphones still plugged in, but I must have mis-measured, because even with the liner removed, the headphone jack still sticks out quite a bit past the edge of the case. Still a 5-star case though; I can't really fault it for my own measuring errors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for small items that need to be kept clean and dry!, July 31, 2013
Pelican is a widely recognized brand that has a great reputation for keeping items safe, clean, and dry and this is no exception. I use this case to keep extra cell phone and flashlight batteries and a few other miscellaneous items including a USB flash drive. I keep this case attached to my Kelty backpack at all times and I now consider it a "must have" for me.

Though this case is a bit small for most smart phones and other tech items that you would like to keep dry, it is the perfect size for accessories. I have a Galaxy S4 and I am able to keep 2 extra batteries as well as 2 extra Ultrafire batteries for my Fenix TK21. I also keep my USB drive in there for when I need data to go.

Pros: Safe, secure, dry, and clean

Cons: a bit small, but not a huge deal.

Overall: This is a GREAT case that I would recommend for anyone who needs to keep some tech accessories with them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy case for protecting what matters, December 22, 2012
This is my first go around with a small Pelican case (I have the 1510 carry on and it works like a charm!).

Reason for buying:
I bought this to protect the numerous thumb drives that I have acquired over the years. I wanted something that would not only keep them in one place, but be able to stand up to the elements and getting knocked around in a bag during travel. I also purchased the pick n' pluck foam insert to keep things from jingling around inside the case

Pros:
Durable - The 1010 case has a solid construction and the rubber bottom inside also forms the seal around the entire lip of the case). Haven't put it through the elements yet, but I have confidence it would do just fine.
Versatile - You can easily pull the foam insert out and fit loose items such as money, credit cards, a pocket knife, medicine, etc to have your essential items in an easy on-the-go case.

Cons:
Size - it is a bit too big for just being a thumb drive case, however I plan on using it for multiple items when traveling (I knew this when I bought it). If you're looking to store flash memory, then you might opt for a slimmer Pelican case.
Carabiner ring - the carabiner that the case comes with is a bit cheap feeling but it's not a deal breaker by any means. The opening however is too small and only fits small sized carabiners. Pelican would be better off having an opening that can fit a regular size carabiner; it would make it that much more useful to clip onto backpacks or a belt loop.

* Note, this case will not fit an iPhone 4/4s... I tried mine just for kicks and it is just a hair too big for the case. Then again, I believe Pelican makes a case specifically for smart phones if that's what you're looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my camera, August 3, 2013
NC Bob "Bob" (Chapel Hill, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I was in a canoe with this case attached to my belt when the canoe flipped over. The camera was underwater for at least 20 minutes and the case did not leak a drop. I am a believer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for RX100, July 14, 2014
It fits my RX100 perfectly. It offers a ton of protection, and the price is hard to beat. It will fit an iPhone or smaller android device, probably less than 5" screen, keys, and some other miscellaneous items. It is not huge, but it will keep whatever in it safely and dry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty great product, August 30, 2013
I love pelican cases though nothing I've ever used that claims to be waterproof actually is. These can sometimes collect condensation--just a little--on the inside when used in wet conditions like taking your camera on a sea kayaking tour. Otherwise, love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A protective case for hearing aids with an active lifestyle, September 20, 2014
These little cases get used for a wide variety of things; I use mine as a protective case for hearing aids. Oticon makes a nice little plastic case for my HA's, but it is not protective enough to put them in a backpack at the firing range, or to protectively store them when I pull them out in the weight room, or in the lab. The Oticon case does, though, drop perfectly into the Pelican 1010 case. Double cased, double protected! Anyone with HA's and an active life style should look into this inexpensive (extremely inexpensive when compared to a new set of HA's) solution.

Pelican 1050-026-100 Small Case with Clear Lid and Carabineer (Blue)
$24.75 $14.98